Telsa new electric car the EXP36

Is the Third Drive Unit the Charm? - 2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Tesla also performed a "courtesy vehicle inspection," where it noted that the right rear tire has 3/32" of tread remaining. For reference, the other tires are at 8/32" (LF), 7/32" (RF) and 8/32" (LR). The worn tire is closer to its treadwear indicator on the inside of the tire, and given our past with prematurely worn tires, it's worth keeping a close eye on. Also, I wonder if the service bulletin regarding the new bolt for rear camber correction has something to do with this wear. Dan Edmunds will take a closer look at the tire soon.

Finally, the dealer found that the lug nuts were beginning to swell and were hard to remove, so they replaced all 20 of them.

All repairs were performed under warranty and Tesla delivered the car to us the following morning. Tesla didn't note the cost of the parts in its paperwork, but I have to think this repair cost Tesla at least the $5,000. Big 85KwH batteries and electric drive units don't come cheap.

When I first sat down to write this post, I was all fired up, as I tried to picture myself in an owner's shoes. If I had to replace the engine on my car twice — hell, even once — I would swear off the brand forever. But after talking it over with some colleagues, I was reminded that the people who buy Teslas aren't just buying basic transportation. They are early adopters and willing beta testers of a shiny new piece of tech.

In that context, I remembered my experience with my Xbox 360. Early models had high failure rates, which led to the infamous "Red Ring of Death." At the end the console generation, I had gone through three system failures. Not once did I think about ditching the Xbox and gaming exclusively on a Sony PlayStation 3. The Xbox was my preferred piece of tech, and when it broke, I just got it fixed, warranty or not.

Obviously the costs are different and no one relies on an Xbox 360 to get them to work, but the mindset is the same. For those Tesla owners who still love their cars, even in the face of major repairs, I get it.

Teething problems that Tesla is covering.

How much profit has Tesla made?
How much profit did microsoft have at this stage.

Sorry Old Rockhead, but Microsoft was profitable almost from day 1

Tesla was started in 2003 and has lost billions so far, with no end in sight after 13 years of experience

Microsoft was started in 1975, by 1988 they'd earned Revenues: of $590,827,000 and had 2,793 Employees: The exceeded $1 Billion 2 years later.
microsoft's timeline from 1975 - 1990

Microsoft was a business started by Bill Gates, without billions from the government, without government research, not using stuff that was made from someone else like electric motors and batteries.

Bill Gates invented something and made billions, Elon Musk invented nothing, and is still losing billions.

Elon Musk is a parasite, literally.

Tesla was started in 2003 and has lost billions so far, with no end in sight after 13 years of experience

Microsoft was started in 1975, by 1988 they'd earned Revenues: of $590,827,000 and had 2,793 Employees: The exceeded $1 Billion 2 years later.
Yet it was 2003 before the stock offered a dividend.

Microsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When Microsoft went public and launched its initial public offering (IPO) in 1986, the opening stock price was $21; after the trading day, the price closed at $27.75. As of July 2010, with the company's nine stock splits, any IPO shares would be multiplied by 288; if one was to buy the IPO today given the splits and other factors, it would cost about 9cents.[13]:235–236[91][92] The stock price peaked in 1999 at around $119 ($60.928 adjusting for splits).[93] The company began to offer a dividend on January 16, 2003, starting at eight cents per share for the fiscal year followed by a dividend of sixteen cents per share the subsequent year, switching from yearly to quarterly dividends in 2005 with eight cents a share per quarter and a special one-time payout of three dollars per share for the second quarter of the fiscal year.[93][94] Though the company had subsequent increases in dividend payouts, the price of Microsoft's stock remained steady for years.[94][95]

Microsoft was a business started by Bill Gates, without billions from the government, without government research, not using stuff that was made from someone else like electric motors and batteries.

Bill Gates invented something and made billions, Elon Musk invented nothing, and is still losing billions.

Elon Musk is a parasite, literally.
Poor Elektra of the twisted tits.

