Tell us your Miraculous story??

During the Persian Gulf War, we were sitting in positions just outside Jalibah Airbase in Iraq waiting for a dawn attack. We had been taking artillery fire off and on all during the night and sometimes you could even hear the shrapnel banging off the side of the track. I was the track commander and hadn't slept in over 48 hours, so while our artillery was pounding the base, I laid on top of a pile of TOW missiles in the back of our track and drifted off to sleep (of course, I set up a rotating guard schedule first). I was scared, dead tired and eager to get this phase over with. While sleeping, I had a dream and in that dream, my wife's mother (whom didn't speak English) told me in the dream for me not to worry, that I would be okay. I thought that was strange. Why not my mother? Well, the attack went off without a hitch (the vehicle next to us - about 100 meters off - was hit, but we were okay!). About three weeks later, once we got back to Dahran and was getting ready to head back to Ft. Stewart, I finally got to a phone where I could call my wife. When I reached her, she told me that her mother had died. I asked when, and it turns out that it was the same time that I had had my dream.

freeandfun1 said:
During the Persian Gulf War, we were sitting in positions just outside Jalibah Airbase in Iraq waiting for a dawn attack. We had been taking artillery fire off and on all during the night and sometimes you could even hear the shrapnel banging off the side of the track. I was the track commander and hadn't slept in over 48 hours, so while our artillery was pounding the base, I laid on top of a pile of TOW missiles in the back of our track and drifted off to sleep (of course, I set up a rotating guard schedule first). I was scared, dead tired and eager to get this phase over with. While sleeping, I had a dream and in that dream, my wife's mother (whom didn't speak English) told me in the dream for me not to worry, that I would be okay. I thought that was strange. Why not my mother? Well, the attack went off without a hitch (the vehicle next to us - about 100 meters off - was hit, but we were okay!). About three weeks later, once we got back to Dahran and was getting ready to head back to Ft. Stewart, I finally got to a phone where I could call my wife. When I reached her, she told me that her mother had died. I asked when, and it turns out that it was the same time that I had had my dream.

I've had dreams like that myself when people have died, although not as clear as yours.

At the asylum center I once volunteered at in Miami, there was a Haitian man named Gerard who'd had the tendons in his legs cut out by thugs who were not pleased with him trying to start a neighborhood watch, as well as working for the American aid group that was building a new church and hospice in the town. He was supposed to never walk again because of how his legs had become infected and useless, but one day a priest from El Salvador (who'd long ago fled that nation because government death squads targeted him) prayed with him. They prayed for what seemed like the entire morning. The next day, everyone at the center was excited... Gerard was walking again!

At the same center, one of the resident nurses, a woman from Chile (who had been gangraped by government security forces in 1980 at the age of 10) who'd been told it was medically impossible for her to have a child (because of the damage caused to her tiny womb by the repeated rape) year after year suddenly became pregnant. She had a healthy baby daughter 8 and a half months later, nearly 24 years after she'd supposedly become infertile. I remember this fondly because I recieved a picture of the baby in boot camp and my RDC (Recruit Division Commander) ordered me to cry like a baby or do 100 push-ups, so I chose the push-ups being a proud dumbass.

no1tovote4 said:
Very possible, I did say the story was unclear. Split second decisions are often not conscience decisions by their very nature. Hey I am glad I am alive though..

I honestly believe in guardian angels that help us make split second decisions like that.
I always try and remember to say a quick thank you to them :halo:

NATO AIR said:
At the asylum center I once volunteered at in Miami, there was a Haitian man named Gerard who'd had the tendons in his legs cut out by thugs who were not pleased with him trying to start a neighborhood watch, as well as working for the American aid group that was building a new church and hospice in the town. He was supposed to never walk again because of how his legs had become infected and useless, but one day a priest from El Salvador (who'd long ago fled that nation because government death squads targeted him) prayed with him. They prayed for what seemed like the entire morning. The next day, everyone at the center was excited... Gerard was walking again!

At the same center, one of the resident nurses, a woman from Chile (who had been gangraped by government security forces in 1980 at the age of 10) who'd been told it was medically impossible for her to have a child (because of the damage caused to her tiny womb by the repeated rape) year after year suddenly became pregnant. She had a healthy baby daughter 8 and a half months later, nearly 24 years after she'd supposedly become infertile. I remember this fondly because I recieved a picture of the baby in boot camp and my RDC (Recruit Division Commander) ordered me to cry like a baby or do 100 push-ups, so I chose the push-ups being a proud dumbass.

I would have just told him I had something in my eye.

:cry:

Said1 said:
I've had dreams like that myself when people have died, although not as clear as yours.

So have I.........when I was a kid I had a dream that I saw an old lady dressed in a victorian gown purple with a while lace collar. I had never seen her before, but she was telling me in the dream to never be afraid of death as it is not real death 0nly a step to another life. Turns out she was my great grandmother, and that was the dress she was buried in. My famliy had an old photo that they showed me after I had the dream and it was the exact same woman I saw in my dream.

