Temporary Marriage in Islam( Nikah mut‘ah)

There are approximately 70 muslim or muslim majority countries.

Just saying..............

Seventy countries with significant Islamic populations, possibly, but only 18 -20 Islamic countries.

Ghana, Togo, Sierra Leone...these are still essentially Christian and Vodun countries.

Muslim Countries

1 Afaganistan 18M 99%
2 Albania 2.3M 75%
3 Algeria 22M 98%
4 Bahrain .220M 99%
5 Bangladesh 100M 85%
6 Cameroon 6.2M 55%
7 Central African Republic 2M 55%
8 Chad 4M 85%
9 Dahomey 3M 60%
10 Egypt 51M 93%
11 Ethiopia 27M 65%
12 Gambia .4M 85%
13 Guinea 4.3M 95%
14 Guinea-Bissau .81M 70%
15 Indonesia 161M 95%
16 Iran 48M 98%
17 Iraq 14.5M 95%
18 Ivory Coast 5M 55%
19 Jordan 3M 95%
20 Kuwait 1M 98%
21 Lebanon 3M 57%
22 Libya 3M 100%
23 Malaysia 14.5M 52%
24 Maldive Islands 12M 100%
25 Mali 6M 90%
26 Mauritania 2M 100%
27 Morocco 24M 99%
28 Niger 4.5M 91%
29 Nigeria 100M 75%
30 Oman .75M 100%
31 Pakistan 90M 97%
32 Qatar .18M 100%
33 Saudi Arabia 10.5M 100
34 Senegal 7M 95%
35 Sierra Leone 3M 65%
36 Somalia 5M 100%
37 South Yemen 1.5M 95%
38 Sudan 22M 85%
39 Syria 11M 87%
40 Tanzania 15M 65%
41 Togo 2.1M 55%
42 Tunisia 7M 95%
43 Turkey 66M 99%
44 U.A.E .32M 100%
45 Upper Volta 6M 56%
46 North Yemen 6M 99%

Muslim Minority Countries

Angola 1.5M 25%
Argentina .5M 2%
Ausralia .13M 1%
Bhutan .05M 5%
Botswana .03M 5%
Brazil .21M .2%
Bulgaria 1.3M 14%
Burma 3M 10%
Burundi .7M 20%
Cambodia .07M 1%
Canada .1M .5%
China 100M 11%
Congo .15M 15%
Cyprus .21M 33%
Equatorial Guinea .07M 25%
Fiji .06M 11%
France 2M 3.80%
Germany 1.5M 2.40%
Ghana 3M 30%
Gibraltar .003M 10%
Greece .27M 3%
Hong Kong .004M 1%
Guyana .01M 15%
India 100M 12%
Italy .55M 1%
Japan .01M 1.00%
Kenya 4M 29.50%
Liberia .5M 30%
Lesotho .12M 10%
Malagasy Republic 1.4M 20%
Malawi 1.7M 35%
Malta .045M 14%
Mauritius .14M 19.50%
Mozambique 2.2M 29%
Nambia .034M 5%
Nepal .5M 4%
Netherlands .2M 1.50%
Panama .05M 4%
Phillipines 5M 12%
Portuguese Timor .012M 20%
Reunion .09M 20%
Rumania .2M 20%
Zimbabwe 1M 15%
South Africa .5M 2%
Sri Lanka 1.2M 9%
Surinam .1M 25%
Swaziland .046M 10%
Thailand 6M 14%
Trinidad & Tobago .127M 12%
Uganda 4M 36%
U.K 1.5M 2.70%
U.S.S.R (Russia) 60M 20%
U.S.A 3.2M 1.50%
Yugoslavia 5M 20%
Zaire 2.4M 10%
Zambia .7M 15%

Muslim Countries of the World

Sunni -

Interesting list, and good posting.

I've never thought of places like the Ivory Coast as a muslim country, although obviously it has a large Muslim population.

I'll think about my usual number of 18-20...maybe it needs yo be upped a bit.

I
cutting off of appendages as punishment - Explain why that's such a bad thing. The US also executes people for murder. Do you condemn that?

hanging gays - Tyler Clementi - Matthew Wayne Shepard - Charlie Hernandez - Stuart Walker and a lot more. All done by Muslims?

?

Really??? you don't see that cutting off someones hand is wrong? Yes we have capital punsihment but you have to admit that lethal injection is more humane and capital cases are only given for the worst offenders like murders, not for adultry and being gay.

