Teens Sue Baseball Team Over 'God Bless America' Ejection

I grew up in the Bronx. I watched the Towers go up, I watched them fall down.

If you can't stand for the 90 fucking seconds it takes to remember those who died in 9/11 and for the soldiers fighting overseas and to sing "God Bless America", which is how we usually take the 7th inning stretch in NYC, then, well yeah, my sister should kick your ass

Because we live where we do, these kids have the right to do whatever they want to with regards to standing for GBA.

In the setting of a privately owned and maintained facility, they also have the right to be removed from the premises.

Your family member does not have the right to kick their ass.

It is a bit disrespectful of them not to stand, but it is also true that the song is not the National Anthem.

On the other hand, SUING over an ejection from private property by a private company on the basis of something that is not one of the famous 'suspect classifications' like race or ethnicity, etc., is just stupid.

The "suit" should get tossed out of Court as fast as those little pricks got tossed out of the ballpark.

You can disagree with me on this one, but that doesn't change the fact that I just nailed it.

I commend my post heartily!

Yay!

:clap2:

It is a bit disrespectful of them not to stand, but it is also true that the song is not the National Anthem.

On the other hand, SUING over an ejection from private property by a private company on the basis of something that is not one of the famous 'suspect classifications' like race or ethnicity, etc., is just stupid.

The "suit" should get tossed out of Court as fast as those little pricks got tossed out of the ballpark.

You can disagree with me on this one, but that doesn't change the fact that I just nailed it.

Yay!

this will shock you, but one of the kid's father is an attorney.

try not to let it shake your faith in the essential altruism of man.
:lol:

Yay!

this will shock you, but one of the kid's father is an attorney.

try not to let it shake your faith in the essential altruism of man.
:lol:

A lawyah, eh?

So the lawsuit will be all about its nui$ance value.

No wonder the fuckin' kids were such little rat-turd pricks.

:razz:

"No one asked them to stand", now these guys being 17 and 16 years old, didn't know to stand during the National Anthem?

God Bless America is NOT the national anthem pea brain...

Pea brain huh? That the best insult you got? National Anthem or not those guy should know to stand. I wonder if seeing everyone else standing up wasn't a big fucking clue!

I'm sorry calling you a pea brain...you're a pea brain conformist...typical right wing affliction...

I guess freedom means freedom to CONFORM...

There probably is more to the story. Even if there isn't, I see no violation of the First Amendment. If the lawyer took the case under that pretext, he needs to start studying the Constitution again.

God Bless America is NOT the national anthem pea brain...

Pea brain huh? That the best insult you got? National Anthem or not those guy should know to stand. I wonder if seeing everyone else standing up wasn't a big fucking clue!

I'm sorry calling you a pea brain...you're a pea brain conformist...typical right wing affliction...

I guess freedom means freedom to CONFORM...

You can call freedom whatever you want, you libidiots usually do. Standing up for a patriotic song is not only patriotic but honorable. These three clowns shown that they are neither.

I'm not saying these teens are Libruls, the only thing that makes me think they are is their dispicible stance toward American traditions and had they been sitting near my family at a ballgame, my sister would have kicked all three of their unAmerica stink of Arab asses

NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection
AP

By BETH DeFALCO, Associated Press Writer Beth Defalco, Associated Press Writer – Mon Sep 14, 6:32 pm ET

"TRENTON, N.J. – Three teenagers who say they were tossed from a New Jersey ballpark over their refusal to stand during the song "God Bless America" are suing the minor league Newark Bears.

The boys argue that their constitutional rights were violated when they were asked to leave Newark's Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium on June 29 by Bears' president and co-owner Thomas Cetnar....

"We offered to sit with him and find out what his beef was and he asked for money," Wankmiller said. "That was about it." "

NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection - Yahoo! News
good that they're suing, they have a right to not stand whoever tossed them out is unamerican.

I hope they win their lawsuit and get big $$$. Just because it will piss off the right :lol:

You'd be willing to shit on constitutionally protected liberty just to piss off your political adversaries?

Me hopes that :lol: means you're just joking. ;)

they have a right to not stand.

Yes they do. And they exercised that right.

whoever tossed them out is unamerican.

That is your opinion. But the fact is the owner was merely exercising their right to not do business with them.

All they are owed is a refund on their ticket.

that is my opinion, i just think throwing them out over that is proof of how scared we are of different cultures. just my opiinon though,

they have a right to not stand.

Yes they do. And they exercised that right.

whoever tossed them out is unamerican.

That is your opinion. But the fact is the owner was merely exercising their right to not do business with them.

All they are owed is a refund on their ticket.

that is my opinion, i just think throwing them out over that is proof of how scared we are of different cultures. just my opiinon though,

Fair enough.