Tesla is profitable and the market doesn’t care

tesla-motors-quarterly-results-sales-profit_chartbuilder-1.png

While those are losses, they are not billion dollar losses, and I suspect that by 2020, Tesla will be making substancial profits on it's automobiles and even more on it's battery factory. And you will still have your tits twisted.

Thanks Old Crock, what some may not know, whenever Old Crock links, Old Crock's link proves Old Crock is the biggest idiot God ever created. It is amazing that Old Crock can even post, given his fails when linking.

Can I use your link, Old Crock? Old Crock, everything you call me, you wear, your insults are laughable, given the stupidity you post! Poor Old Crock, shriveled Old Man obviously thinking with his appendage that aint worked since they discovered plate tectonics.

Tesla is profitable and the market doesn’t care
Actually, using generally accepted accounting principles, it lost $49.8 million, or $0.40 per share, in the quarter that ended in March. A similar thing happened a year ago, when the company posted a surprising profit, if you exclude certain items.

Tesla’s quarterly revenue was $618 million, which was weaker than expected (consensus expectations were for $688 million according FactSet). Investors seem more worried about the sales miss than the bottom line. The stock has fallen by about 6% in after hours trading.

When Microsoft went public and launched its initial public offering (IPO) in 1986, the opening stock price was $21; after the trading day, the price closed at $27.75. As of July 2010, with the company's nine stock splits, any IPO shares would be multiplied by 288; if one was to buy the IPO today given the splits and other factors, it would cost about 9cents.[13]:235–236[91][92] The stock price peaked in 1999 at around $119 ($60.928 adjusting for splits).[93] The company began to offer a dividend on January 16, 2003, starting at eight cents per share for the fiscal year followed by a dividend of sixteen cents per share the subsequent year, switching from yearly to quarterly dividends in 2005 with eight cents a share per quarter and a special one-time payout of three dollars per share for the second quarter of the fiscal year.[93][94] Though the company had subsequent increases in dividend payouts, the price of Microsoft's stock remained steady for years.[94][95]

Why the non sequitur.? Who cares about their dividend? Unlike Tesla, Microsoft was profitable from the start. If Tesla has a dividend based on "earnings" - you'd be writing them a check every quarter. :lol:

I will say that Elon Musk is a genius, he's become a billionaire by milking government subsidies.

The bottom line is simple- Tesla has lost billions so far, and after 13 years they are still losing money..

Last edited:
You are such a lying little bitch, Elektra.

Where to Buy a Tesla - and Where Tesla Sales Are Banned

Where Tesla Sales Are Banned
KYLE ANDERSON, Associate Editor, Money Morning • @KyleAndersonMM • March 18, 2014

Electric car enthusiasts wondering where to buy a Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq:TSLA) Model S sedan can cross another state off their list of locations.

The state of New Jersey announced last week that automakers will no longer be allowed to sell vehicles directly to customers. That brings the list of states that have banned direct Tesla sales to five: Arizona, Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, and Virginia.

a process that Tesla refuses to accept. Tesla has always sold its Model S sedans directly to consumers and has no plans to change that sales model.

Tesla still operates "galleries" in each of those states. At a Tesla gallery, customers are able to view Model S sedans and are referred to the company's website, where they can purchase a vehicle online. Gallery employees are unable to answer pricing or purchasing questions from customers.

Currently, the automaker can perform direct sales at its stores and galleries in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Washington, D.C.

Of course, someone as stupid as you would think that paying the extra cost of a dealership on a new car is a good thing.
So they never need service, cooter's garage isn't up to that job?

Why the non sequitur.? Who cares about their dividend? Unlike Tesla, Microsoft was profitable from the start. If Tesla has a dividend based on "earnings" - you'd be writing them a check every quarter. :lol:

I will say that Elon Musk is a genius, he's become a billionaire by milking government subsidies.

The bottom line is simple- Tesla has lost billions so far, and after 13 years they are still losing money..
He became a billionaire developing Paypal. As you well know, but that doesn't fit your political slant, so you lie about where Musk made his fortune.