No graphic pics or tubes-Meister

Last edited:
I neither support nor despise Islam.

I don't really care about other peoples religions.

Killing of non believers - Joseph Kony

Killing of apostates (people who leave Islam) - Ditto the above.

SOME Muslims do some of that he things above as some Christians and many Americans do many of the things above.
Are ALL Americans and/or Christians evil because some do those things?

The difference is it's in the doctrine of the religion itself. In no place does Jesus say kill non believers and apostates and yet we know Islam does.

Iran: Christian Convert May Still Be Hanged

"He was arrested in October 2009 and a year later was sentenced to death for apostasy on a charge which has doubtful legality in the Iranian civil legal system, but which is underpinned by sharia law."

Jesus on Non believers: Mathew10:

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

No tolerance for non belivers either: Mohammad on non believers:

Koran:http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

Nigerian Church Leader Describes Jihad Against Christians In His Country « Persecution News

"These massacres are in great part caused by the fundamentalist Islamic group Boko Haram (literally meaning "Western education is forbidden"). They operate in the Northern part of Nigeria where all these acts of violence are occurring. It is a group that intends to replace the Constitution with Islamic law in order to forcefully convert the people to Islam."

Pakistan Christian Post

"Before these Hindus were allowed to cross the Indo-Pak border, they shared their woes with the Pakistani media. They said that “their shops were looted, their houses were raided by unknown men and their women were forcefully converted” to Islam in the province of Sindh. These stopped Hindus held a protest after which the Pakistani government allowed them to cross over to India the next day. This embarrassing news made the Sindh Chief Minister Kaim Ali Shah and President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari take notice of the incident. A presidential inquiry committee was set up to end plight of Hindus. There is very little hope that the committee’s recommendations would bring any change that could halt exodus of religious minorities. In 2009 the Pakistani government set up a judicial commission to inquire the Gojra attacks in which dozens of houses of the Christians were set alight and eight Christians were killed. The judicial report identified responsible elements and also suggested amendments in the blasphemy laws. Alas! To this day, no attention has been paid to the judicial commission’s recommendations. The outcome of this presidential inquiry can be assessed from the fact that Malik’s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has submitted its report that no exodus of Hindus is taking place and the Hindu lackeys in the government have also denied any migration of Hindus."

Last edited:
The thread was making a comparison between Islam and Christainity and pointed out that somehow Christians are exempt from committing acts of cruelty. That's patently wrong. Christianity is probably the top religion when it comes to body count. They've been responsible for genocides throughout the ages...and have committed some brutal acts of barbarism with such zeal..that it disgusts even the most hardened observer. From butchering Orthdox Catholic Greeks at Constantinople to herding Jews into the ovens at Auschwitz, Christians have indeed been a very busy bunch.

no disputing from me about the bloody history of xnity, but i assert that islam is the leader for body counts. even when factoring in xnitys age at 2000+ years & islam the adolescent at 1400 years, given the differences in their ideology, it's really not surprising that islam "wins" this horrible contest. as for the "herding jews" b.s. to hell with that claim that nazis were xtians

and of course some links, i might start a thread in the history 4um about this

250+ million killed for allah
Political Islam // Articles // Tears of Jihad

i haven't waded thru all this info to add up the numbers
Killings for Christianity
Killings for Islam

LOLOL you are posting a "historian" to support that theological claim ?? here is his about page
About – F.E.Peters

i stand by my assertion (as an more or less independent observer) that the allah god is not the same as the xtian god nor the jewish god, altho i will admit the possibility of the "5 blind men and the elephant" allegory, but i'm convinced the evidence from the holy texts of these warring groups DOES NOT support they are the "same"

Is Allah the God of the Bible?
Therefore, Christians can use Allah as a title or a generic noun for the true God, but not as the personal name for the God of the Holy Bible.

Allah of Islam, Is He Yahweh God of the Bible?
Or Abualrub may wish to say that Allah is the eternal name of his deity, the proper name of the god proclaimed by the Quran, and if so, then this further proves that Allah of Islam is not the true God of the Holy Bible, Yahweh Elohim. In either case, Abualrub must contend with the fact that the Holy Bible conclusively proves that the Allah proclaimed by Muhammad is a false god.

