Teens Sue Baseball Team Over 'God Bless America' Ejection

Gee... Let's see... I invite you into my house... and during blessing fo the meal, you disrepsect me by your refusal to stop talking as we ask the good lord for his grace...

I take that as your disrespect for my beliefs and summarily toss you out of my home.

Now what right do you have to accept my invitation to enter my private property and disrespect my customs and remain on my property?

Surely you have a right to speak; you have a right to disagree with my customs... but you don't have a right to be on my property after you've demonstrated disrespect for me and my customs, while enjoying my hospitality. And that doesn't change because you laid down earnest money to offset my expenses which I endured in hosting whatever activity is at hand.

Now be specific... cite whatever judicial ruling you like... but CITE THE REASONING; or the argument which was advanced at the foundation of that ruling; and this to avoid the certain failure common to Ad Verecundiam trainwrecks.

You do not have to stand for the anything... but you aren't entitled to disrespect the customs of those upon whose property you're standing; and remain there against his will.

I'm not saying these teens are Libruls, the only thing that makes me think they are is their dispicible stance toward American traditions and had they been sitting near my family at a ballgame, my sister would have kicked all three of their unAmerica stink of Arab asses

NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection
AP

By BETH DeFALCO, Associated Press Writer Beth Defalco, Associated Press Writer – Mon Sep 14, 6:32 pm ET

"TRENTON, N.J. – Three teenagers who say they were tossed from a New Jersey ballpark over their refusal to stand during the song "God Bless America" are suing the minor league Newark Bears.

The boys argue that their constitutional rights were violated when they were asked to leave Newark's Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium on June 29 by Bears' president and co-owner Thomas Cetnar....

"We offered to sit with him and find out what his beef was and he asked for money," Wankmiller said. "That was about it." "

NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection - Yahoo! News

"No one asked them to stand", now these guys being 17 and 16 years old, didn't know to stand during the National Anthem?

Standing during the anthem makes you a REAL patriot.... don't it cowgirl? :lol::lol::lol:

It does show patriotism, does it not ? And please, keep your homosexual fantasies to yourself.

nationalism is understandable in backward, suppressed or depressed regions like puntland, east timor and kosovo.

in an established powerful nation it is retarded.

stand up for the anthem (edit; or just some patriotic song in this case), put your hands on your hearts, wrap yourselves in flags, have flag pins.

seriously, retarded development.

I'm not saying these teens are Libruls, the only thing that makes me think they are is their dispicible stance toward American traditions and had they been sitting near my family at a ballgame, my sister would have kicked all three of their unAmerica stink of Arab asses

AP

By BETH DeFALCO, Associated Press Writer Beth Defalco, Associated Press Writer – Mon Sep 14, 6:32 pm ET

"TRENTON, N.J. – Three teenagers who say they were tossed from a New Jersey ballpark over their refusal to stand during the song "God Bless America" are suing the minor league Newark Bears.

The boys argue that their constitutional rights were violated when they were asked to leave Newark's Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium on June 29 by Bears' president and co-owner Thomas Cetnar....

"We offered to sit with him and find out what his beef was and he asked for money," Wankmiller said. "That was about it." "

"No one asked them to stand", now these guys being 17 and 16 years old, didn't know to stand during the National Anthem?

Tossed out for refusing to stand to acknowledge the National Anthem? Sounds like something Stalin would do.

Who cares if they refuse to stand? It's their constitutional right to refuse to stand.

And the owner had the right to kick their dumbasses out.

Hitler salute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$Salute.jpg

Now let us all rise to give our salute to the anthem. If not? Well..:eusa_whistle:

Pea brain huh? That the best insult you got? National Anthem or not those guy should know to stand. I wonder if seeing everyone else standing up wasn't a big fucking clue!

you know who else did stand up when everyone else stood up?

nazis!

ta da!!

Link?

here, a youtube video woohoo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlZ2bxppsA]YouTube - Goebbels Total War Speech (Extract in German)[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNKlxcqLKcM[/ame]

look at the patriots, standing! oh these nazi comparisons are so funny.

Last edited:
Gee... Let's see... I invite you into my house... and during blessing fo the meal, you disrepsect me by your refusal to stop talking as we ask the good lord for his grace...

