Teen Stabbed Man With Ice Pick Over Parking Spot, Police Say

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I"m glad the teen didn't have a gun, we would never hear the end of it then. Since it was an ice pick the story will be dead after Christmas.

ADULTS should never be identified as teens. At 18 she is an ADULT. Teen implies child.

I agree. That's what's so aggravating about those who bitch about "kids" being "indoctrinated" by college professors. Bullshit. They're adults. They can think for themselves.

That's the way the left wants it. They want to take advantage of the last few formative years they can get their hands on.

ADULTS should never be identified as teens. At 18 she is an ADULT. Teen implies child.

I agree. That's what's so aggravating about those who bitch about "kids" being "indoctrinated" by college professors. Bullshit. They're adults. They can think for themselves.

That's the way the left wants it. They want to take advantage of the last few formative years they can get their hands on.

Formative?

LOL

With the exception of the rare child prodigy, college students are adults. I think it's ironic that many of those I see get upset at military personnel being referred to as "kids" are the same ones who claim college students (of the same age group as those in the military) are helpless children in need of protection against indoctrination by those big, bad professors.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — A Missouri teenager is accused of stabbing a man with an ice pick in a dispute over a parking spot.

Caitlen Watkins, 18, of Springfield was charged Monday in Greene County with first-degree assault and armed criminal action.

Teen Stabbed Man With Ice Pick Over Parking Spot, Police Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

They need to put her sorry ass in prison and never let her out. Ever!
...and let me comment on the rest of the story.

Police say, you say?
Apparently, it is written.

link said:
According to court documents, Watkins and a passenger in her car confronted another driver Sunday in the parking lot of a shopping center after he took a parking place Watkins wanted.

...and I gather remembered by people who saw it...

link said:
Witnesses told police (...)

...and to stab a man six times with an icepick is to attempt to murder him...

link said:
(...)a fight broke out and the other driver was stabbed half a dozen times with a wooden-handled, 5-inch ice pick. Police say the other driver suffered a punctured kidney.
...and five other puncture wounds.

link said:
A judge set Watkins' bond at $75,000. She did not have a lawyer. She has not yet had a hearing or entered a plea.
Don't worry! The ACLU is already looking into her defense and we will pay government lawyers to defend this hideous creature.

However, not having seen a certified security camera video of the entire scene, including the parking of the first vehicle, I cannot...without a shadow of doubt say that the nice young lady did it. The man could have fallen on his own ice pick.

I"m glad the teen didn't have a gun, we would never hear the end of it then. Since it was an ice pick the story will be dead after Christmas.
Shortly hereafter, there will be a ban on ice picks. Next will be bats...then lead pipes...

It was obviously the availability of the ice pick that caused this man's unfortunate injury...and brush with death. I wonder who it was that saved his life by pulling the maniacal bitch off him.

No. You have been corrected once already. A teen is a human being being between 13 and 19 inclusive. A minor is a human being being under 21. An adult is a human being being over 20.

I think there have been cases where teens younger than 18 were tried as adults.

Physical age is not necessarily linked to behavior. The bitch certainly wasn't behaving as a child would.

I haven't seen her picture yet but I bet she's a heavyweight with a scowl on her face.

Glad I moved away from that place. They're nuts.
Now, Emma. Don't generalize. She's just one bitch out of thousands.

Now, Emma. You know those professors manipulate and mold mindsets after their likeness. How silly can you be? One's formative years do not end prior to raising children.

No, teen implies teenager as in thirTEEN, fourTEEN, fifTEEN, sixTEEN, sevenTEEN, eighTEEN, and nineTEEN.

One can be a TEENager and an adult...they are not mutually exclusive.
No one can't. An adult is over 20.

Like that THUG cop waving a gun during a snowball fight in D.C.
There you go, trying to change the subject again. We're talkin' about ice picks.

...much the same as the Catholic Church wants your babies from birth. It's about mind control. "Come and let me TEACH you what is right and good," said the snake oil salesman. And to think the colleges get PAID to do it.

Formative?

