Tell me again why we give US taxpayer money to N Korea

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
Didn't we just agree to a handout a few weeks ago? Wasn't the idea that they would play nice if we help to feed their people?

So, we pile more debt on our children to hand over taxpayer money to communists. How's that working out?
Flights rerouted to avoid N Korea rocket | News24

I say end all foreign aid now. If you personally want to support N Koreans or their dear leader, write a frickin' check.

Didn't we just agree to a handout a few weeks ago? Wasn't the idea that they would play nice if we help to feed their people?

So, we pile more debt on our children to hand over taxpayer money to communists. How's that working out?

I say end all foreign aid now. If you personally want to support N Koreans or their dear leader, write a frickin' check.

Do me a favor, and calculate the difference between what it cost us in aid to feed the people of NK, versus what it cost us to invade, destroy and rebuild Iraq. Not to mention the thousands of US lives lost in the process, and the countless civilian Iraqi lives lost. I would like to see that figure.

Do me a favor, and calculate the difference between what it cost us in aid to feed the people of NK, versus what it cost us to invade, destroy and rebuild Iraq. Not to mention the thousands of US lives lost in the process, and the countless civilian Iraqi lives lost. I would like to see that figure.

Hundreds of millions vs. trillions.

Just because one course of action is cheaper than another does not mean it's a wise choice. Just as the most expensive course of action is not necessarily the best choice.

So our only choices are hand over money or invade and destroy? I do not agree with that.

But let's go with your logic for a moment. How exactly does handing over taxpayer money to N Korea prevent the need for an invasion? State differently, what positive effect has our money bought us?

Iraq being a stupid move by gov't doesn't make a less expensive stupid move not stupid.

There is no excuse for it. The only reason we give aid to any gov't or country is to try to make them as "puppet-like" as possible. Does no good for the american citizen, might do some good for fascist american politicians and bureacrats.

So, NO ONE has the cost estimates? Really?

And as to the analogy, we give humanitarian aid because we are supposed to be a humanitarian country and God fearing at that. Giving aid to the innocent people of NK has nothing to do with NK's intention to launch a satellite, IMHO. If you feel differently, please explain.

How about I calculate the cost of doing neither?

And as to the analogy, we give humanitarian aid because we are supposed to be a humanitarian country and God fearing at that. Giving aid to the innocent people of NK has nothing to do with NK's intention to launch a satellite, IMHO. If you feel differently, please explain.

Please provide proof that money given to the North Korean gov't will end up in the hands of the people.

By in their hands I mean food, clothing, aid, etc, not an AK they'll be marching with in the army.

Please provide proof that money given to the North Korean gov't will end up in the hands of the people.

By in their hands I mean food, clothing, aid, etc, not an AK they'll be marching with in the army.

Just as soon as someone provides proof of where the $6B that Bush gave Pakistan went. Hell, they were hiding Bin Laden until just recently!

The comparison is silly because it's not an either/or situation.

And yes, I feel differently. First, if we are a humanitarian country as you claim, then certainly our citizens will have no problem sending THEIR money to N Korea. Sending other people's money? Not the same thing. Not even close.

Secondly, the people of N Korea are not "innocent". They're communists. Ignorant, sure, but hardly innocent. This is true of all central planners by the way. Personally, when the people of N Korea muster the balls to overthrow their dear leader, I'll be the first one to send aid...or a rifle. Until then, let them prove to the world just how wonderful their worker's paradise is.

Lastly, justify spending money on N Korea with this staring us in the face:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

How will you be paying your share? Cash or check?

Just as soon as someone provides proof of where the $6B that Bush gave Pakistan went. Hell, they were hiding Bin Laden until just recently!

Red herring alert!

Did you miss the part about standing against all foreign aid?

Why is that important? I don't care if the $6 billion was used to build a new airport, give food to the gov't, or drop butterflies on every kids finger. I'd be against it for any use. It's Americans money, not Pakistanis.

It takes an incredible leap of faith to blindly assume the billions of american taxpayer dollars will be distributed by the North Korean gov't in a loving and humanitarian way.

And yes, I feel differently. First, if we are a humanitarian country as you claim, then certainly our citizens will have no problem sending THEIR money to N Korea. Sending other people's money? Not the same thing. Not even close.

Secondly, the people of N Korea are not "innocent". They're communists. Ignorant, sure, but hardly innocent. This is true of all central planners by the way. Personally, when the people of N Korea muster the balls to overthrow their dear leader, I'll be the first one to send aid...or a rifle. Until then, let them prove to the world just how wonderful their worker's paradise is.

I disagree with this. The people of North Korea are surely victims of a horrible government. I don't care whether they think communism is a good idea or not.

Oh I know.

Every time we give them aid they turn around and flip us the bird...

We told them again one of the conditions of our aid is that they not be aggressive - what the fuck do they do??? they turn around and start shooting missiles every which way.

As usual democrats are gullible fucks...

Too bad North Koreans are too brainwashed to revolt and start a revolution...

Giving money to the totalitarian dictator of a country ≠ giving aid to the innocent people of that country. It's just naïve to think otherwise.

(And robbing from one group of people to pay another is hardly humanitarian, but that's a whole other debate.)

Last edited:

I disagree with this. The people of North Korea are surely victims of a horrible government. I don't care whether they think communism is a good idea or not.

You make a good point. Perhaps I was too harsh. I'd like to think the people in N Korea would choose another path but as the years go on without a revolution, I wonder. Perhaps they're just too brainwashed to think for themselves...and that is sad.

That said, I would argue giving them money only prolongs their situation...like giving a junkie just one more fix. Either way, Americans are free to send their own money.

Forum List

Back