Tell me again why Barack Obama has been such a bad president

he fixed the failing economy....ended the war....provided health care for all ... increased taxes .... reduced the deficit .... caused the world to love us again and united the country rather than divided it....

no wait...oh well....

Yeh, right! heh heh heh!

"did he not have a majority in the house and senate for two years ...."

You need 60 votes to block filibusters in the Senate-or A-hole Pubs block it...welcome to the Un-American (TIME) Pub age...that includes 10+ jobs bills, several Pub kinds they refuse to pass ANYTHING since 1/2010. THE THEME OF USA POLITICS since then...total paralysis in a near DEPRESSION- YOUR BOYS! Un-American SWINE...no exageration...and it's treated like a secret by ALL corporate media...arrrrgghh.

that is odd pelosi was speaker for 4 years and harry ried still is .... if they didn't have a majority how did they get their folks as speaker....also you may want to look at the votes...dems voted against their own stuff...

my boys haven't been elected ever ...

Tell me again why Barack Obama has been such a bad president

Who knows why? Maybe because he is a Marxist at heart?

He DOES have another 14+ months to explain why to the American people...

You Think Obama

A Few Rebuttals

From the left: “He should have pushed for a much bigger stimulus in 2009.”

That’s the view of New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, now gospel among liberals. It’s true economically but bears no relationship to the political truth of that period. Consider that in December 2008, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, a hardcore liberal Democrat, proposed a $165 billion stimulus and said he would be ecstatic if it went to $300 billion. President- elect Obama wanted to go over $1 trillion but was told by House Democrats that it absolutely wouldn’t pass. In exchange for the votes of three Republicans in the Senate he needed for passage, Obama reduced the stimulus to $787 billion, which was still almost five times Rendell’s number and the largest amount that was politically possible.

From the right: “The stimulus and bailouts failed.”

When Obama took office, the economy was losing about 750,000 jobs a month and heading for another Great Depression. The recession ended (at least for a while) and we now are adding several thousand jobs a month -- anemic growth, but an awful lot better than the alternative. How did that happen? Luck?
Well fulfilled uh...one promise since in office. That being socialized medicine.

Wow so Obama got the peace prize but didn't deserve it Deserve it? No one said that. They asked why he got it... Maybe you can tell us.
He kills OBL and it was luck Seal team 6 killed OBL
He became a senator and didn't do anything Yes
He extended tax cuts because he had too No, Obama caved in so that he could run off "I will not extend the Bush era tax cuts... again" later because people like you believe him
He expanded Afganistan because...he's bad Yes, pointless, never ending wars are bad...
Won in Libya by luck..I thought it was NATO... We all knew it was Obama, just like we knew it was a war... Now just like the mess Iraq is we have to spend billions "fixing" the mess we made, awesome.

Notice a pattern? Repubs used to cream their panties from the thought of expanding Afganistan and killing OBL but now hey act like they never wanted those things.

I notice that you're a fucking war loving idiot who can't just admit Obama sucks when the list is huge and the economy is in the trash can almost 3 years later. Even Obama said before he was President that he would be held accountable, now he just blames everyone and everything else.

Is it that hard to check a few facts here and there?

How can you ask that and then make this response?

It’s Obama who promised to cut the deficit in half.
Deficits have been cut in half:
In CBO’s baseline, cumulative deficits total $3.5 trillion between 2012 and 2021, and by the end of 2021 debt held by the public equals $14.5 trillion, or 61 percent of GDP. That estimate of deficits over the next 10 years is considerably lower than the $6.7 trillion that the agency projected in March.​
How can you point to Obama increasing the deficit, and then claim that decreasing his planned rate of increase of the deficit is cutting the deficit in half.

In March of 2009 Obama promised to cut the deficit in half in 4 years. Specific numbers, specific timeline.Your claim that the deficit will decrease over the projected increase in 10 years is no where near to meeting that goal, even if I accepted that what Obama actually meant was that he would cut the rate of increase of the deficit.

