Tell Congress To Repeal THEIR Healthcare Before YOURS

In three years they won't have a choice, members of Congress won't be eligible for FEHBP benefits anymore; they have to buy their own insurance through the new exchanges when they open in 2014. But I suppose giving it up voluntarily before then would be a gesture of some sort.

I did find it amusing that the one incoming Congressman didn't realize that a one month waiting period to get on your employer's insurance plan when you start a new job isn't unusual. Perhaps physicians aren't naturally experts on all aspects of the American health care system. Who knew?

Repeal health care? Give up your own first!

No matter where you stand on the political spectrum, the one thing we all agree on is, our Congresscritters should not live like kings whilst we all suffer. If government healthcare is so bad, tell them to repeal THEIRS FIRST.

Sign the petition above, please or send in an email of your own.

Your thoughts?

I agree. If obamacare is so great then all politicians should have to use that care for themselves and their families for life. pelosi and obama and family up front and personal.

If Congress is forced to take the same shitty health care government will force you to take, how does that improve your situation?

If they dont want it for themselves, why would any one else is the point.

i have a different view here. i think everyone that voted against the health care bill should give up their government sponsored health care. every senator and congressman who thinks that government run health care is a bad idea should put their $ where their mouth is and opt out of the senate or house sponsored health care plans and be required to purchase coverage on the open market. this means mcconnell, boehner, cantor and the rest of these goons.

if you really disagree with the government being involved in health care, drop your policies and buy them on the open market.

I agree. If obamacare is so great then all politicians should have to use that care for themselves and their families for life. pelosi and obama and family up front and personal.

"ObamaCare" (i.e. the ACA) is a very broad term that encompasses the group plans that exist right now. Even after full implementation, most people in private (non-Medicare, non-Medicaid, non-VA or Tricare) coverage will still have employer-sponsored group health plans. People with smaller employers (i.e. people like me, who currently have no choice of coverage offered) might have a little more freedom to choose the particular plan they want by taking their employer's contribution and putting it toward a plan they choose through an exchange but the basic system will remain the same.

The primary new insurance-related part of the law is the creation of state-based exchanges for people who have to buy insurance on their own; these are mostly a way of organizing the individual health insurance market. What Congress did in the law was require themselves to buy insurance on their own through exchanges, instead of retaining their group plan. In a few years, however, the situation for most people will be the same as it is now: many more people will have group plans partially financed by their employer than will be buying it on their own through an insurance exchange.

If Congress is forced to take the same shitty health care government will force you to take, how does that improve your situation?

Buy their own insurance TODAY. Why? Because they need to experience being DENIED coverage; I'm certain most of them have pre-existing conditions. If it weren't for their government-provided plan, they'd have NO insurance with a PEC (just like me). I'd like to see them come up with a solution for that one.

i have a different view here. i think everyone that voted against the health care bill should give up their government sponsored health care. every senator and congressman who thinks that government run health care is a bad idea should put their $ where their mouth is and opt out of the senate or house sponsored health care plans and be required to purchase coverage on the open market. this means mcconnell, boehner, cantor and the rest of these goons.

if you really disagree with the government being involved in health care, drop your policies and buy them on the open market.

All of the Republican Congressmen have government healthcare.

All of the Republicans over 65 have government healthcare.

All of the Republicans in the military have government healthcare.

How many of these Republicans are giving up their healthcare?

In three years they won't have a choice, members of Congress won't be eligible for FEHBP benefits anymore; they have to buy their own insurance through the new exchanges when they open in 2014. But I suppose giving it up voluntarily before then would be a gesture of some sort.

I did find it amusing that the one incoming Congressman didn't realize that a one month waiting period to get on your employer's insurance plan when you start a new job isn't unusual. Perhaps physicians aren't naturally experts on all aspects of the American health care system. Who knew?

Didn't someone here argue repeatedly that anyone that liked their health care would be able to keep it?

One of these days you will stop posting talking points and live in the real world. Until then someone always gets to point it out every time you lie.

While most politicians campaign on the premise that they are “one of us,” they seem to lose touch with the American people once in office. Three elected officials, however — all Republican members of the House — refuse to let that happen: Tea Party endorsee Joe Walsh of Illinois, Bobby Schilling of Illinois, and Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania. All three have indicated their intent to reject the congressional health care plan. Shilling’s and Kelly’s announcements came just days after the midterm elections.
On Thursday, November 18, Schilling told ABC’s Topline, “My family and I are bringing our own health care to Washington, D.C. Congress shouldn’t have anything better than the American people.”
On the very same day, Kelly told C-SPAN’s Washington Journal that he too would not be accepting the congressional health plan.
I don’t need it. I’ve got my own plan. There is no reason for anybody to get anything different from anybody else…Why should my health care as a public official be any different than anybody else’s?
According to The Blaze, Representative Walsh joined the ranks when he told the New York Times last week that “he is refusing the congressional health insurance plan in a show of solidarity with the American people.”
Indicating that he plans to stick to his Tea Party roots, Walsh observed, “I don’t think congressmen should get pensions or cushy health care plans.”

Three Congressmen Reject Congressional Health Care

So sad that there are a few people who can actually live up to their principles.

Why do they need to give it up?

Forum List

Back