televangelist seeks donations for $54M private jet

That's not as sad Taylor Swift has a private jet fly her cat while homeless people live nearby.

Taylor Swift is wealthy, and bought her own jet, and flew it at her own expense.

The televangelist is getting his followers to send him money for the jet, while he spends nothing out of pocket himself.

See the difference?
Taylor Swift's followers sent her money & she got Houses & Jets.

Although I hope the Church / Televangelist is not getting the Jets Tax Free.

This is what is known as priestcraft.

Alma 1:2-20
2 And it came to pass that in the first year of the reign of Alma in the judgment-seat, there was a man brought before him to be judged, a man who was large, and was noted for his much strength.
3 And he had gone about among the people, preaching to them that which he termed to be the word of God, bearing down against the church; declaring unto the people that every priest and teacher ought to become popular; and they ought not to labor with their hands, but that they ought to be supported by the people.
4 And he also testified unto the people that all mankind should be saved at the last day, and that they need not fear nor tremble, but that they might lift up their heads and rejoice; for the Lord had created all men, and had also redeemed all men; and, in the end, all men should have eternal life.
5 And it came to pass that he did teach these things so much that many did believe on his words, even so many that they began to support him and give him money.
6 And he began to be lifted up in the pride of his heart, and to wear very costly apparel, yea, and even began to establish a church after the manner of his preaching.
7 And it came to pass as he was going, to preach to those who believed on his word, he met a man who belonged to the church of God, yea, even one of their teachers; and he began to contend with him sharply, that he might lead away the people of the church; but the man withstood him, admonishing him with the words of God.
8 Now the name of the man was Gideon; and it was he who was an instrument in the hands of God in delivering the people of Limhi out of bondage.
9 Now, because Gideon withstood him with the words of God he was wroth with Gideon, and drew his sword and began to smite him. Now Gideon being stricken with many years, therefore he was not able to withstand his blows, therefore he was slain by the sword.
10 And the man who slew him was taken by the people of the church, and was brought before Alma, to be judged according to the crimes which he had committed.
11 And it came to pass that he stood before Alma and pled for himself with much boldness.
12 But Alma said unto him: Behold, this is the first time that priestcraft has been introduced among this people. And behold, thou art not only guilty of priestcraft, but hast endeavored to enforce it by the sword; and were priestcraft to be enforced among this people it would prove their entire destruction.
13 And thou hast shed the blood of a righteous man, yea, a man who has done much good among this people; and were we to spare thee his blood would come upon us for vengeance.
14 Therefore thou art condemned to die, according to the law which has been given us by Mosiah, our last king; and it has been acknowledged by this people; therefore this people must abide by the law.
15 And it came to pass that they took him; and his name was Nehor; and they carried him upon the top of the hill Manti, and there he was caused, or rather did acknowledge, between the heavens and the earth, that what he had taught to the people was contrary to the word of God; and there he suffered an ignominious death.
16 Nevertheless, this did not put an end to the spreading of priestcraft through the land; for there were many who loved the vain things of the world, and they went forth preaching false doctrines; and this they did for the sake of riches and honor.
17 Nevertheless, they durst not lie, if it were known, for fear of the law, for liars were punished; therefore they pretended to preach according to their belief; and now the law could have no power on any man for his belief.
18 And they durst not steal, for fear of the law, for such were punished; neither durst they rob, nor murder, for he that murdered was punished unto death.
19 But it came to pass that whosoever did not belong to the church of God began to persecute those that did belong to the church of God, and had taken upon them the name of Christ.
20 Yea, they did persecute them, and afflict them with all manner of words, and this because of their humility; because they were not proud in their own eyes, and because they did impart the word of God, one with another, without money and without price.

That's not as sad Taylor Swift has a private jet fly her cat while homeless people live nearby.

Taylor Swift is wealthy, and bought her own jet, and flew it at her own expense.

The televangelist is getting his followers to send him money for the jet, while he spends nothing out of pocket himself.

See the difference?
Both groups are retards paying a lot of money for something that isn't worth it. Swift and the televangelist just took advantage.

Wrong. Swift didn't take advantage of anyone. She actually EARNED the money to buy her own jet.

The televangelist? He's begging for donations and passing the cost of the jet on to his followers without spending a cent himself.

There is a difference.

See the difference?
Taylor Swift's followers sent her money & she got Houses & Jets.

