Tell Me Stupid People

Sounds like another case of MWWS:
Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Missing white woman syndrome (MWWS) or missing pretty girl syndrome is a vernacular term for the disproportionately greater degree of coverage in television, radio, newspaper and magazine reporting of a misfortune, most often a missing person case, involving a young, attractive, white, upper-middle class woman or girl.[1] This degree of coverage is contrasted with cases concerning a missing male, or missing females of other ethnicities, socioeconomic classes or physical attractiveness

Has nothing to do with nothing except you want to play the race card.

The jury believed that it was accidental not intentional, but they did not have the option of convicting her of a negligent homicide.
I think she would have been found guilty had the jury had this option.
This whole thing wasn't done very well, from the police or to the court.

There were a couple on the jury who didn't want to be there and at least one who didn't feel he could judge someone. There was also one who told the judge he was going on a cruise on July 7.

She got herself a gift with those people on the jury, unfortunately for her family and Caylee.

I personally have never used the "duct tape/chloroform" time out with my children.

It appears we can't spank them, but we can duct them. Thanks moronic floridians.

Missing white woman syndrome (MWWS) or missing pretty girl syndrome is a vernacular term for the disproportionately greater degree of coverage in television, radio, newspaper and magazine reporting of a misfortune, most often a missing person case, involving a young, attractive, white, upper-middle class woman or girl.[1] This degree of coverage is contrasted with cases concerning a missing male, or missing females of other ethnicities, socioeconomic classes or physical attractiveness

Wonder how long it'll be b4 the next case of MWWS?

Wonder how long it'll be b4 the next case of MWWS?

rotf

just caught your sig line and my response is.....

Which Lo Pan? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall roadblock?

That is the part of the whole thing that seems to make the case what it has been. The fact that the baby girl was gone for that long and Cindy wanted answers kinda puts Cindy in a bit of a better light. However, I am leery of Cindy's methods as my limited experience has taught me just how powerful the head woman is within a home.

This case has opened many old wounds for me both as a daughter and as a mother. There are so many things that as young women we do without fully being aware of the consequences. It is obviously NOT just 'my life' as we are told to boast as we struggle to become independent.

How many millions of white woman in "this great nation" (Paylin-speak) have let this case run their lives for the last few months? :eusa_doh:

The system worked :)

Not for Caylee. She be dead.

That would have changed, how? With a guilty verdict?

This is a classic case of an over reaching prosecution.

They wanted the death penalty. They didn't have the case for it.

And quite frankly..the death penalty is far to over used in this country.

You keep saying that bullshit, but there were THREE options. No justice No justice and NO justice.

If women would mind their own business :eusa_whistle:
Brian Dickerson: Did Nancy Grace assure Tot Mom Casey Anthony’s acquittal? | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
No journalist did more to make Casey Anthony the poster girl for bad mothers everywhere, and even when what began as her own personal crusade grew into an international phenomenon, Grace remained at the center of the feeding frenzy, hurling bloody chunks of revelation and conjecture to an ever-growing audience of voyeurs, amateur sleuths, and deranged conspiracy theorists.
voyeurs.

If women would mind their own business :eusa_whistle:
Brian Dickerson: Did Nancy Grace assure Tot Mom Casey Anthony’s acquittal? | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
No journalist did more to make Casey Anthony the poster girl for bad mothers everywhere, and even when what began as her own personal crusade grew into an international phenomenon, Grace remained at the center of the feeding frenzy, hurling bloody chunks of revelation and conjecture to an ever-growing audience of voyeurs, amateur sleuths, and deranged conspiracy theorists.
voyeurs.

Really interesting angle to the case right there.

I love murder. And so I normally hang out in chat/discussion rooms that deal with unwanted death. That's an interesting take on Grace.

She appears to be vile.

One of the best cases I have ever witnessed being reported on was that of Randal Dooley by an amazing just stunningly amazing reporter called Christie Blatchford. I was heavily involved at the time with a Presa Canario incident which caused the death of Diane Whipple, but I would bring Blatch's latest writings about Randal to the SFChronicle board.

Christie's writing was so superb you could envision being in the courtroom or sadly being in the bathroom with Randal's brother who bathed him and dressed him after his parents killed him. And then he laid him down in his bed.

But Blatch didn't drive an agenda. She just reported on the crime, reported on the criminals (parents) involved and reported on the sad life of little Randal Dooley.

I wish there were more like her.

I was channel-surfing one day and saw her show for @ 30 seconds and quickly came to the conclusion that it was a show built @ gossip.

I was channel-surfing one day and saw her show for @ 30 seconds and quickly came to the conclusion that it was a show built @ gossip.

I'm in the middle of nowhere now with farmervision tv but if I remember her correctly she had gone from being a very balanced court room tv analyst to a hellacious sp? crazy whacko advocate for "hang em high"

Am I remembering the right person here?

Casey Anthony spent 31 days evading her mother's questions as to the where a bouts of the baby. Thirty one days. She told one lie right after another blowing smoke up her mom's ass. Her baby was gone! gone! gone! she didn't want her to be found cause she lied to her mom, lied to the police.. and you arrive at the decision that "the parents covered it up" Please explain how you arrived at that insane conclusion. We'll wait. :eusa_whistle::eusa_eh:

I was crawling around under the house fixing some ducts and getting spider webs in my face. What a delight. Took a shower and the prosecution was making its summation or closing argument. Whatever. I listened to most of it and thought, "Fry the bitch!"

Then the defense made their summation or closing staements or whatever and, if I was on the jury, I would have had to have voted not guilty.

The prosecution proved that the baby was dead and the mother was a liar and slut. They proved that the whole family was on a steady diet of koo-koo nuts. They even proved that the child was wearing clothes that were too small for her.

They neglected to prove the method of the murder if there was a murder, a connection of the mother to the method of murder if there was a method and to prove the connection of the mother to anything using physical evidence that might prove that she did it.

If women got the death penalty for being a liar and a slut, most of the women I dated in my youth would have been executed.

Something Mrs. Code pointed out was that the baby had plenty of pictures taken of her. In every one of them, she was clean, dressed nicely, had her hair done and was smiling.

Something I wondered about given the proximity of the baby's body to the home was why would they have "hidden" the body so close to home? Why not in Miami or the ocean or the Everglades?

Too many loose ends to convict. Unless there is something compelling that was held back, there was not enough proof to convict.

Not a moot point. There is something fishy about the Casey Anthony case. Since it is alleged parents helped with cover-up, does it not bother you that the prosecutor was not also after parents as accessories?

Not in the least because deals are cut all the time. I recall one, though, in TN where the prosecution cut a deal with the killer's father, then turned on him and convicted him as an accessory.

The jury believed that it was accidental not intentional, but they did not have the option of convicting her of a negligent homicide.
I think she would have been found guilty had the jury had this option.
This whole thing wasn't done very well, from the police or to the court.

They had the option of convicting her of any of the lesser includeds.

Was there an entomologist testifying? I brought this up earlier because this is one of the great sciences in being able to prove time of death.

But it seems many are gun shy now after the craziness of the Westerfield conviction.

Does anyone know if there was any entomologist involved in this case? And if not, why not?

And now, some of you just need to take something for your OCD, go to bed, and forget about it. There will be other murders for you to obsess about!

New Topics

Forum List

Back