Ten Gun Myths and Memes-- Shot Down

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNf8v4m5Vdg&list=PLco42nxMgEslujzbKHlCMSdkfJt9H7_ZS]One old man with a pistol bests three teenage robbers - YouTube[/ame]

People on the far left cant fathom shit like this.........most are these guilt ridden bubble dwellars living in Pantywaistville, USA. Serious crime happens near them once in a blue moon........of course they are fucking limpwristers. They seriously envision a land with no guns.

Last edited:
Hahahaha! 10 points of garbage!

More guns = more gun deaths (sometimes)

Here's the problem:

- Gun deaths =/= ALL violent crimes
- How many of those deaths were guns used defensively or police shooting criminals

In other words, all those statistics are selectively based to distort reality.

More guns, less crime according to the Dept. Of Justice.

070113graph2.gif

Hahahaha! 10 points of garbage!

More guns = more gun deaths (sometimes)

Here's the problem:

- Gun deaths =/= ALL violent crimes
- How many of those deaths were guns used defensively or police shooting criminals

In other words, all those statistics are selectively based to distort reality.

More guns, less crime according to the Dept. Of Justice.

070113graph2.gif

Countries that do not allow gun ownership have lower murder rates.

Rabbi -

This is the context.

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

If you can accept that this chart is accurate, then you simply have to ask what is going wrong with guns in the US and how the problem can be addressed.

Denial of the problem is exactly what led the US to the position it holds on that chart.

Tbat is not the context. That is another factoid which is meaningless in the absence of context.
So far no one has advocated any measure that has shown any promise of reducing gun violence as opposed to merely sticking it to lawful gun owners.

Rabbi -

This is the context.

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

If you can accept that this chart is accurate, then you simply have to ask what is going wrong with guns in the US and how the problem can be addressed.

Denial of the problem is exactly what led the US to the position it holds on that chart.

Tbat is not the context. That is another factoid which is meaningless in the absence of context.
So far no one has advocated any measure that has shown any promise of reducing gun violence as opposed to merely sticking it to lawful gun owners.

This is classic..........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FLXLXCdgo]Man Blasts Home Intruder With Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

But one must understand the mind of the far left guy........they see this video and they are feeling sorry for the guy who got blasted at the door.

By the way, the limpwrister doesnt pick up ( at all) the most important information in this vid.....the woman saying "he shot him but he's still moving around".:2up:

Im laughing...........to make a statement "countries that do not allow gun ownership have lower murder rates." indicates somebody who envisions the United States as a country that might someday be a gunless country.

Ooooooops

:2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance:

Last edited:

Daily Mail | UK More Violent Crime Than U.S.

Your story is from 1999.

The UK has/had a sslightly higher rate of assaults, but a homicide rate around 1/4 that of the US.

Which is EXACTLY the problem for the US. The UK may be a more violent society - but people don't get killed there.

tradeoffs s0n.........one of the things guys like you cannot comprehend. In fact, most all far left guys never factor having to answer two important qustions not matter what you are talking:

1) As compared to what?

and

2) At what cost?

LMAO......Great Britain has no peer in terms of violent crime per capita...........:fu::fu::fu:......

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

of course to the far lefty guy, this has nothing to do with criminals knwing there is a total gun ban:eusa_dance:

Far left guys always see fucking everything as a zero sum game.:clap2: Then again........they see the world as being a place where there is a solution to every problem In this case, that if we ban guns, everybody is a winner and the world is more of a utopia. The conservative mind asks the additional necessary questions, like, "If the bad guys know my house is not defended with a firearm, are they more likely to destroy my life by coming inside and taking my stuff and the lives of my kids?"

The answer to this question for the far left guy is "NO!!!"

100% certainty......banning guns wont happen in the USA. Having a mega-asteroid strike earth is far more probable.

Last edited:
Im laughing...........to make a statement "countries that do not allow gun ownership have lower murder rates." indicates somebody who envisions the United States as a country that might someday be a gunless country.

