Teens can't have their cell phone at Camp?

The only thing I ever saw the counselors try to "take care of" was getting a little underage pussy... which when you think about is another reason for a kid to have their OWN way to communicate with the outside world.

Generalize much? This coming from you is a little hard to swallow, pardon the pun. Now you're saying all your camp counselors tried to molest underage kids.

If that's the only thing you ever saw, I'm sure you reported it, right? Or was every single counselor there trying to "get some" from the underage kids.

:rolleyes:

I didn't say all of them did it, where does that come from?
The only thing I ever saw the counselors try to "take care of" was getting a little underage pussy...

Uh, that's where I got that from.

You're getting as bad as KK just making up whatever you think will make your position look better.

Yeah, you caught me! :eek:

My experience with councilors was that they had little to no idea about "nature" and were just doing an easy summer job. "Taking care of" something would have required effort, I didn't see any of that. I saw them look the other way when they could have been helpful and I saw them trying to get laid.

Gotcha. They were there to get laid, nothing else.

What I reported or participated in isn't the subject of the thread. If you can give me your word that if I speak frankly the thread won't be closed or my posts edited or deleted I'll go into some detail, but I'm sick and tired of getting my posts selectively removed and threads closed so that the truth isn't what is left as a record. Since I doubt you can trump Gunny I don't think you can make that promise. But LMK, k?

I have no idea why your threads get closed, you sure seem to like to bring it up a lot though. I frankly don't want any details about your past, your sex life, or your present one. This is about you saying ALL the camp counselors were at camp for sex with underage campers. I called bullshit on it.

Call CPS STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid, some camps don't want teens to be "plugged in" to technology while at camp.

How the hell did the rest of us mangage when we went to camp back in the pioneer days anyway?

Teens panic as they’re forced to unplug at camp - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

You had your Ford pinto and your 8-track player! You weren't an underpriviliged pioneer! :eusa_whistle:

I had a Corvair, until that Ralph Nadar got in the way..................:evil:

Call CPS STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid, some camps don't want teens to be "plugged in" to technology while at camp.

How the hell did the rest of us mangage when we went to camp back in the pioneer days anyway?

Teens panic as they’re forced to unplug at camp - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

You had your Ford pinto and your 8-track player! You weren't an underpriviliged pioneer! :eusa_whistle:

I had a Corvair, until that Ralph Nadar got in the way..................:evil:

I had a corvair too, or what ever the f those death traps were called.

Um, yeah kids can survive without cell phones.

What a bunch of cry babys!

Ever since 911, parents have been reassured by the knowledge of being able to get in touch with their kids. And that doesn't have to do with a "f*cked" head. If you can't trust your kids to use their cellphones judiciously, then I would say, you have a parenting issue. Notice I didn't have to use barnyard language to make my point.

Now you are questioning someone's parenting skills because they don't think a child needs a cell phone for a week or two at camp? You don't think if an emergency arrives the counselors could take care of it?

Again, did you ever go to camp as a child or a teen?

The only thing I ever saw the counselors try to "take care of" was getting a little underage pussy... which when you think about is another reason for a kid to have their OWN way to communicate with the outside world.

Oh Amanda, we adults aren't really that stupid.

I've heard every excuse under the sun from teeanagers, for why the absolutely have to have their cell phone with them at all times, in all circumstances.

I promise you, most of us adults aren't that stupid. We know bullshit excuses and whines when we see it.

No one is getting raped at camp. Or, at least its exceedingly rare. You're safer at camp than you are walking around bars and clubs at night.

Fun, nice, old camp is sounding more and more compulsory by the minute.

Yes, let's get back to the topic of camp!

I loved all the different camps I went to. I went to MYF (church) camp, Young Life Camp, a camp in Colorado where we climbed mountains and I could see 4 states from the top, I went to a snow ski camp, and a 4H camp. I think that's it.

The only technology I had was a camera. I survived! And had a great time!

Of course, I've gone camping too, out in the woods. Used to do that too, before the cell phone came along. Good thing I'm still here to tell the tale, eh? ;)

I loved all the different camps I went to. I went to MYF (church) camp, Young Life Camp, a camp in Colorado where we climbed mountains and I could see 4 states from the top, I went to a snow ski camp, and a 4H camp. I think that's it.

Of course, I've gone camping too, out in the woods. Used to do that too, before the cell phone came along. Good thing I'm still here to tell the tale, eh? ;)

Holy crap, a camp geek! :eek:

actually that sounds pretty cool.

You know what? You haven't lived until you camp at the base of a mountain glacier, right beside an alpine lake.

I'll tell you sometime about the time I woke up in the middle of the night with a skunk sitting on my chest. :eek:

Holy crap, a camp geek! :eek:

You know what? You haven't lived until you camp at the base of a mountain glacier, right beside an alpine lake.

I'll tell you sometime about the time I woke up in the middle of the night with a skunk sitting on my chest. :eek:

Did you at least buy it a drink first?

:eek:

Holy crap, a camp geek!

And how'd you get it to consent?!

This could totally sobatage the homosexual agenda! :eek:

You know those who are actually saying that they should have cell phones don't seem to know much about nature. Ever go on a hike and just stare at the sky? Same thing if they are "texting" ... serious accidents are being asked for.

I've been on plenty of hikes with my Scout troop, and phones were effectively added to our "ten essentials." I don't know why you'd assume that people would text while they were walking somewhere dangerous.

At any rate, it just seems another matter of campers being indoctrinated as to what "fun" is. As with them setting rigid schedules and insisting that campers follow them precisely, they seem to be more interested in deciding what "fun" is for the campers than letting them decide for themselves.

