Tell Me Why Profiling is WRONG and a BAD Law Enforcement Policy???

I know the PC response, not all black people are criminals, not all Hispanics are illegals, not all Muslims are terrorists etc. and they have some legitimacy, but it's doesn't defute the fact that profiling is necessary.

For instances, ask any Chicago Cop, if he sees a car full of white kids near Humbolt Park, he pulls them over immediately, because they are on their way to purchase drugs or have purchased drugs.

I talked to a cop buddy of mine who works in a bad part of the city. Nearly all black. Whites get pulled over immediately (doesn't matter how many in the car). A car full of blacks gets pulled over, because in his experience, 9 out of 10 times, he finds things above weed possession.

Now take a black youth in a white neighborhood looking like a thug, why wouldn't a cop or NEIGHBORHOOD watch personal view this person as suspicious. They don't need to arrest him, but they could question him. Heck even a thuggish or drug addict looking white person should be questioned!

Profiling is done for serial killers. First thing they profile is a middle aged white guy and then go from there.

Sorry Muslims, but you are the majority of terrorists in the WORLD at the moment, you should be viewed with extra scrutiny in terrorist cases and vulnerable areas.

Profiling isn't without it's victims, but it's a necessary evil in protecting one's community and law enforcement!

If you are a conservative then you are such a hypocrite. You value the importance of protecting civil liberties for yourself, yet when it comes to minorities, profiling is acceptable.

Typical.

butthurt.png

Race aside, let's say your police department is in charge of policing two equally populated neighborhoods. One has a crime rate 5 times that of the other. Which one do you dedicate most of your recourses toward?

That has nothing to do with profiling individuals or groups.

If three people are walking down the street and a cop decides to stop just one of them because of skin color, style of dress etc with no reason then that is profiling.

My town doesn't even have a police department. There is little or no crime. We have 2 state troopers assigned to the town hall.

Now 100 miles south of me the crime rate is very high and there are more cops assigned to that area.

That is not profiling.

Excellent. What about age? Gender? If you hear gunshots from one gun and you see 5 people running away from a dead body and 4 of them are elderly who do you chase after? 4 of them are running out of fear, one is leaving the crime scene. Who do you choose and why?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.......

I believe that profiling leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

I believe that profiling occurs constantly in all segments of society and in all law enforcement jurisdictions.

I believe that profiling is merely part of the human condition.

I believe that all the legislation in the world cannot overcome the very human tendency to profile.

I believe that profiling is integral to and necessary for law enforcement.

The trick is, not to let 'profiling' become 'probable cause', at-law, or in our hearts.

We're still working on that 'trick'... and haven't managed to master it yet.

And, if we haven't managed to eliminate 'profiling' in the first few million years of our evolution, I seriously doubt that we're going to accomplish that on our watch, or those of our foreseeable descendants.

That has nothing to do with profiling individuals or groups.

If three people are walking down the street and a cop decides to stop just one of them because of skin color, style of dress etc with no reason then that is profiling.

My town doesn't even have a police department. There is little or no crime. We have 2 state troopers assigned to the town hall.

Now 100 miles south of me the crime rate is very high and there are more cops assigned to that area.

That is not profiling.

Excellent. What about age? Gender? If you hear gunshots from one gun and you see 5 people running away from a dead body and 4 of them are elderly who do you chase after? 4 of them are running out of fear, one is leaving the crime scene. Who do you choose and why?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.......

Every scenario is ifs and buts.

Two 7-Year-Old Boys, Two Dramatically Different News Stories (VIDEO)

Leontine G. sent in a troubling example of the framing of children’s deviance, and their own complicity in this framing. She included two links: one to a "Today" show story about a 7-year-old boy who took his family’s car on a joyride and got caught by police, and one to a CNN story about a 7-year-old boy who took his family’s car on a joyride and got caught by police. Different 7-year-olds. One white, one black.

There are two videos but I'll bet everyone here knows how this will go.

I know the PC response, not all black people are criminals, not all Hispanics are illegals, not all Muslims are terrorists etc. and they have some legitimacy, but it's doesn't defute the fact that profiling is necessary.

For instances, ask any Chicago Cop, if he sees a car full of white kids near Humbolt Park, he pulls them over immediately, because they are on their way to purchase drugs or have purchased drugs.

I talked to a cop buddy of mine who works in a bad part of the city. Nearly all black. Whites get pulled over immediately (doesn't matter how many in the car). A car full of blacks gets pulled over, because in his experience, 9 out of 10 times, he finds things above weed possession.

Now take a black youth in a white neighborhood looking like a thug, why wouldn't a cop or NEIGHBORHOOD watch personal view this person as suspicious. They don't need to arrest him, but they could question him. Heck even a thuggish or drug addict looking white person should be questioned!