Bonnie said:
So have I.........when I was a kid I had a dream that I saw an old lady dressed in a victorian gown purple with a while lace collar. I had never seen her before, but she was telling me in the dream to never be afraid of death as it is not real death 0nly a step to another life. Turns out she was my great grandmother, and that was the dress she was buried in. My famliy had an old photo that they showed me after I had the dream and it was the exact same woman I saw in my dream.

I have dreams like that about the living. I have a dream telling me that I need to call somebody, invariably they need help or a good listening ear when I do.

Wow Darin, I used to have night terrors as a kid, I finally put rosary beads and a cross in bed with me and they stopped completely.......Boy those were scary as hell though, I hated the idea of being paralyzed :shocked:

NATO AIR said:

Those are agreat stories!!!!! People think God only worked miracles when he walked the earth, but I think he has been doing this all along and we sort of don't really see it that way!

After flying an EMS (Medevac) helicopter for a year...I have a few. I don't know if you'd call em miracles or intervention.
If a few of you have any interest I'll type one up...lots of typing time for a hunt an peck person like me...

Mr. P said:
After flying an EMS (Medevac) helicopter for a year...I have a few. I don't know if you'd call em miracles or intervention.
If a few of you have any interest I'll type one up...lots of typing time for a hunt an pick person like me...

Peck away. Please.

Mr. P said:
If a few of you have any interest I'll type one up...lots of typing time for a hunt an pick person like me...

Id like to hear one!!

hay its not my story
or miracle
but its a story of a famouse man in his field
some people who are interrested in the acient Egyptian history
may know him
if that allaowed here is his story

PRESERVATION OF PHARAOH’S BODY

Dr. Maurice Bucaille is an eminent French surgeon, scientist, scholar and author of "The Bible, The Quran and Science" which contains the result of his research into the Judeo-Christian Revelation and the Quran. It is a unique contribution in the field of religion and science.

Being an outstanding Scientist, he was selected to treat the mummy of Merneptah (Pharaoh), which he did. During his visit to Saudi Arabia he was shown the verses of the Holy Quran in which Allah says that the dead body of the Pharaoh will be preserved as a "Sign" for posterity.

"So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.)." (The Quran, 10:92)

An impartial scientist like Dr. Bucaille, who (being also a Christian) was conversant with the Biblical version of Pharaoh's story as being drowned in pursuit of Prophet Moses. He was pleasantly surprised to learn that unknown to the world till only of late 20th century, the Holy Quran made definite prediction about the preservation of the body of that same Pharaoh of Moses' time. This led Dr. Bucaille to study the Holy Quran thoroughly after learning the Arabic language and accepted Islam as the truth.

The body of Pharaoh is now lying in a Cairo museum as an open miracle of the Holy Quran, for those who pay heed to the signs of Allah.

Source: Partially taken from "The Origin of Man", by Dr. Maurice Bucaille

http://www.islamcan.com/cgi-bin/increaseiman/htmlfiles/static/10686036243743.shtml

Mr. P said:
If a few of you have any interest I'll type one up...lots of typing time for a hunt an peck person like me...

a good friend of my uncles, bob bradstein (spelling) flew medivacs in nam in the mid seventys, had some very interesting stories...love to hear one of yours

manu1959 said:
a good friend of my uncles, bob bradstein (spelling) flew medivacs in nam in the mid seventys, had some very interesting stories...love to hear one of yours
I'm about half done...It's hard to relive.
But it goes with Bonnies' thread..so..
I'm working on it. The hardest part is putting it in words everyone can understand..

Not written well but he it is.......

This is a difficult night for me to relive. I was working with and EMS (medevac) company flying a twin engine
helicopter. The crew consisted of a Nurse, Paramedic and Pilot.

I was working the night shift, 7p-7am.
We received an alarm (a call) at about 10:30p to an MVA (Motor vehicle accident) scene about 45 miles away.
It was on a major highway between Athens, Georgia and Atlanta. It's a 4 lane divided highway with a large grass median but no controlled access.. Maybe you know the type, intersections along the way with stop signs only.

We were off the ground in less than the target 7 minutes and on the way...I programmed the GPS coordinates
for the scene and the Paramedic was attempting contact with the folks on the ground to receive the patient report, condition, age, sex and injuries. All standard procedure. He made contact and we were to pick up a 3 year old male. It always broke my heart to deal with kids...this one was worse, the report included the boys mother was killed in the accident. He however, didn't know that, he was unconscious. It's sad, and some people say sometimes the medical folks are hard uncaring callus people...believe me there not, really...it hurts, and it hurts a lot...so some just shut down some emotion, you have to...to survive.

Anyway, we arrive at the scene and I circle to evaluate the landing area...the best way in etc.
On the approach everyone is watching for wires....Helicopters don't do well with wires. We land on the highway without a problem, all traffic is stopped.