Although I hope the Church / Televangelist is not getting the Jets Tax Free.

Taylor Swifts "followers" (aka fans), actually got something for the dollars they sent to her in the form of concerts, music, merchandise, etc.

All the televangelists followers are getting is a con job.

I'm very happy he's doing this. You see, I feel everyone who buys into his bullshit and gives him money deserves to go poor and starve to death.

This is where the government needs to step-in and end this religious fraud.

people are FREE to donate their money to whoever and for whatever reason they want Gents .
Reality Economics

We can't afford too much of society's money being drained off by predatory preachers.
------------------------- societys money [chuckle] , i thought it was 'mexicos' money being sent in remittances back to mexico but being waylaid by a preacher that needs another JET to add to his already 3 JETS that he owns . .

See the difference?
Both groups are retards paying a lot of money for something that isn't worth it. Swift and the televangelist just took advantage.

Wrong. Swift didn't take advantage of anyone.
Sure she did. She took advantage of people willing to give her lots of money for relatively little except a little bit of good feeling. Same as the morons giving money to the televangelist.
She actually EARNED the money to buy her own jet.

The televangelist? He's begging for donations and passing the cost of the jet on to his followers without spending a cent himself.

There is a difference.

Only in taste.

I'm very happy he's doing this. You see, I feel everyone who buys into his bullshit and gives him money deserves to go poor and starve to death.

That's against the first amendment.

See the difference?

Sure she did. She took advantage of people willing to give her lots of money for relatively little except a little bit of good feeling. Same as the morons giving money to the televangelist.

There is a difference.

Only in taste.

The First Amendment protect religious organizations from committing fraud?

See the difference?

There is a difference.

Only in taste.

What fraud? He says he needs it to spread god's will. I guess you could argue claiming there is a god is equal to fraud, but then you'd have to repeal the first amendment if you wanted to prosecute that.

See the difference?

There is a difference.

Only in taste.

What fraud? He says he needs it to spread god's will. I guess you could argue claiming there is a god is equal to fraud, but then you'd have to repeal the first amendment if you wanted to prosecute that.

For an offering of $25.00, "If you believe in me you'll have eternal life." That's one big-ass claim.

Send me a grand and I'll mail you a certificate of eternal life (suitable for framing). But wait, there's more! I'll include some Vegas holy water straight out of the tap of eternal life!

people are FREE to donate their money to whoever and for whatever reason they want Gents .
Reality Economics

We can't afford too much of society's money being drained off by predatory preachers.
------------------------- societys money [chuckle] , i thought it was 'mexicos' money being sent in remittances back to mexico but being waylaid by a preacher that needs another JET to add to his already 3 JETS that he owns . .
Preacher Lecher

His conscience bothered him about stealing the illegal aliens' money. So he hired Mexican putas as stewardesses.

its not fraud , the guy wants you to FREELY donate to his JET Fund is all it is . Hurry up as he only already has 3 JETS but wants a NEW JET .

Let's see how many of the "God-fearing" fall for this con artist.

How can you label this preacher as a "con artist"? Perhaps he needs a new jet, his current ride is inadequate, and the globe trotting he needs to do to complete his task of bringing the world to Christ can't be realistically completed by chartering flights.

There is a difference.

Only in taste.

For an offering of $25.00, "If you believe in me you'll have eternal life." That's one big-ass claim.
He's obviously referring to eternal life after life, as in life in heaven. Yeah, it's not true, but the only way to ban it is by getting rid of the first amendment.
Send me a grand and I'll mail you a certificate of eternal life (suitable for framing). But wait, there's more! I'll include some Vegas holy water straight out of the tap of eternal life!

There is a difference.

Only in taste.

He's obviously referring to eternal life after life, as in life in heaven. Yeah, it's not true, but the only way to ban it is by getting rid of the first amendment.
Pews for Plutes

The First Amendment guarantees freedom to practice a religion. What religion is this GreedHead liar practicing?

seem that its a LEGAL religion or i'd guess that he'd be shut down Sage .

Sure she did. She took advantage of people willing to give her lots of money for relatively little except a little bit of good feeling. Same as the morons giving money to the televangelist.Only in taste.

Pews for Plutes

The First Amendment guarantees freedom to practice a religion. What religion is this GreedHead liar practicing?
Christianity.

Forum List

Back