I take that as your disrespect for my beliefs and summarily toss you out of my home.

Now what right do you have to accept my invitation to enter my private property and disrespect my customs and remain on my property?

Surely you have a right to speak; you have a right to disagree with my customs... but you don't have a right to be on my property after you've demonstrated disrespect for me and my customs, while enjoying my hospitality. And that doesn't change because you laid down earnest money to offset my expenses which I endured in hosting whatever activity is at hand.

Now be specific... cite whatever judicial ruling you like... but CITE THE REASONING; or the argument which was advanced at the foundation of that ruling; and this to avoid the certain failure common to Ad Verecundiam trainwrecks.

You do not have to stand for the anything... but you aren't entitled to disrespect the customs of those upon whose property you're standing; and remain there against his will.

I didn't pay you to come into your home. Besides, nobody told them to stand up, they would of if asked I'm sure.

"Nobody sits during the singing of 'God Bless America' in my stadium," the lawsuit quotes Cetnar as saying. "Now the get the (expletive) out of here."

said the owner of the property.....nice thing about private property....you can toss someone off in a heartbeat...that is the difference in private and public...
I think he owns the team not the stadium. If the stadium is public property he had no right to ask them to leave under these circumstances.

he probably does.

a ticket is a revocable license and usually the issuing agent reserves the right to revoke the license for just about any reason they want, even though it's a publicly owned venue.
In this case I think it would infringe on their first amendment rights if the guy doesn't own the stadium. I can see if they were being disorderly, but this is pretty much of a stretch.

Were these "nazis" at the game?

Could of been. The minute you make Patriotism mandatory, it is no longer Patriotism and it is a violation of Constitutional Rights.

Whether you like it or not, this was their right to do so. Besides, do you want the precedent this will set? For all of you talking about laws, and such, this could result in a very ugly domino effect in the future.

Bathroom Breaks Now OK at Yankees Games During 'God Bless America' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

NEW YORK — Yankee fans are now at liberty to go to the bathroom during the playing of "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch, thanks to a settlement reached yesterday in Manhattan federal court.

Signing off on the deal were the Yankees, the New York Civil Liberties Union and Queens resident Bradford Campeau-Laurion, who was thrown out of Yankee Stadium last year after trying to hit the head midtune.

Campeau-Laurion, a Red Sox fan, will also get $10,001 in a separate deal reached with the city because he got the boot from two uniformed cops — one of whom allegedly told him, "Get out of my country."

The city also agreed to pay $12,000 for legal fees racked up by the NYCLU, which built its case on a charge of "political and religious discrimination."

Expect the same to occur here. Bullshit like "Get out of my country" is exactly that.

AP

Meh!

The "God Bless America" thing has supplanted "Take Me out to the Ball Game" in many parks since 9/11™.

One thing I never understood, even more than gay "pride" marches, is why we as Americans have to get up and play the uber-patriot game every time a bunch of dudes put on some jock straps.

Always seemed a little creepy to me.

I think he owns the team not the stadium. If the stadium is public property he had no right to ask them to leave under these circumstances.

he probably does.

a ticket is a revocable license and usually the issuing agent reserves the right to revoke the license for just about any reason they want, even though it's a publicly owned venue.
In this case I think it would infringe on their first amendment rights if the guy doesn't own the stadium. I can see if they were being disorderly, but this is pretty much of a stretch.

the first amendment doesn't enter into a private commercial transaction, IMO.

he probably does.

the first amendment doesn't enter into a private commercial transaction, IMO.
I agree with you there. But it would enter into what goes on in a public facility.

Were these "nazis" at the game?

Could of been. The minute you make Patriotism mandatory, it is no longer Patriotism and it is a violation of Constitutional Rights.

Whether you like it or not, this was their right to do so. Besides, do you want the precedent this will set? For all of you talking about laws, and such, this could result in a very ugly domino effect in the future.

Could have been? Elder implied that nazis were at the game, I asked for a link and both of you have failed. But don't worry, I really enjoy watching you guys fall flat on your faces.

What laws have I talked about? As far as I know, no law was broken in this case, it was three guys exercising their right to be stupid and the owner exercising his right to oust the assholes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back