Profiling is done for serial killers. First thing they profile is a middle aged white guy and then go from there.

Sorry Muslims, but you are the majority of terrorists in the WORLD at the moment, you should be viewed with extra scrutiny in terrorist cases and vulnerable areas.

Profiling isn't without it's victims, but it's a necessary evil in protecting one's community and law enforcement!

It's not a "PC" response..it's a Citizen response.

No American Citizen should be automatically suspected of criminal activity based on what they look like.

It's a violation of our civil liberties.

When people talk about institutional racism, this is a prime example of it.

Swallow's idiocy illustrates a big part of our cultural problems.

If you carry yourself like a slob, people will consider you a slob. If you drive around parks in a beat up van and stare at people's kids, they'll figure you for a pervert. If you walk around with long unkempt hair and a leather biker jacket they'll assume you're into dope. If you walk around with your britches around your knees people will assume you're a thug.

If I walk around in a black neighborhood after midnight, it's a good chance I'll be faced with either a mugging, or a dope peddler. It's also likely I would be stopped by a cop to see if I was looking for dope.

There is nothing wrong with how people react to you when you make the choice to have yourself percieved that way. If you want to work in a professional capacity, don't get tattoos on your face and hands. Perception is reality.

PeterEater, you as a gay man, should worry about this alot.

I mean I am sure you are not one of those glory hole fags, you probably keep it at home.

But you could be swishing your way down the street, and bam, a copper roughs you up cause he suspects you of sucking dick in a public place.

But then again..you might like that. Cops are mostly male.

I believe that profiling leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

I believe that profiling occurs constantly in all segments of society and in all law enforcement jurisdictions.

I believe that profiling is merely part of the human condition.

I believe that all the legislation in the world cannot overcome the very human tendency to profile.

I believe that profiling is integral to and necessary for law enforcement.

The trick is, not to let 'profiling' become 'probable cause', at-law, or in our hearts.

We're still working on that 'trick'... and haven't managed to master it yet.

And, if we haven't managed to eliminate 'profiling' in the first few million years of our evolution, I seriously doubt that we're going to accomplish that on our watch, or those of our foreseeable descendants.

It's funny how the bed wetters are selective in their outrage though.

"Profiling" is only a bad thing when one of the favored victim groups are effected.

Profiling war vets and tea party activists as potential domestic terrorists was completely acceptible though.

No American Citizen should be automatically suspected of criminal activity based on what they look like.

If you carry yourself like a slob, people will consider you a slob. If you drive around parks in a beat up van and stare at people's kids, they'll figure you for a pervert. If you walk around with long unkempt hair and a leather biker jacket they'll assume you're into dope. If you walk around with your britches around your knees people will assume you're a thug.

If I walk around in a black neighborhood after midnight, it's a good chance I'll be faced with either a mugging, or a dope peddler. It's also likely I would be stopped by a cop to see if I was looking for dope.

There is nothing wrong with how people react to you when you make the choice to have yourself percieved that way. If you want to work in a professional capacity, don't get tattoos on your face and hands. Perception is reality.

I mean I am sure you are not one of those glory hole fags, you probably keep it at home.

But you could be swishing your way down the street, and bam, a copper roughs you up cause he suspects you of sucking dick in a public place.

no intelligent response, eh?

guess the outcome?

Al, Jesse, Eric, Barack and Ben would be silent.

and the black guy's attorneys would play the race card

If the black guy had a broken nose and was bloodied I don't think it would be an issue.

Why add the nose and the blood? This guy pulled a Zimmerman and was found not guilty without the combination of the two. They verdict? Spot on! http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...white-and-zimmerman-was-black-the-answer.html

Another fine example of bed wetter hypocrisy.

Swallow professes hatred for gays, but do any of you other bed wetters condemn him for posts like these? There has been quite a few.

I think it's funny though, because it's argued that people who openly hate gays are covering up their own tendincies. They're sad self hating people aren't they?

guess the outcome?

And the black guy would be on a gurney with a priest reading him his last rites as a government appointed medical intern was shoving poison into his veins.

Why didn't that happen here >>>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...white-and-zimmerman-was-black-the-answer.html

no intelligent response, eh?

Have you ever seen anything remotely intelligent from swallow?

guess the outcome?

If the black guy had a broken nose and was bloodied I don't think it would be an issue.

Why add the nose and the blood? This guy pulled a Zimmerman and was found not guilty without the combination of the two. They verdict? Spot on! http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...white-and-zimmerman-was-black-the-answer.html

Zimmerman pulled his weapon AFTER he was assaulted.

If a black guy was assaulted and he shot his assailant there is no issue.

images.jpeg

In your defense it's assumed your retard switch is stuck on full.

Forum List

Back