Tell us about your favorite online radio station

I'm not sure what the "tune in" app is, but I recommend IHeartRadio. It will automatically detect your local stations, but you can also search by city and state, and find just about any station in the country.

I loves my internet radio. Been running constantly for two years or whatever time it's been since I got it. Some of my recurring favorites:

CBC Radio One
KCRW Eclectic Channel
Folk Radio UK
WFMU
Calm Radio -- various channels
TradCan

I'm not sure what the "tune in" app is, but I recommend IHeartRadio. It will automatically detect your local stations, but you can also search by city and state, and find just about any station in the country.

Listen to over 100,000 real radio stations and more than four million podcasts streaming from every continent. Explore and follow the best in sports, news, music and talk to create your personalized feed.

TuneIn Listen to Online Radio Music and Talk Stations

Can I get them on my rotary-dial phone?

Sure, why not? Just but a banana on the dial with the curve facing the top. You may need to stroke the banana from time to time, depending how far the station is. Give it a go!

A new addition to my cyberstable I discovered (on the air) while driving along the scenic New River in western VA:

WNRV "The Ridge"

Mostly bluegrass with occasional forays into oldtime. This is a real radio station, the kind with humans at the mic doing a community bulletin board. Not that overcompressed hyped preformatted corporate rock swill that occupies most of the dial.

BBC RADIO 4 is also pretty good. You can also listen to various RADIO 4 programs.
My favorites are:

BBC Radio 4 - Any Questions?

Topical discussion posing questions to a panel of political and media personalities.

BBC Radio 4 - Moral Maze

Combative, provocative and engaging live debate examining the moral issues behind one of the week's news stories.

You can listen live, or to the podcast via the tune-in app.

Forum List

Back