Tell me how paranoid I am

What exactly has the government "taken over" with the health care plan? What "power" did they "grab"?

Oh, I don't know - how about "the power to tell me I have to buy health insurance"?

Ok, maybe we should try this again.

What does the government gain from forcing you to buy health insurance? Other than paying off their buddies in the Insurance business?

What does the government gain from forcing you to buy health insurance? Other than paying off their buddies in the Insurance business?

You're over-thinking it - or, maybe, you're putting the cart before the horse. Central government is overstepping its bounds; let's put the fire out first. We can get into the whys and wherefores after we've upheld the Constitution.

You're over-thinking it - or, maybe, you're putting the cart before the horse. Central government is overstepping its bounds; let's put the fire out first. We can get into the whys and wherefores after we've upheld the Constitution.

Man, put your money where your mouth is, lawyer up, and take its "Constitutionality" to Court. Balls up.

I'm not "over-thinking it", I'm staying on topic of the thread. Which, btw, is not the Healthcare bill.

Man, put your money where your mouth is, lawyer up, and take its "Constitutionality" to Court. Balls up.

You...don't see a problem here? You're OK with the federal government enjoying this kind of power over your personal decisions?

A government official starts talking about reeducation, and I am a propagandist.
Yep...you are misinterpreting what was said. I really don't think you are as stupid as you are pretending to be in this thread, but if you are, my apologies.

lol don't sell anyone short :lol:

Nah, we've butted heads a few times and QW's not dumb.

Occasionally deliberately obtuse maybe. ;)

A raging paranoid definitely. :razz:

But not stupid.

You...don't see a problem here? You're OK with the federal government enjoying this kind of power over your personal decisions?

I'm pointing out the obvious: if it was so Unconstitutional, then its opposition is either too puss to do anything about it in Court, too broke to do anything about it in Court, or wrong. As a principled person, you don't sit on message boards and call that standing up for your beliefs. What kind of men do that? Get out there, lawyer up. Put your money where your mouth is, like king of the dot.

I'm not "over-thinking it", I'm staying on topic of the thread. Which, btw, is not the Healthcare bill.

If so, I stand corrected and thank you kindly. But, if the thread topic is "reeducation" on the health bill, I should think the merits of the bill itself should be fair game - don't you?

G.T.'s right. If you see it as a problem, don't just sit around bitching about it. We have a process for challenging these things for a reason. Use it.

I'm sure there are all kinds of advocacy groups just foaming at the mouth for a named plaintiff to take it on, since it's such a no-brainer that it's completely unconstitutional. Go ahead, volunteer, take the plunge!

Because regardless of how many times the key provisions of health care reform have been explained in thousands of articles, on television, on the Internet, etc., even by your own lawmakers, and on this message board, there remain people out there who either still don't understand, or are so disinterested that they feign ignorance.

You're overlooking a third possibility - that thinking people have examined Obamacare closely enough to see it for what it is: a blatantly unconstitutional power grab by central government.

MaggieMae said:
So "reeducating" the public on the major provisions is necessary. It's a fucking no-brainer--as usual--and to imply something sinister only makes YOU look like an idiot.

Then, please - by all means - reeducate us, Maggie. You have two avenues of attack, as I see it:

A. Obamacare is NOT a blatantly unconstitutional power grab by central government, and

B. You say "blatantly unconstitutional power grab by central government" like it's a BAD thing.

Which of these two positions will you take the unenviable job of defending?

Why are you asking me to defend it? I don't like health care INSURANCE reform. I wanted universal health CARE. I simply answered the stupid question why is reeducation necessary? If people understand it and disagree with it, that's fine. But QW has got some idiotic Chinese brainwashing method fixed in his twisted brain over the use of the word "reeducation."

If so, I stand corrected and thank you kindly. But, if the thread topic is "reeducation" on the health bill, I should think the merits of the bill itself should be fair game - don't you?

The topic of this thread is, I guess, whether or not QW is paranoid.

More so, it's about what the Administration meant by "re-education".

There are plenty of threads arguing about the Healthcare bill.

If it's unconstitutional then where are all of the tough-guy conservative freedom fighters taking it on in court and winning? Unconstitutional is a fun word to throw around, but when used it should at least have some fucking balls behind it. It's becoming a pretty cheapened expression.

Oddly, it's the mandated part that seems to be constitutionally challenged, but there is a clause in the bill that allows the states to opt out anyway. It's called the "Empowering States to be Innovative" amendment, authored by Ron Wyden which gives states the right to set up their own health care system -- with or without an individual mandate or, for that matter, with or without a public option -- provided that they can meet the coverage requirements of the bill. It's my understanding that several states have already executed a waiver to implement their own plans.

I'm pointing out the obvious: if it was so Unconstitutional, then its opposition is either too puss to do anything about it in Court, too broke to do anything about it in Court, or wrong. As a principled person, you don't sit on message boards and call that standing up for your beliefs. What kind of men do that? Get out there, lawyer up. Put your money where your mouth is, like king of the dot.

The wheels turn slowly, G.T. - you know this. I have to admit that I'm dismayed by what I'm perceiving as the flip attitude you display toward the issue - but you're certainly entitled to your views. As am I - and my view is that the more rational persons, even among the bill's supporters, are already thinking of Obamacare in the past tense.

The private sector has had over 30 years and done nothing but assure that costs keep rising.

The wheels turn slowly, G.T. - you know this. I have to admit that I'm dismayed by what I'm perceiving as the flip attitude you display toward the issue - but you're certainly entitled to your views. As am I - and my view is that the more rational persons, even among the bill's supporters, are already thinking of Obamacare in the past tense.

There's no chance in hell of the bill being overturned.

Insurance companies paid good money for that bill. They lined pockets on both sides of the aisle, and I'd put money that it'll never get repealed.

Last edited:

The only flip attitude is yours. What kind of patriot are you if you're not bringing something so blatantly unconstitutional to court? You're just going to talk about it here? Talk about a flip attitude, whatever that even means.

Well it looks like Republicans will take the House, which controls the money, so a lot of the funding to get the system in place will be tabled. C'est la vie. Back to Square One.

There's no chance in hell of the bill being overturned.

Insurance companies paid good money for that bill. They lined pockets on both sides of the aisle, and I'd put money that it'll never get repealed.

Unfortunately, you're right.

Forum List

Back