It’s Obama who said if we passed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the health care cost curve would go down rather than up.
Since the passage of the ACA, Medicare cost growth has fallen markedly. The past two years have in fact seen that curve beginning to bend downward.

6a00d8341d843653ef015390a2f7c7970b-pi

Why is the government telling me the opposite?

Medicare Actuary: Obamacare Will Triple the Growth Rate of Net Insurance Costs - Forbes

What makes this record doubly horrifying is rapid growth is the norm after particularly deep recessions — but under Obama, our recovery has been historically weak.
No, it isn't the norm after deep recessions caused by financial crises: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313270678&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly: Carmen M. Reinhart, Kenneth Rogoff[/ame]

That link only proves a book exists, it does not counter the assertion that recoveries are generally much faster than this one has been. It does look impressive if no one actually reads what the blurb says though, so I give you points for trying.

recovery-mnfed.jpg

NOT!

Reading more would be a good first step.

Yes it would, when do you plan to take it.

Last edited:
Wow so Obama got the peace prize but didn't deserve it
He kills OBL and it was luck
He became a senator and didn't do anything
He extended tax cuts because he had too
He expanded Afganistan because...he's bad
Won in Libya by luck..

Notice a pattern? Repubs used to cream their panties from the thought of expanding Afganistan and killing OBL but now hey act like they never wanted those things.

1: Torture still happening
2: Guantanamo still open
3: Illegal immigration still in the ten million +
4: Expanded Afghanistan
5:Lied that combat operation in Iraq were over yet we kill people and get killed there still with 45,000 troops still there.
6: Failed Stimulus that added dramatically to the deficit while producing a “float” period in the economy as predicted. Now that the money is gone the economy continues to tank but we are left with more debt to pay in the future.
7: Spent money bailing out with TARP
8: Expanded homeland security
9: Started a war in Libya and now comes the fun part of rebuilding the country, just like Iraq.
10: Started a war with Pakistan and we have killed many civilians
11: Finds a way to blame the Republicans for near everything, dividing the country
12: Obamacare, unconstitutional and killing jobs with it’s insane amount of uncertainty.

Here was my list again.

I think the fact a liberal like Alter has to try to claim Obama hasn't been a failure...

Just shows how much of a failure Obama has been.

If you think the Libs are circling the wagons now ....just wait till we get close to the election.
Madd Dogg Chris Mathews designated attack dog for the Democrat party in general and the President in particular will go absolutely bat shit the closer we get to the election.

Has anyone seen paid commercials done by Fox having the anchors of their shows presenting taped messages defending President Bush during his administration.I have seen
many taped comments by MSNBC Chris Mathews defending the President and attacking the GOP.This doesn't make sense to me.

You Think Obama

A Few Rebuttals

From the left: “He should have pushed for a much bigger stimulus in 2009.”

That’s the view of New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, now gospel among liberals. It’s true economically but bears no relationship to the political truth of that period. Consider that in December 2008, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, a hardcore liberal Democrat, proposed a $165 billion stimulus and said he would be ecstatic if it went to $300 billion. President- elect Obama wanted to go over $1 trillion but was told by House Democrats that it absolutely wouldn’t pass. In exchange for the votes of three Republicans in the Senate he needed for passage, Obama reduced the stimulus to $787 billion, which was still almost five times Rendell’s number and the largest amount that was politically possible.

From the right: “The stimulus and bailouts failed.”

When Obama took office, the economy was losing about 750,000 jobs a month and heading for another Great Depression. The recession ended (at least for a while) and we now are adding several thousand jobs a month -- anemic growth, but an awful lot better than the alternative. How did that happen? Luck?
Well fulfilled uh...one promise since in office. That being socialized medicine.

Do you really think he socialized medicine?

He really didn't. What he ended up doing was giving a hell of a big bonus the the Health Insurance Industry and screwed the people of this country, but at least he didn't put our health care under the control of bureaucrats... or did he?

