television

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Does anyone else here hate television as much as I do? I think television is one of the largest factors making the "average" person around now fucking retarded. Anytime spent watching TV (except for possibly history / discovery channel, although if you read a book on the material a show covers you would learn a lot more) is just brain melt and a complete waste of time. I honestly think parents who let their kids watch TV for more than half an hour a day should be charged with child abuse.

TV is outdated, has been for a long time, and with this new digital signal (which can be disrupted by passing cars) it's soon to die like all other old technology.

Entertainment is therapeutic...

There are some well written shows that I watch and will continue to do so...

I also enjoy getting out in the great outdoors and surfing Algore's interwebs...

As with everything, moderation is the key...

I also enjoy getting out in the great outdoors and surfing Algore's interwebs...

The intermets are my domain! :razz:

I can find everything on demand for $50 a month.

Does anyone else here hate television as much as I do? I think television is one of the largest factors making the "average" person around now fucking retarded. Anytime spent watching TV (except for possibly history / discovery channel, although if you read a book on the material a show covers you would learn a lot more) is just brain melt and a complete waste of time. I honestly think parents who let their kids watch TV for more than half an hour a day should be charged with child abuse.

Besides American Idol, Real World, The Hills, Survivor, Numb3rs, CSI, CSI: New York, All My Children, The OC, and Rock of Love 2...I'd have to agree with you.

History Channel is just as bad now. Ice Road Truckers and the like.

No.

What's wrong with being entertained? I look forward to my handful of shows at night. My brain is mush by then anyway. As for only watching DSC or HIS, etc, who wants to constantly be 'learning'? You sound like my dad.

If someone wants to sit in front of the tube (or let their kids sit in front of the tube) for hours on end . . . . that's their choice.

House said it best, moderation is the key.

everything in moderation....including moderation.

But what about moderating in moderation?

Are you moderate moderator moderating this moderate thread? (in moderation, of course)

But what about moderating in moderation?

Are you moderate moderator moderating this moderate thread? (in moderation, of course)

But I'm only moderately awake waiting to go to the sci-fi museum so I don't get to moderate much today, thus yeah, it will be in moderation though my friend had better be moderate about the museum or I will be moderating in real life ... and not moderately.

I partially agree!

Are you shitting me???

NFL Rules!

Typical network TV = Oooooommmmm....... Ooooooooooommmm...... Ooooooommmmmmm.........

I have been hearing this bullshit from intellectuals for 50 years. The old "TV is an intellectual wasteland" nonsense. I grew up with kids who's parents would only let them watch your "30 minutes" of TV. The kids weren't any smarter, they were misfits.

TV is our popular culture. Your kids have to be conversant in Hannah Montana, MTV and South Park ...just like I had to be conversant in Guiligans Island, Brady Bunch and Laugh In.

I have seen some great TV in my 50 years, better stuff than I could have gotten from books or listening to classical music. I saw a man walk on the moon, every Super Bowl, 60 Minutes, Seinfeld, MASH, All in the Family....I saw coverage of JFK, Martin Luther King, 9-11..

I also saw alot of dumb stuff that I can still go to a party and say "Remember that episode of the Brady Bunch where Marcia..." and people will laugh

Your nerd kids will just be able to look around clueless

Last edited:

I have been hearing this bullshit from intellectuals for 50 years. The old "TV is an intellectual wasteland" nonsense. I grew up with kids who's parents would only let them watch your "30 minutes" of TV. The kids weren't any smarter, they were misfits.

TV is our popular culture. Your kids have to be conversant in Hannah Montana, MTV and South Park ...just like I had to be conversant in Guiligans Island, Brady Bunch and Laugh In.

I have seen some great TV in my 50 years, better stuff than I could have gotten from books or listening to classical music. I saw a man walk on the moon, every Super Bowl, 60 Minutes, Seinfeld, MASH, All in the Family....I saw coverage of JFK, Martin Luther King, 9-11..

I also saw alot of dumb stuff that I can still go to a party and say "Remember that episode of the Brady Bunch where Marcia..." and people will laugh

except "nerds" don't care about looking cool at frat parties or living vicariously through people on tv

except "nerds" don't care about looking cool at frat parties or living vicariously through people on tv

Nerds don't go to frat parties.

TV is your popular culture. It is your link to your generation. You can limit yourself to the alloted 30 minutes and think you are somehow intelectually superior to TV watchers. In fact, you are removing yourself from those things that define your generation

Without tv we'd never have been privy to Python . . . . and that would just be wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g]YouTube - She's a witch![/ame]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, that's geeks, nerds care too much about how they look, thus why they look so bad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back