Tell me about native American civilizations within North America

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Tell me about Native American civilizations within North America. I want to understand if there was any and how advance was it.

What did it bring to the world?

This is for the area that is the current United states. I'm bias on this issue, so I'm asking you to help me.

Last edited:
Evidence has recently come to light that suggests that peoples of European decent were roaming N. America long before mongoloid peoples crossed the Bering land bridge. It's thought that gatherers hunting wholly mammoths tracked their quarry across the Atlantic ice shelf and eventually settled in N. America. Though evidnce suggests that they were driven out by the mongoloids, who enjoyed superiour numbers.

Kennewick Man - Wikipedia

In any event, the pacification of native Americans was just another example of history repeating itself. Not entirely sure why the European settlers are always painted as the bad guys, seeing as exactly the same thing was happening - and had happened, for thousands of years - the world over.

Which TRIBES located in the continental US are you interested in learning about?

It isn't like there was only ONE culture, ya know?

Tell me about Native American civilizations within North America. I want to understand if there was any and how advance was it.

This is for the area that is the current United states. I'm bias on this issue, so I'm asking you to help me.

Are you really this fucking ignorant, you fucking moron?

Are you really this fucking ignorant, you fucking moron?

A bit harsh, but correct.

One thing that I can tell you is that many Indians do not consider themselves 'native Americans'. We are Indians.

The word "indian" isn't a native American word. It's a white man's word.

So is Native American, and it is not true. We have been called Indians for so long that it is just easier to accept it.

The correct description that American Indians accept is "American Indian", not just indian. If you were a true American Indian you would know this.

Pick up "1491" there were robust civilizations of tens of millions stretching from the Plains down into south America. Recent discoveries have unearthed massive irrigation fields in the Amazon. The people you call Indians were on the decline in the 15th century from smallpox and influenza pandemics as a result of contact pre Columbus

The word "indian" isn't a native American word. It's a white man's word.

So is Native American, and it is not true. We have been called Indians for so long that it is just easier to accept it.

The correct description that American Indians accept is "American Indian", not just indian. If you were a true American Indian you would know this.

Same difference. I was at a tribal ceremony in northern California last April and we were having a laugh about the native American expression. Everyone was saying 'We are Indians'. Do not recall anyone saying American Indian.

Same difference. I was at a tribal ceremony in northern California last April and we were having a laugh about the native American expression. Everyone was saying 'We are Indians'. Do not recall anyone saying American Indian.

No, it's not the same difference. Indians are what those in or from India are called.

The American Indians I know (which are many) prefer to call themselves by their tribal names, Kiowa, Santee Dakota, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Kickapoo, Lakota Sioux...etc....but accepts American Indian over Native American.

No, it's not the same difference. Indians are what those in or from India are called.

The American Indians I know (which are many) prefer to call themselves by their tribal names, Kiowa, Santee Dakota, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Kickapoo, Lakota Sioux...etc....but accepts American Indian over Native American.

And the Indians I know, just say Indian, especially when laughing about the Native American title, especially when we are together. Of course, you would probably argue about Islam with someone named Mohammad.

And the Indians I know, just say Indian, especially when laughing about the Native American title, especially when we are together. Of course, you would probably argue about Islam with someone named Mohammad.

:cuckoo:

We'll never really know as most of it was wiped out by invasion and genocide to build a land where freedom and justice prevail.

We'll never really know as most of it was wiped out by invasion and genocide to build a land where freedom and justice prevail.

Genocide? Right!!

You are too stupid for words.

Genocide? Right!!

gen·o·cide/ˈjenəˌsīd/
Noun:
The deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Perhaps you can explain why mass murders of a group of people by an invading force isn't genocide.
The Europeans invaded their country, stole it, murdered and raped while trying to wipe out the population.

I assume that's all OK in your daft little book.

The native tribes were extremely violent, constantly at war with other tribes and frequently committed genocide by completely wiping out other tribes.

The natives brought nothing to the world. What liberals have done, by falsely idealizing a peaceful native culture and promoted a fake myth of reverence for nature.

I am one quarter Iroquois. I had intended to connect with my tribe until I found out that they were nothing more than savages with a penchant for cannibalism. So much for the brave forest hunters.

The native tribes were extremely violent, constantly at war with other tribes and frequently committed genocide by completely wiping out other tribes.

The natives brought nothing to the world. What liberals have done, by falsely idealizing a peaceful native culture and promoted a fake myth of reverence for nature.

I am one quarter Iroquois. I had intended to connect with my tribe until I found out that they were nothing more than savages with a penchant for cannibalism. So much for the brave forest hunters.

You Jewish Indian girls are full of shit. Crawl back under your stone.

Genocide? Right!!

St

So, Mr. Gibson, tell us about the Jews during World War II.

Forum List

Back