Ten 5th-7th Graders Vs the Kindergartener

I had a homeschool family living next to me for a few years
Wanted a bible based education

The kids were dumb as a bunch of rocks, so was the mother

Truth: I used to be an advocate of homeschooling. The homeschoolers drove me to stop doing it. I'm not kidding about that--people like Weatherman. When it used to come up in the teacher's lounge and stuff, I used to defend homeschooling, and I'm not just saying that.

I don't anymore. They don't deserve it. They're too nasty and vindictive, and mostly because they just want to defend their own choices.

Nothing against homeschooling. It just isn’t the educational solution that conservatives claim it is. My cousins kids were homeschooled, but they are both PhDs. They did just fine
But I have doubts that the same parents who graduated from those failed schools have the skills or perseverance to teach multiple courses and deal with educational issues
From Leftard CBS:

A new study published in The Journal of College Admissionsuggests that homeschool studentsenjoy higher ACT scores, grade point averages and graduation rates compared with other college students.

Can Homeschoolers Do Well in College?
Cherry picking the successes while ignoring those who receive a woefully inadequate education and never apply to college

I have told homeschoolers for a few years now those gains they "enjoyed" are about to be seriously eroded. Abusers have figured out they can hide their abuse in "homeschooling", for one thing. For another, the proliferation of "online schools", which is basically homeschooling.

True to form, homeschoolers are in total denial about it.
Some have highly educated parents and both parent and student are highly motivated. Those are the success stories we hear about

Others are motivated by a fear of children learning about the world. A world not controlled by parents. A world with blacks, Jews, Muslims, gays, poor people

Truth: I used to be an advocate of homeschooling. The homeschoolers drove me to stop doing it. I'm not kidding about that--people like Weatherman. When it used to come up in the teacher's lounge and stuff, I used to defend homeschooling, and I'm not just saying that.

I don't anymore. They don't deserve it. They're too nasty and vindictive, and mostly because they just want to defend their own choices.

Nothing against homeschooling. It just isn’t the educational solution that conservatives claim it is. My cousins kids were homeschooled, but they are both PhDs. They did just fine
But I have doubts that the same parents who graduated from those failed schools have the skills or perseverance to teach multiple courses and deal with educational issues
From Leftard CBS:

A new study published in The Journal of College Admissionsuggests that homeschool studentsenjoy higher ACT scores, grade point averages and graduation rates compared with other college students.

Cherry picking the successes while ignoring those who receive a woefully inadequate education and never apply to college

I have told homeschoolers for a few years now those gains they "enjoyed" are about to be seriously eroded. Abusers have figured out they can hide their abuse in "homeschooling", for one thing. For another, the proliferation of "online schools", which is basically homeschooling.

Others are motivated by a fear of children learning about the world. A world not controlled by parents. A world with blacks, Jews, Muslims, gays, poor people

How do you know?

From Leftard CBS:

How do you know?
Because I am smart, I have a big brain and am the Smartest poster on USMB

Forum List

Back