Teenager Charged With Starting California Wildfire (was smoking pot)

Middleman

Defender of the month
May 16, 2010
Northwestern United States
FOXNews.com - Teenager Charged With Starting California Wildfire

So, was he charged with arson, recklessness, or pot smoking? If someone has an accident while lighting a cigarette, that causes a wildfire, should they really be held criminally responsible? Does the pot make this more serious or does it excuse him, since if it were legal maybe he wouldn't have had to go out in the brush land.

I know I used to smoke pot back when I was that age, and I certainly had to go hide out somewhere to do it.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- A 14-year-old boy has been booked on arson charges after deputies said he confessed to accidentally starting a 40-acre wildfire north of Los Angeles as he was trying to smoke marijuana.

LA County Sheriff's Capt. Mike Parker says two 14-year-old boys from Saugus were detained just after the fire that briefly threatened about 50 homes was knocked down Sunday afternoon.

Parker says one of the boys was released after the other boy said he started the fire when he dropped a barbecue lighter as he was trying to light a pot pipe.

Parker says the second boy had showed up shortly after the fire started and tried to help put it out, but the two boys fled when they couldn't control it. Their names were withheld because of their age.

So, you're saying he shouldn't be held responsible? I say fry his little ass.

Dude has to be a total asshat!

He dropped the lighter and burned the entire countryside..... :lol: What a dork!

weed.gif

Canyon Fire evacuees allowed to return home...
icon5.gif

Evacuees return to homes threatened by Southern California wildfire
Sept. 27, 2017 -- A fast-moving wildfire in Southern California has been contained well enough that officials said Wednesday they will allow evacuees to return to their homes.
The Canyon Fire forced the evacuation of roughly 1,500 residents of Corona, about 20 miles east of Anaheim, earlier this week. The fire burned about 2,000 acres along the border between Orange and Riverside counties, but Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Larry Kurtz told the Los Angeles Times Wednesday morning that the fire was 20 percent contained.

Evacuees-return-to-homes-threatened-by-Southern-California-wildfire.jpg

The Canyon Fire in Southern California was about 20 percent contained Wednesday morning, when officials allowed evacuees to return to their homes.​

At about 10 a.m. Wednesday, the city of Corona Fire Department said in a news release that they had lifted all evacuation orders, allowing only residents to enter the area the fire previously threatened. But Kurtz cautioned the fire has not "completely been mopped up."

Officials from the fire authority said there have been no reported injuries, adding that the fire damaged three structures, KABC-TV, Los Angeles, reported. The fire started Monday and increased in size from 550 acres to around 1,500 in a couple hours.

Evacuees return to homes threatened by Southern California wildfire

Forum List

Back