The problem is:

A.) There is no specified rule that says you are suppose to stand.

Apparently there was, but even if not I'm not sure it would be material in this case.

B.) It is violating one's rights.

Maybe in some philosophical sense, but it's not a violation of one's constitutionally protected rights.

Nobody seems to be focusing on:

A.) The Slippery Slope

I always like to be wary of slippery slopes, but I don't see one in this case. Please explain.

B.) How these owners really could be "Patriots".
I'll pass on this one since I have no idea what you're saying.

Repost. Still interested in why you think this is a slippery slope.

Were these "nazis" at the game?

Could of been. The minute you make Patriotism mandatory, it is no longer Patriotism and it is a violation of Constitutional Rights.

Whether you like it or not, this was their right to do so. Besides, do you want the precedent this will set? For all of you talking about laws, and such, this could result in a very ugly domino effect in the future.

ROFL...

Well that is as asinine a statement as I've come across lately...

We can't make someone loyal to the concepts of America... but we can damn sure make disloyalty something which one wants to avoid.

Yeah, they have a right to disrespect the National Anthem of the US... but they don't have a right to disrespect the flag with impunity... The ball-park owner has a right to kick them off of his property; and you're entitled to piss and moan about it.

Repost. Still interested in why you think this is a slippery slope.

I believe I addressed that in Posts #46 and #53 in this thread?

To basically restate it:

Are we going to make exceptions? If not, why not to those all people I listed in those two posts? Wouldn't it not be UnPatriotic to toss out those people? Then you have the fact that this basically means private companies can abuse your rights for really no reason.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the owner. He didn't even bother to ask them why they didn't stand. It was a spur of the moment reaction and he will lose in court because of that reaction.

Also, on the whole basis of slippery slope, Dude makes a great point as to where exactly does it end? Also, if we are to make Patriotism which is suppose to be defined as the love, devotion, or loyalty to one's country mandatory then it is not Patriotism any longer?

If I were forced to show "Patriotism" daily than it is no longer MY devotion or MY loyalty to the country. It is rather my being FORCED to show some form of devotion and or loyalty to the country, whether it be real or fabricated.

After 9/11, people seemed to have forgotten many of the lessons we were suppose to learn from that day. Instead, people have taken the message that we need blind Patriotism and that we must show it every damn moment or otherwise you are UnAmerican, a terrorist, want to see the terrorist win, etc. That's just wrong and it goes against the principles of this great nation.

ROFL...

We can't make someone loyal to the concepts of America... but we can damn sure make disloyalty something which one wants to avoid.

Yeah, they have a right to disrespect the National Anthem of the US... but they don't have a right to disrespect the flag with impunity... The ball-park owner has a right to kick them off of his property; and you're entitled to piss and moan about it.

Christ, even I know the NA is The Star Spangled Banner...and I'm a dern furringer...and how did they disrespect the flag...

That's the problem with you neocon righties, you worry yourself about standing for national anthems and faux patriotism, and don't want to address societies real ills....bunch of fucking morons to a T........

ROFL...

Christ, even I know the NA is The Star Spangled Banner...and I'm a dern furringer...and how did they disrespect the flag...

That's the problem with you neocon righties, you worry yourself about standing for national anthems and faux patriotism, and don't want to address societies real ills....bunch of fucking morons to a T........

The National Anthem is the salute to the Flag... which is played at the beginning of American sporting events... due respect requires that one rise to their feet, stand and face the Flag or the Music, barring the flag being in view.

I spent a week-end in the pokey a couple of decades back for beating the crap out of a birkenstock wearing long-haired, anti-American loser that refused to shut up during the National Anthem and choosing poorly when considering his response to my admonishment... You may feel it your right to disrespect the American flag; but I damn well know its my duty to defend it; and its one I take seriously.

There is not a single 'social ill' in the US which if not a DIRECT RESULT of LEFT-think, is amplified by Lefti-think... thus the solution to all social ills in the US is the total destruction of Left-think in the US.

Which is a cause for which I fight, every single day of my life; to the extent of my means.

Last edited:
ROFL...

Dissent does not equal disloyalty.

“Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -how passionately I hate them!” - Albert Einstein

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/09/14/news/latest_news/doc4aaebcd2ed6b7932757457.txt

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Three teenagers who say they were tossed from a New Jersey ballpark over their refusal to stand during the song "God Bless America" are suing the minor league Newark Bears.

Also to bring my best "PI to the table"

SILLY RIGHTIE! THE NATIONAL ANTHEM ISN'T GOD BLESS AMERICA!

IT'S THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER, YOU UNAMERICAN SHEEP!

LMFAO! YOUR INDOCTRINATION IS COMPLETE!

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back