Immie

by Peter Wehner
08.26.2011 - 12:41 PM
Commentary

“Tell me again why Barack Obama has been such a bad president?” Jonathan Alter writes in his column.

Alter tells us he’s not talking here about Obama as a tactician and communicator, and he’s not interested in hearing ad hominem attacks or about people’s generalized “disappointment.” (Neither am I.) He wants to know on a substantive basis why Obama should be judged to have failed so far.

In Alter’s words, “Your mission, Jim [or anyone else for that matter], should you decide to accept it, is to be specific and rational, not vague and visceral.”

Consider the mission accepted.

In one sense, the answer to the Alter challenge is obvious: Obama has failed by his own standards. It’s the Obama administration, not the RNC, that said if his stimulus package was passed unemployment would not exceed 8 percent. It’s Obama who joked there weren’t as many “shovel-ready” jobs as he thought.

It’s Obama who promised to cut the deficit in half. It’s Obama who said if we passed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the health care cost curve would go down rather than up. It’s Obama who promised us recovery and prosperity, hope and change. What we’ve gotten instead is the opposite.

. . . And it is on the common ground of facts that we can declare–in a calm, specific, reasonable, rational and empirical manner–Obama to be an utter failure.

LINK

You Think Obama’s Been a Bad President? Prove It: Jonathan Alter

I'm so sick of that argument - so from now on, any advisor who makes an estimate about what's going to happen in the future thereby commits the President to it? And turns the Presidency into a failure if it doesn't happen?

I'm guessing it's the kind of rule that applies only so long as there's a Democrat in office.

The Iranians let the hostages go 20 minutes after Reagan's inauguration. In his apology, Reagan admits a deal was struck for weapons for hostages, just that it was not documented accurately. When did this deal occur? That's a neat trick..20 minutes?

The problem is, you keep conflating Reagan's statements about arms for hostages in LEBANON in 1986 with the hostages in IRAN in 1980. I'm not sure if pointing this out to you repeatedly does any good, because what you laughingly call a brain seems quite incapable of processing it.

Yes, the Iranians let the hostages go as a big F-U to Jimmy Carter, whom they had nothing but contempt for. (Then again, how can anything thinking being have anything but contempt for Jimmy Carter?)

Congress denied funds to the Contras. Reagan secretly funded the Contras anyway. That's a direct violation of the law and the Constitution.

Whole lot of problems with this statement-

1) No one ever proved that he knew about the diversion of funds to the Contras. Lawrence walsh tried for 7 years and 43 million and got nowhere.
2) Congress denied TAXPAYER funds to the contras, not proceeds from sales of weapons. Further, Congress never had a consistent policy as to what our aid to the Contras should be, nor was it an up or down vote. (It was an amendment called the Boland Amendment attached to a larger bill.)
3) The intelligence agencies are a part of the executive branch, and the president has wide discretion on using them. That's why Obama didn't consult with Congress when he killed Bin Laden. He didn't have to.

He also allowed the bombing and killing of over 200 marines to go unanswered

We bombed the shit out of Lebanon... I'd hardly call that "unanswered". The USS New Jersey dropped 16 inch shells into the Bekka valley.

and ramped up funding for the Muj..with the specific goal of pushing the Russians out of Afghanistan. The previous policy was harrassment only.

Well, that was stupid. Why would anyone fight to "harrass" the Soviets? They wanted them the fuck out of their country, and that was a noble goal. Carter was the one who started that, and Reagan just finished the job.

Seriously, the Mujahadin just wanted these invaders out of their country. Why is that bad again?

Reagan's economy saw the bailout of the Bond industry and Banking industry..most notably Silverado..who executive board included Neil Bush (Son of George HW Bush). Silverado was one of the biggest bank bailouts in history.

Yes it was. That's also the law, guy. That's what "Federally insured" means, guy. Otherwise no one would put their money IN banks. They stuff it into their mattresses.

Reagan doubled the debt and deficit.
Most of that was baked into the pie before he got there... Besides, I though you guys like deficits now...

One of the worst presidents in history.