People text while driving. Of course they'd text and walk right off a cliff. (if you were being sarcastic . . . . never mind!)

:eek:
Holy crap, a camp geek!

And how'd you get it to consent?!

This could totally sobatage the homosexual agenda! :eek:

Maybe Yurt could start a thread about it! :lol:

People text while driving. Of course they'd text and walk right off a cliff. (if you were being sarcastic . . . . never mind!)

Then some people are idiots. It doesn't stand to reason that there's a major danger of walking off cliffs that comes from bringing electronic devices to camp.

Yes they are and ones driving while texting are prime examples. It diverts attention. Tell me a 12 year old texting away can't wander off and get lost in the woods or get themselves into a dangerous situation? Bullshit.

Any kid who can't live for a week or two with a cell phone should have it taken away for 6 months. I have found since cell phones have become a main-stay, 'must have' item that people have gotten ruder and more stupid in general. I'd like to rip the damn things off their heads and tell 'em to come up for air.

Last edited:
Yes they are and ones driving while texting are prime examples. It diverts attention. Tell me a 12 year old texting away can't wander off and get lost in the woods or get themselves into a dangerous situation? Bullshit.

A bit speculative, don't you think? No, not even a bit. That's just reeeaaaalllyyy stretching things.

Any kid who can't live for a week or two with a cell phone should have it taken away for 6 months. I have found since cell phones have become a main-stay, 'must have' item that people have gotten ruder and more stupid in general. I'd like to rip the damn things off their heads and tell 'em to come up for air.

So camp attendance is an involuntary rite of passage? What's its purpose, anyway?

If a smoking hot space alien landed in your backyard and wanted to fuck you how would you know if you didn't speak their language? How could you let them know you wanted to be fucked if you couldn't communicate with them?

Do you typically express a verbal agreement with someone else to fuck them? You initiate intimate contact and progress until you encounter resistance.

A bit speculative, don't you think? No, not even a bit. That's just reeeaaaalllyyy stretching things.

No, it's not. My 12 yr old's attention is diverted by the tv; I've seen the diversion with her friends and cell phones; I've seen it on the rare occasion she has used mine. I watched that diversion almost kill me when the guy in the other car is talking or texting on their cell phone. All is beside the point. It's not some death sentence for a kid to leave the cell phone at home for a week or two of camp.

So camp attendance is an involuntary rite of passage? What's its purpose, anyway?

No, it's just camp. It's purpose is fun with some learning and self-confidence building thrown in. Cell phones not necessary. A camera is a good idea though.

If a smoking hot space alien landed in your backyard and wanted to fuck you how would you know if you didn't speak their language? How could you let them know you wanted to be fucked if you couldn't communicate with them?

Do you typically express a verbal agreement with someone else to fuck them? You initiate intimate contact and progress until you encounter resistance.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. My 12 yr old's attention is diverted by the tv; I've seen the diversion with her friends and cell phones; I've seen it on the rare occasion she has used mine. I watched that diversion almost kill me when the guy in the other car is talking or texting on their cell phone. All is beside the point. It's not some death sentence for a kid to leave the cell phone at home for a week or two of camp.

Of course it isn't. But you seem to think it is when they bring it.

No, it's just camp. It's purpose is fun with some learning and self-confidence building thrown in. Cell phones not necessary. A camera is a good idea though.

Well, damn, like I said, it's sounding more and more compulsory by the minute. :lol:

You don't *force* people to have fun. They have fun in their own way. And if one of those ways is calling someone and telling them what happened that day, then it seems as valid a means of having fun as a letter would be.

It sounds kind of silly. Just as a safety issue, every child should be allowed to have a cell phone. Pay phones are almost non-existent now. I would say skip the camp, if they don't allow cell phones. I'm sure there are others that have more reasonable rules.

Really? Did you ever go to camp as a kid? I know they didn't have cell phones back then, so what did they do if a child got hurt and they had to contact the parents?

rotary-phone.jpg

they used the "landline". what a concept!

anyone who thinks it onerous to deprive a kid of their cell/ipod/gameboy/ whatever for one or two weeks is way past fucked in the head, imo.

Hey!! You have my phone. I'd recognize it anywhere :)

Oh yes, Skenazy was the one who was lynched by the soccer mom brigade for having the audacity to allow her 9 year old son to ride the subway by himself.

I couldn't believe she did what she did and then decided to write about it.

Why I Let My 9-Year-Old Ride the Subway Alone - April 1, 2008 - The New York Sun

I don't think I will be following her advice anytime soon.

Helicopter .... your kids will never truly grow up either.

I may give you some leeway because you don't at this point have kids of your own, but how does wishing to accompany a 9 year old child on the subway consititute in some way as being a "helicopter parent?" I use to take the NYC buses and subways all the time as a kid, but we all know that those days were a lot merrier and carefree than they are today. As a parent, I have to make a decision how old is old enough for my children to take the subway by themselves. We're not talking about bickering with the teacher about B on an assignment entitled "What I Did During Summer Vacation?" (Which incidentally, never happened in our family.) This is a safety issue.

For those parents who believe that a cellphone or a Blackberry would diminish the camping experience, the solution is simple. Have the cellphone/Blackberry confiscated at the first instance of it being used at an inappropriate time. The children who don't abuse the privilege will hold onto their equipment while the kids who can't help themselves will lose them on the very first day. We all assume that all kids addicted to texting. Not true.

Forum List

Back