Ooooooops

:2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance::2up::eusa_dance:

I don't think that's the point here. At least not for me.
The point is simpler than it might look: to demythtify the myths so we can see how things really work in human experience and psychology. If we determine that a lesser availability of guns means less violence, does that mean we have to lessen the availability of guns? Not necessarily, and I don't think that's effective if the mentality is still there.

We've had white sugar and fried foods readily available too, but over time as we see the deleterious effects thereof, we voluntarily started backing away. Nobody had to ban sugar for that to happen.

The point here is not any kind of "gun grab" and I know before even going back through the thread that some are going to choose to interpret it that way. Don't overthink it; the point is simply to understand how things really work through an honest and fact-based approach rather than through explosive emotional hype. It's to raise consciousness above the guessing-game level.

What we then do with that understanding is another and entirely separate separate question. Before we even address that step we need a starting point based on tangible truths.

Thank you all for participating in this; I'll catch up and jump back in when I get time.

Last edited:
The UK has/had a sslightly higher rate of assaults, but a homicide rate around 1/4 that of the US.

Which is EXACTLY the problem for the US. The UK may be a more violent society - but people don't get killed there.

Guess where all the homicides in the U.S. happen? Cities with strict gun control.

Chicago murder rate far worse since strict gun control - Washington Times

It's not fair to say the U.S., a gun rights nation, has a high rate of homicides when the homicide is happening in gun controlled areas.

Skull P -

I agree with you to come extent. We can not know how many times a potential burglar is put off entering a house because we sees a gun rack, or something like that. Of course it happens.

But we also know that residents of homes which contain firearms are also more likely to die of gun shot wounds.

It's a solid, reliable statistical fact.

People with swimming pools are more likely to drown than people without swimming pools.

That is another statistical fact.

It's meaningless. It's like saying people who own motorcycles are more likely to get into a motorcycle accident than people who don't own motorcycles.

DUH!

Your story is from 1999.

tradeoffs s0n.........one of the things guys like you cannot comprehend. In fact, most all far left guys never factor having to answer two important qustions not matter what you are talking:

1) As compared to what?

and

2) At what cost?

LMAO......Great Britain has no peer in terms of violent crime per capita...........:fu::fu::fu:......

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

of course to the far lefty guy, this has nothing to do with criminals knwing there is a total gun ban:eusa_dance:

Far left guys always see fucking everything as a zero sum game.:clap2: Then again........they see the world as being a place where there is a solution to every problem In this case, that if we ban guns, everybody is a winner and the world is more of a utopia. The conservative mind asks the additional necessary questions, like, "If the bad guys know my house is not defended with a firearm, are they more likely to destroy my life by coming inside and taking my stuff and the lives of my kids?"

The answer to this question for the far left guy is "NO!!!"

100% certainty......banning guns wont happen in the USA. Having a mega-asteroid strike earth is far more probable.

You are afraid to mention other European countries. Are you one of those limpwristers?

Ooooooops

Not at all, I think that America is fucked. There is no going back.

Really, did you look at how they came up with the numbers, first they only used numbers from 3 cities and only the numbers where there was an injury or death. There are hunders of thousands if not millions of instances where a firearm is used for home defense where there are no injuries and their myth ingnores them. Just more proof that when you control the input you can make stats say anything you want. Care to try again.

I am not going to say these figures are perfect because I haven't looked at the methodology - BUT, I have read research with excellent peer-reviewed statistical methodology conducted at Harvard - and the conclusions were broadly similar.

I suggest reading some of the Harvard research before attacking these too harshly.

These were obviously thrown together by a hack trying to push an agenda, you can't come up with accurate numbers looking at only 626 cases that had injuries and come up with the conclusions represented in the article. I'm just calling BS when I see it and this is BS. EDIT: I simply took his numbers and applied them to the country as a whole to show how far out they were.

The OP is utter bullshit.

Forum List

Back