History won't be naming airports and aircraft carriers after The Hussein...

President Obama has not at all be a failure.

If he were a Republican every Republican would be wildly cheering his success and pushing to name all sorts of buildings and structures after him.

Ronald Reagan was not only one of the worst presidents in the history of America..he was one of the biggest criminals. He really did commit treason. He really did violate the constitution. He really did break the law. He really did do massive damage to the economy. Yet conservatives hold this man up in the same reverence as the founders of the United States.

It's really quite shocking.

Oh please.

Republicans were more than ready willing and able to criticize President Bush (albeit not nearly as vociferously and in as unprincipled a manner as the liberals and the Democratics).

If President Obama were a Republican, he'd be pointed to as EXACTLY why the GOP is in such disarray and why the Tea Party movement was so urgently needed.

I have given the President some props on occasion when I thought he deserved them. But the fact remains, he is a nearly unmitigated failure.

Yes. Fact.

Pick a topic.

Border security:

What has he "accomplished?" In a word, to be succinct yet accurate, NOTHING.

National Security:

Not much, BUT still that has been one of his more pronounced areas of actual leadership. He gets HUGE props for having the gumption to authorize the violation of Pakistan's sovereignty to GET Osama. (The right move still deserves credit when it requires showing some backbone!)

The economy:

Our unemployment numbers are atrocious DESPITE all the CRAP he sought (and largely got) to "stimulate" the economy.

Heath Care:

Disaster. Obamacare (the right name for the program) damaged medicare and medicaid but has done NOTHING AT ALL to improve the delivery of "health care" of the development of new or improved medicines. It wasn't even DESIGNED to DO a damn thing by this time. It's sole objective for the time being is to raise taxes. Oh, yeah. THAT it does.

CLOSING Gitmo:

It was a shitty notion. I'm glad he has been a flop at it. BUT, even so, it was something HE chose to commit to. Gitmo aint closed.

COURT TRIALS for accused Jihadist detainees in the United States of America:

Another of his (and the AG's) idiotic positions. He has had to back-peddle like a son of a bitch on it. Good. He was wrong. His notion was a massive failure and SHOULD be flatly reversed. But it is yet another example of him promising one thing and delivering either something else or nothing at all.

Immigration reform:

Nothing EXCEPT for an EXECUTIVE pronouncement on how NOT to enforce the laws using "prosecutorial discretion" as the paper thin veil by which his real policy is revealed: PANDER to those who ignorantly and stupidly maintain that those here unlawfully should be permitted to stay. Fuck our right as a sovereign nation to determine our immigration policies.

With the exceptions (arguably) of going and fighting in Afghanistan and going after and GETTING Osama bin Laden, the "question" is actually better put the other way around. How has President Obama NOT been a failure? What is the standard? What is the measurement that "tells" ANYBODY that President Obama has not been a fucking flop?

The problem is, you keep conflating Reagan's statements about arms for hostages in LEBANON in 1986 with the hostages in IRAN in 1980. I'm not sure if pointing this out to you repeatedly does any good, because what you laughingly call a brain seems quite incapable of processing it.

Yes, the Iranians let the hostages go as a big F-U to Jimmy Carter, whom they had nothing but contempt for. (Then again, how can anything thinking being have anything but contempt for Jimmy Carter?)

Whole lot of problems with this statement-

1) No one ever proved that he knew about the diversion of funds to the Contras. Lawrence walsh tried for 7 years and 43 million and got nowhere.
2) Congress denied TAXPAYER funds to the contras, not proceeds from sales of weapons. Further, Congress never had a consistent policy as to what our aid to the Contras should be, nor was it an up or down vote. (It was an amendment called the Boland Amendment attached to a larger bill.)
3) The intelligence agencies are a part of the executive branch, and the president has wide discretion on using them. That's why Obama didn't consult with Congress when he killed Bin Laden. He didn't have to.

We bombed the shit out of Lebanon... I'd hardly call that "unanswered". The USS New Jersey dropped 16 inch shells into the Bekka valley.

