Tell me about the optics on your .308 bolt guns

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
My Savage 10-FP needs a new scope. I'm hearing good reports from guys who've used the 10X fixed power Super Sniper scope on their .308 bolt guns:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-4305-231-super-sniper-10x42-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

I don't shoot this gun all that much so it's hard to justify spending $2500 on a US Optics.

I've also been meaning replace the polymer stock with a wooden one for the last 2 years (I'll glass bed it, of course). Can anyone recommend a vendor who sells wooden aftermarket stocks that will fit the Savage 10-FP? I'm leaning towards Boyd's.

I routinely outshoot guys with tricked-out Remington 700s so an upgrade isn't totally necessary, but once I get an idea in my head I'm going to go through with it.

Thanks dudes.

Ninja,
nah keep the Sav, great shooting guns don't come easy and if is that good out the box then thank your stars. as far as scopes for the .308 I will say that any of the MKIV scopes will do you good esp if you go with a etched milldot reticle. for a dif sort of scope you may want to look into EOtech's newest 308 holosight. it is a standard EO but is set up for the 308 with a bdc ret. worth looking into.

well you can get back in the game with a rem pss or big greens 40x just something to think about

Forum List

Back