Teen's charity name draws the McIre of McDonald's

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Lou Carlozo Charity, In the News
You couldn't blame Lauren McClusky of Chicago if she were a bit squeamish about using her last name in this story without fear of reprisal from Ronald McDonald and his legal posse.

For McClusky, 19, finds herself at the center of a thorny dispute that involves a series of charity concerts she's put on over the past three years. She dubbed the event "McFest" (more on that in a moment) -- but McDonald's sees that as an infringement on its trademarks, something the McDonaldland lawyers refer to as "the McFamily of brands These include (deep breath): McPen, McBurger, McBuddy, McWatch, McDouble, McJobs, McShirt, McPool, McProduct, McShades, McFree, McRuler, McLight -- and even the prefix "Mc" itself.

You couldn't blame Lauren McClusky of Chicago if she were a bit squeamish about using her last name in this story without fear of reprisal from Ronald McDonald and his legal posse.

For McClusky, 19, finds herself at the center of a thorny dispute that involves a series of charity concerts she's put on over the past three years. She dubbed the event "McFest" (more on that in a moment) -- but McDonald's sees that as an infringement on its trademarks, something the McDonaldland lawyers refer to as "the McFamily of brands These include (deep breath): McPen, McBurger, McBuddy, McWatch, McDouble, McJobs, McShirt, McPool, McProduct, McShades, McFree, McRuler, McLight -- and even the prefix "Mc" itself.

Holy shit, I'm a 'Mc'. Does this mean McDonalds 'owns' me?? :eek:

Could be.

Could be.

:( :(

You know I'm not sure I've ever eaten at a McD's. Maybe once the way to the shore we stopped and I got a burger at a rest stop but I'm not sure. Whatever it was it was awful. I was 21 before I ever ate at Burger King and I was drunk when I did.

...is shaking in her McBoots.

McDonald's is McCrazy...just like the IOC that thinks we shouldn't be free to use olympic in our unrelated lives.

McMakes McMe McWant McTo McBarf...Mc! Mc:lol: Mc:lol: Mc:lol:

Last edited:

Don't laugh...Scotland is full of MacDonalds and now that McDonalds has moved in there, any MacDonald isn't allowed to use their own name if they open a restaurant.

Don't laugh...Scotland is full of MacDonalds and now that McDonalds has moved in there, any MacDonald isn't allowed to use their own name if they open a restaurant.

Now thats sad.

No. They McOwn you.

Also anyone can buy a controling interest in Micky Ds if they have enough money and then even though they may be foreigners and live in Saudi Arabia they can flood our election with whatever lies they want, even ones that are directly harmful to our Union.

Also anyone can buy a controling interest in Micky Ds if they have enough money and then even though they may be foreigners and live in Saudi Arabia they can flood our election with whatever lies they want, even ones that are directly harmful to our Union.

just when i think you can't possibly say anything more spectacularly stupid than your usual drivel, you come through.

bravo

i'm gonna go have a mcdouble for bin laden

see you mclater

just when i think you can't possibly say anything more spectacularly stupid than your usual drivel, you come through.

bravo

i'm gonna go have a mcdouble for bin laden

see you mclater
Me thinks he's still unduly upset with the Supreme McCourt decision regarding McCorporations and campaign McMoney.

He is simply a McIdiot! Pay him no McMind.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You guys sing the praises of corporations day in and out.

Now you are all sitting in knotted up panties because one of these corps thinks it can own Family names that go back eons.

You people are very funny.

Now you are all sitting in knotted up panties because one of these corps thinks it can own Family names that go back eons.

Look McDummy....Ray Kroc trademarked the name back in the 50's or 60's....it's legal. If you open a RESTAURANT named McPinksnapper you'll get an earful from McDonald's lawyers....if you open a whorehouse named McPinksnapper you wouldn't hear anything.

Thinking something is ridiculous does not translate to "knotted up panties".

It is just as ridiculous for McDonald's to have legal rights that take traditional rights from others as it is for gays to demand that marriage be redefined, thus resulting in the same end. That does not mean panties are knotted up. It simply means I roll my eyes at the stupidity of the legal quagmire that lawyers have planted, cultivated and nurtured into the garden of life.

I know your interests lie in doudenums Del. I do however insist that you drop your querys into the late digestive opperations of my internal processes. I know you probably consider the byproducts your equals but they are not your concerns.

I know your interests lie in doudenums. I do however insist that you drop your querys into the late digestive opperations of my internal processes. I know you probably consider the byproducts your equals but they are not your concerns.

i just assumed that since you spend so much time with your eyes in close proximity to it that it wouldn't be a problem for you to provide a status update.

carry on.

Forum List

Back