Tell me again how the free market sucks

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
As you read this remember the mantra on the left that no corporation ever does anything good without the government stepping in to force their hand, and that none of them will ever do anything more than absolutely necessary to keep from getting into trouble.

With Sony’s investigation into the cyber attack that took down PlayStation Network still ongoing, the electronics giant has revealed some details about the “Welcome Back” package that all PSN users will soon be receiving. Among Sony’s gifts to woo you back to PSN: $1 million in identity theft insurance for one year. Free.

The Welcome Back package is also said to include a free month of PSN Plus to all users, at least one free game download from the PSN Store, and extensions on current subscriptions to make up for gamers’ lost play time.
But the insurance thing is undoubtedly the gift that’s raising the most eyebrows among gamers. The year-long insurance policy comes via a deal between Sony and AllClear ID, a company that offers both free and premium (paid-for) identity theft insurance. The very notion that every single use of PSN will get a free insurance policy that could extend all the way up to a cool million — should a user find themselves the victim of identity theft during that free year — is pretty staggering. I can’t even imagine what this deal must be costing Sony, even with a presumed “special deal” discount of some kind.

Sony Giving I.D. Theft Insurance to PSN Users | ForeverGeek

My guess is that, if the government got involved, Sony would have to extend the subscriptions and pay damages for any losses their customers sustained. That would take years, and not really help anyone that actually had their identity stolen.

Sony, totally on its own, is giving them all a free game, a free month of play, an extension of all subscriptions, and a $1,000,000 insurance policy.

If only the government would step up and fix this since Sony obviously will not be doing anything. :eusa_whistle:

It's called cover your ass in an attempt to stave off the lawsuits and to keep people from finding another mindless, yet more reliable, ways to piss away their money.

As you read this remember the mantra on the left that no corporation ever does anything good without the government stepping in to force their hand, and that none of them will ever do anything more than absolutely necessary to keep from getting into trouble.

With Sony’s investigation into the cyber attack that took down PlayStation Network still ongoing, the electronics giant has revealed some details about the “Welcome Back” package that all PSN users will soon be receiving. Among Sony’s gifts to woo you back to PSN: $1 million in identity theft insurance for one year. Free.

The Welcome Back package is also said to include a free month of PSN Plus to all users, at least one free game download from the PSN Store, and extensions on current subscriptions to make up for gamers’ lost play time.
But the insurance thing is undoubtedly the gift that’s raising the most eyebrows among gamers. The year-long insurance policy comes via a deal between Sony and AllClear ID, a company that offers both free and premium (paid-for) identity theft insurance. The very notion that every single use of PSN will get a free insurance policy that could extend all the way up to a cool million — should a user find themselves the victim of identity theft during that free year — is pretty staggering. I can’t even imagine what this deal must be costing Sony, even with a presumed “special deal” discount of some kind.

My guess is that, if the government got involved, Sony would have to extend the subscriptions and pay damages for any losses their customers sustained. That would take years, and not really help anyone that actually had their identity stolen.

Sony, totally on its own, is giving them all a free game, a free month of play, an extension of all subscriptions, and a $1,000,000 insurance policy.

If only the government would step up and fix this since Sony obviously will not be doing anything. :eusa_whistle:

Wow, is that customer service then ?

It's called cover your ass in an attempt to stave off the lawsuits and to keep people from finding another mindless, yet more reliable, ways to piss away their money.

Really?

Do you think any class action lawsuit they settled would have resulted in a deal anywhere near that good for the customers? Are you just upset because the lawyers won't be getting any money off this?

Wow, is that customer service then ?

That it is.

Yep. It's a good business decision.

But the OP showed no signs of being interested in intellectual honesty to begin with.

Really?

Do you think any class action lawsuit they settled would have resulted in a deal anywhere near that good for the customers? Are you just upset because the lawyers won't be getting any money off this?
:lol: Go ahead and believe Sony is altruistic.

What an idiot you are....:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back