LOL

With the exception of the rare child prodigy, college students are adults. I think it's ironic that many of those I see get upset at military personnel being referred to as "kids" are the same ones who claim college students (of the same age group as those in the military) are helpless children in need of protection against indoctrination by those big, bad professors.
Wrong on several counts.
  • some people never grow up, even years after college
  • kids are baby goats
  • not all professors are big
  • not all professors are bad
  • and the most glaring...a child prodigy would not be an exception

Don't worry! The ACLU is already looking into her defense and we will pay government lawyers to defend this hideous creature.

What's your point? Are you suggesting she shouldn't be represented by counsel? Should we just send her to prison based on the newspaper report?

Or do you just have something against the ACLU?

Shortly hereafter, there will be a ban on ice picks. Next will be bats...then lead pipes...

It was obviously the availability of the ice pick that caused this man's unfortunate injury...

Don't you think an eighteen year-old girl with an icepick in a shopping center parking lot in December is a rather odd situation? Maybe the easy availability of the icepick actually was the difference between injury and angry words.

two links to interesting articles from a decade ago

TEEN CRIME - TIME

In May [of 1997] the House passed a bill that would give $1.6 billion to states that agree to toughen their handling of kids who commit serious felonies, in part by making it easier to try them as adults. Last week the Senate Judiciary Committee was pushing forward on a similar bill, in the hope of bringing it to a vote this month. "People are expecting us to do something about these violent teenagers," committee chairman Orrin Hatch complained as he tried to speed through more than 100 proposed amendments. "We've got to move on this."

In truth, the problem isn't quite as pressing as it was a few years ago. With crime rates dropping, so is juvenile crime.

Bashing Youth

Media Myth: 'Teenage' Violence

On "teenage" violence, the media picture is similarly skewed: "Teen Violence: Wild in the Streets" (Newsweek, 8/2/93), "Kids and Guns"(Newsweek, 3/9/92), "When Killers Come to Class" (U.S. News, 11/8/93), and "Big Shots" (Time, 8/2/93) all follow a standard format. The lead-in details the latest youth mayhem, followed by selected "facts" on "the causes of skyrocketing teen violence": adolescent depravity, gun-toting metalheads, TV images, rap attitude, gang culture, lenient youth-court judges. And perhaps (in a few well-buried sentences) such small matters as poverty, abuse, racial injustice, unemployment and substandard schools.

Given the emphasis on "teen" violence, a California Department of Justice report (8/13/93) comes as a shock: It found that 83 percent of murdered children, half of murdered teenagers and 85 percent of murdered adults are slain by adults over age 20, not by "kids"--or, in President Clinton's stock phrase (AP, 11/14/93), "13-year-olds...with automatic weapons." In fact, FBI reports show 47-year-olds (people Clinton's age) are twice as likely to commit murder than are 13-year-olds.

two links to interesting articles from a decade ago

You seem to be suggesting we reserve judgment of the girl until we know more. Is that right?

no. i was posting two articles relating to the way this piece of news is reported.

with the emphasis on "teen".

I see; teens are less violent than adults.

I think that's probably true. I'd like to know what it was about this girl's life which made her think she had to carry an icepick and why she felt she had to use it against a guy who didn't threaten her.

It was obviously the availability of the ice pick that caused this man's unfortunate injury...

Don't you think an eighteen year-old girl with an icepick in a shopping center parking lot in December is a rather odd situation? Maybe the easy availability of the icepick actually was the difference between injury and angry words.
There you go...blaming the ice pick.

What's your point? Are you suggesting she shouldn't be represented by counsel? Should we just send her to prison based on the newspaper report?

Yes.

There you go...blaming the ice pick.

Of course, the possibility of banning tools which can be used as weapons is very unlikely. However, I think you were getting ready to do a riff on gun control. Is that right?

Yes.

Don't you think someone should defend civil liberties?

why does she need the aclu exactly? why not just your ordinary run of the mill court appointed attorney? doyathink?

You seem to be suggesting we reserve judgment of the girl until we know more. Is that right?

no. i was posting two articles relating to the way this piece of news is reported.

with the emphasis on "teen".

I see; teens are less violent than adults.

I think that's probably true. I'd like to know what it was about this girl's life which made her think she had to carry an icepick and why she felt she had to use it against a guy who didn't threaten her.

don't know. but lock her up forever. forever and ever amen.

New Topics

Forum List

Back