While the Nurse and Paramedic are attending to the child in the ambulance, I'm planning our takeoff. Using a very high powered light to look for wires, I find them everywhere ahead, so I decided the best thing to do was turn around and leave the way we came in, since we didn't see wires on our approach.

The Nurse and Paramedic return with the baby (I call all kids baby, cuz they are) secure the stretcher and we're off. We lift off and I turn the aircraft around to depart in the direction we approached and begin the takeoff...*From here on we're talking 5 seconds max*....I began the takeoff..looking in to the instruments, looking out in the darkness, moving forward and accelerating ...before I had the takeoff power set...I saw a flash ahead... a horizontal flash, bright silver. It was a wire..One of those large power line wires. And there was another above it!
At the same time the Paramedic shouted "Wire"! Then he started saying UP! UP! UP!....I had a thousand things running through my mind. I know there may be more wires above the two I see, but the ground is below!
I don't know if it was training, fate, luck, intervention or a miracle...I went down...something that's not what you should do really...but I did...and that bottom strand of power line flashed above me...and we were on the way to the hospital with the baby.....*END OF 5 seconds*

After unloading the child...and I was alone on the heliport...I inspected the aircraft.
I did find damage! A small cut, about 1/2 inch deep in the tail rotor blade about 4 inches from it's tip.

I know, your saying so what? Well...without explaining all the operations of helicopters to you...It's a BIG deal.
We missed disaster by 4 inches! We, were extremely lucky, even though we missed the BIG wires...We didn't hit the ground, when I went down instead of up. The tail rotor wasn't destroyed...we clipped a small phone line below the large power lines. and Hey...we didn't crash. Had that phone line been 4 inches lower at impact it line would have wrapped around the main rotor system and destroyed my ability to control the aircraft.we most likely would have crashed.

Now...was that a Miracle? Intervention? On whos' part? The baby, Nurse, Paramedic...Me? I don't know.

Bonnie said:
Let's keep this thread a positive one. If you have a story of a real life miracle that happened to you or someone you know I'd love to hear it.

If you don't believe in this that's okay, just don't spoil this thread by posting here..........Thanks

OK... I'm running kind of short on time, but I can't help but tell this since I saw this thread.

When I lived in Tampa, my wife (ex) and I got a Siamese kitten from a friend. It got a little older, so we took it to this local vet clinic and had it checked over, and got it's shot's. Well, the next day my wife called me at the base and said Jaz was really sick. So I took off early and hurried home. I found my cat in pretty bad shape. So we called the best damn animal hospital in all of Tampa, and they told us that some shots to pure bread cats, ESPECIALLY Siamese can be TOXIC. They recommended the faster we get her up there, the better her chances of recovery would be. So we rushed her up to the hospital. They took her in and said they'd do everything they could for her. We found out that she had a "blood parasite" caused by one of the shots the other clinic had given her, just as they'd suspected. As the days passed she got sicker, and sicker, and weaker. Her white blood cell count was over one hundred times what it should be normaly, fighting off the blood infection. On the seventh day we went to see her, the doctor said for my wife to go into the room with Jaz, and he wanted to talk to me. He told me that she had lost too much ground, that she was very, very weak, and they didn't expect her to last the night, and how did we want to dispose of her. With a huge lump in my throat, I made arrangements for her to be creamated. When I went into the room with my wife, she was holding Jaz and crying. Our little cat had her arm shaved, and she had an I.V. in it. I asked for Susan to hand her to me. As I took her, her head wobbled as she looked up at me, and she gave a feeble little meow as to say, "help me Paw, I don't feel so good". Tears welled up in my eyes and I cuddled her close to me. Then without even thinking, I looked up and began to pray... I said "Lord, this little girl has given us nothing but unconditional love and companionship, we love her to pieces, and she's really sick, Lord, please reach down and touch her, she really needs your help". We didn't want to leave that night, but we made ourselves go home. I reluctantly went to work the next day, and it wasn't too long before I got a phone call. It was the hospital. The vet started out by saying, "I just want to tell you now, that we don't know what happend", and I didn't know what he was getting at, but he then said, "your cat was up this morning meowing like crazy, she was hungry and ate like a horse". But then he said "what we don't understand, and more importantly, can't EXPLAIN, is the fact that her white blood cell count is NORMAL!!! He said the length of time it took to get as high as it did, it should have taken that long AT LEAST to go BACK DOWN. He said, "basically, THERE'S NOTHING WITH HER"! You can take her home. Then he said "but, I'd like to ask your permission to keep her one more day, just so we can watch her, because we don't undertand what's happened to her, and can't explain it either".

RIGHT THEN AND THERE, I KNEW MY PRAYER TO JESUS HAD BEEN ANSWERED.

But did I bother telling the doctor that? No. I knew he'd never believe it. But the thing is, I'd prayed to the Lord before to show me he was there, and that if he did, I'd never doubt him, and THAT is why I'm a Christian, and will never denounce my Lord God, Jesus Christ.

As I live and breathe, I swear to God this story is true.

Forum List

Back