Well, that was stupid. Why would anyone fight to "harrass" the Soviets? They wanted them the fuck out of their country, and that was a noble goal. Carter was the one who started that, and Reagan just finished the job.

Seriously, the Mujahadin just wanted these invaders out of their country. Why is that bad again?

Yes it was. That's also the law, guy. That's what "Federally insured" means, guy. Otherwise no one would put their money IN banks. They stuff it into their mattresses.

Most of that was baked into the pie before he got there... Besides, I though you guys like deficits now...

History won't be naming airports and aircraft carriers after The Hussein
Laughable.

Seriously.

Reagan should have been removed from office. Democrats had no spine for it..so they let a lot of shit slide.

And then we get Cheney.

And still shit slides.

It's going to get worse with time.

Last edited:
President Obama has not at all be a failure.

If he were a Republican every Republican would be wildly cheering his success and pushing to name all sorts of buildings and structures after him.

Ronald Reagan was not only one of the worst presidents in the history of America..he was one of the biggest criminals. He really did commit treason. He really did violate the constitution. He really did break the law. He really did do massive damage to the economy. Yet conservatives hold this man up in the same reverence as the founders of the United States.

It's really quite shocking.

Oh please.

Republicans were more than ready willing and able to criticize President Bush (albeit not nearly as vociferously and in as unprincipled a manner as the liberals and the Democratics).

If President Obama were a Republican, he'd be pointed to as EXACTLY why the GOP is in such disarray and why the Tea Party movement was so urgently needed.

I have given the President some props on occasion when I thought he deserved them. But the fact remains, he is a nearly unmitigated failure.

Yes. Fact.

Pick a topic.

Border security:

What has he "accomplished?" In a word, to be succinct yet accurate, NOTHING.

National Security:

Not much, BUT still that has been one of his more pronounced areas of actual leadership. He gets HUGE props for having the gumption to authorize the violation of Pakistan's sovereignty to GET Osama. (The right move still deserves credit when it requires showing some backbone!)

The economy:

Our unemployment numbers are atrocious DESPITE all the CRAP he sought (and largely got) to "stimulate" the economy.

Heath Care:

Disaster. Obamacare (the right name for the program) damaged medicare and medicaid but has done NOTHING AT ALL to improve the delivery of "health care" of the development of new or improved medicines. It wasn't even DESIGNED to DO a damn thing by this time. It's sole objective for the time being is to raise taxes. Oh, yeah. THAT it does.

CLOSING Gitmo:

It was a shitty notion. I'm glad he has been a flop at it. BUT, even so, it was something HE chose to commit to. Gitmo aint closed.

COURT TRIALS for accused Jihadist detainees in the United States of America:

Another of his (and the AG's) idiotic positions. He has had to back-peddle like a son of a bitch on it. Good. He was wrong. His notion was a massive failure and SHOULD be flatly reversed. But it is yet another example of him promising one thing and delivering either something else or nothing at all.

Immigration reform:

Nothing EXCEPT for an EXECUTIVE pronouncement on how NOT to enforce the laws using "prosecutorial discretion" as the paper thin veil by which his real policy is revealed: PANDER to those who ignorantly and stupidly maintain that those here unlawfully should be permitted to stay. Fuck our right as a sovereign nation to determine our immigration policies.

With the exceptions (arguably) of going and fighting in Afghanistan and going after and GETTING Osama bin Laden, the "question" is actually better put the other way around. How has President Obama NOT been a failure? What is the standard? What is the measurement that "tells" ANYBODY that President Obama has not been a fucking flop?

Look if you are going to omit things like the Obama administration has been deporting illegals at a greater number then both previous administrations, he sent the national guard to our southwest border to buttress the border patrol, the stimulus has been used to plug holes in budgets (like in Texas) and save jobs (That and Obama's job creation numbers for 3 years in the private sector are better then Bush's 8 years) then there really isn't much to talk about..because we are living in 2 different realities.

Forum List

Back