Is Allah and Yahweh the same God or different? - Catholic Answers Forums
catholics say "NO"

Is Allah and Yahweh the same God?
protestants that are more strict in their sola scriptura studies say "NO"

Last edited:
Laughin -

Given it is only used in its entirety in 4 countries - why does you post go on and on about Islamic countries and stoning, when more than 75% of Islamic countries don't do it?

Do you not see how this is - at best misinformed and misleading, and at worst simply racist?

I never claimed that sharia was being used in it's entirety in all the muslim countries?????

But fractions of it and some of the most violent parts of it are being used in more than 4 countries, that's bad enough. With the Muslim Brotherhood on the rise more of Sharia will be used. Am I to stay silent? That's how Hitler took power,people stayed silent and did nothing. It's going to spread as Islam spreads.

This thread is about finished.

Since the copy & paste twins are both here and doing their thing.

You have a problem with us supporting our argument?

However I did just get an infraction for being too graphic so I will have to tone it down.

You have a problem with us supporting our argument?

However I did just get an infraction for being too graphic so I will have to tone it down.
Actually, your argument is rather weak; and you don't really know your subject matter very well.

Massive use of C & P is an attempt to mask this intellectual deficiency. :cool:

No massive use of C & P is just what I'm used too. The first thing most people on other boards say is either "links" or "evidence", which of course I am expected to provide. I thought above Flame zone (where facts don't matter) I actually had to prove my case instead of expecting you to just take my word for it.

Really??? you don't see that cutting off someones hand is wrong? Yes we have capital punsihment but you have to admit that lethal injection is more humane and capital cases are only given for the worst offenders like murders, not for adultry and being gay.

No graphic pics or tubes-Meister

The crime rates tend to be very low in countries that engage in that form of punishment.
How does a man losing a hand weigh up against being able to leave a market stall unattended because no one will steal anything?
Could you do that in the US?

Killing of non believers - Joseph Kony

Killing of apostates (people who leave Islam) - Ditto the above.

SOME Muslims do some of that he things above as some Christians and many Americans do many of the things above.
Are ALL Americans and/or Christians evil because some do those things?

The difference is it's in the doctrine of the religion itself. In no place does Jesus say kill non believers and apostates and yet we know Islam does.

Excellent.
I must remember to mention that to any of his victims surviving family members.
I'm sure it'll be of great comfort to them.

Idiot - Hi, I just want to tell you that it could have been worse. Your children could have been hacked to death by Muslims because it's allowed in Al Qur'an but Kony was corrupting the bible.

Victim's mum - Well, that's all ok then. Cheers for that. I feel much better now so I'll buy you a beer.

Am I to stay silent? That's how Hitler took power,people stayed silent and did nothing. It's going to spread as Islam spreads.

I don't see how spreading nonsense and gossip helps anyone.

Don't say silent - but get yourself on a plane and do some reading. In ten minutes in Jordan you'll start to realise how false many, many of your assumptions about Islam are.

Am I to stay silent? That's how Hitler took power,people stayed silent and did nothing. It's going to spread as Islam spreads.

I don't see how spreading nonsense and gossip helps anyone.

Don't say silent - but get yourself on a plane and do some reading. In ten minutes in Jordan you'll start to realise how false many, many of your assumptions about Islam are.

FYI, I've been to the middle east.

Last edited:
LaughinReaper?

Great - I am pleased to hear it!

I do hope that perhaps from this point you will start to post more about issues concerning the region that you are well informed about and really understand.

It just makes for more interesting posting that comparing Islam with Charles Manson.

For anyone interested, stoning to death is not mentioned in the quran, but it is ordered by Muhamad in the following hadith. But there is a verse in the quran saying, cut off the hands of a thief.

Bukhari
Volume 8, Book 82, Number 809:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

A Jew and a Jewess were brought to Allah's Apostle on a charge of committing an illegal sexual intercourse. The Prophet asked them. "What is the legal punishment (for this sin) in your Book (Torah)?" They replied, "Our priests have innovated the punishment of blackening the faces with charcoal and Tajbiya." 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "O Allah's Apostle, tell them to bring the Torah." The Torah was brought, and then one of the Jews put his hand over the Divine Verse of the Rajam (stoning to death) and started reading what preceded and what followed it. On that, Ibn Salam said to the Jew, "Lift up your hand." Behold! The Divine Verse of the Rajam was under his hand. So Allah's Apostle ordered that the two (sinners) be stoned to death, and so they were stoned. Ibn 'Umar added: So both of them were stoned at the Balat and I saw the Jew sheltering the Jewess.