Elon Musk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elon Reeve Musk (/ˈiːlɒn ˈmʌsk/; born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born Canadian-American business magnate, engineer, and investor.[10][11][12][13][14][15]

He is the founder, CEO and CTO of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO and product architect of Tesla Motors; chairman of SolarCity, co-chairman of OpenAI; co-founder of Zip2; and co-founder of PayPal.[16][17][18] As of April 2016, he has an estimated net worth of US$12.3 billion, making him the 68th wealthiest person in the US.[19]

Musk has stated that the goals of SolarCity, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX revolve around his vision to change the world and humanity.[20] His goals include reducing global warming through sustainable energy production and consumption, and reducing the "risk of human extinction" by "making life multiplanetary"[21][22] by setting up a human colony on Mars.

He has envisioned a high-speed transportation system known as the Hyperloop, and has proposed a VTOL supersonic jet aircraft with electric fan propulsion, known as the Musk electric jet.[23][24]

Tesla Reliability Doesn’t Match Its High Performance

Tesla Motors’ all-electric Model S sedan got high marks in Consumer Reports’ 50-plus tests involving driving dynamics and livability, and it consumed energy at the electric equivalent of 84 miles per gallon (87 MPGe in the P85D trim). It’s the best-performing car we’ve ever tested.

But its predicted reliability is another matter.

As part of our Annual Auto Reliability Survey, we received about 1,400 survey responses from Model S owners who chronicled an array of detailed and complicated maladies. From that data we forecast that owning that Tesla is likely to involve a worse-than-average overall problem rate. That’s a step down from last year’s “average” prediction for the Model S. It also means the Model S does not receive Consumer Reports’ recommended designation. (To be recommended, a vehicle has to meet stringent testing, reliability, and safety standards, including having average or better predicted reliability.)

The main problem areas involved the drivetrain, power equipment, charging equipment, giant iPad-like center console, and body and sunroof squeaks, rattles, and leaks.

Specific areas that scored worse on the 2015 model, compared with the 2014 model in last year’s survey, were the climate control, steering, and suspension systems. Complaints about the drive system have also increased as the cars have aged—specifically for the 2013 model, which was the car’s first full model year. (See more details on the Tesla Model S model page.)

But those problems mostly still fall under Tesla’s four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty (and eight-year/unlimited mileage battery and drivetrain warranty), so they are generally being corrected at no cost to owners.

Yes, problems that Tesla will have to address. And I am sure that they will address them. Thus far, Tesla's customer relations seem to exemplary.

He became a billionaire developing Paypal. As you well know, but that doesn't fit your political slant, so you lie about where Musk made his fortune.

Elon Musk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elon Reeve Musk (/ˈiːlɒn ˈmʌsk/; born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born Canadian-American business magnate, engineer, and investor.[10][11][12][13][14][15]

He is the founder, CEO and CTO of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO and product architect of Tesla Motors; chairman of SolarCity, co-chairman of OpenAI; co-founder of Zip2; and co-founder of PayPal.[16][17][18] As of April 2016, he has an estimated net worth of US$12.3 billion, making him the 68th wealthiest person in the US.[19]

Musk has stated that the goals of SolarCity, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX revolve around his vision to change the world and humanity.[20] His goals include reducing global warming through sustainable energy production and consumption, and reducing the "risk of human extinction" by "making life multiplanetary"[21][22] by setting up a human colony on Mars.

He has envisioned a high-speed transportation system known as the Hyperloop, and has proposed a VTOL supersonic jet aircraft with electric fan propulsion, known as the Musk electric jet.[23][24]

He didn't make a billion from Paypal Old Crock, he made $180 million.

He made his billions from Uncle Sam and the US taxpayer. He invested in Tesla, Solar City and Space-X. All three of those companies are dependent upon federal and state GOVERNMENT for their existence and none are profitable. Yet, he's a billionaire.

At least do a basic bit of research before you start gabbling....:rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back