CDZ Teen Pregnancy

I grew up in a small town in the country on a farm. People respected each other, everyone knew each other, kids didn't want to disappoint the adults and knew what was expected of them. Ma'am and Sir was a common thing to hear. It's rare to hear those 2 words from kids today. Society has broken down, and along with that, the expectations and morals of many went with it. People are allowed to get away with far too much because of excuses that are mostly made up. Responsibility has become lost.

Because kids do understand what adults expect from them, they often feign ignorance about sexual issues. Studies here and abroad have mentioned this. And the almost ubiquitous nature of smartphones today makes this even more likely. Kids today know much more about sex than those just a generation ago. Knowing about it makes them curious, so teaching them about it is common sense.

The school district where I live starts teaching about it in elementary school - 5th grade. It continues throughout middle and high school. One class required has 'fake' babies that the kids have to take care of for one week. These dolls are programmed to mimic what an infant needs for care - cry when hungry, needs diaper changed, wants to be held, rocked, etc etc etc. Some are even programmed to have colic. All are programmed to cry throughout the night nearly every 3 hours, just like a newborn would. Their heads are 'floppy' just like a newborn and must be supported. The dolls record all actions (time, date, what was done or not done, etc) and the kids are graded on this. My daughter said that nearly every student in her class didn't want kids after having to take care of the dolls for a week. If this isn't in all of the schools nationwide, it should be.

Beats an egg. :) Sounds like a great idea. Though I'd think it's not gonna discourage sex so much as PIV sex. :)
PIV???

I remember those dolls in one of the schools I was in.

The boys would grab them and bitchslap shit out of them, so the girls looked negligent when they read the recorders in them.

It was all quite the joke.

I grew up in a small town in the country on a farm. People respected each other, everyone knew each other, kids didn't want to disappoint the adults and knew what was expected of them. Ma'am and Sir was a common thing to hear. It's rare to hear those 2 words from kids today. Society has broken down, and along with that, the expectations and morals of many went with it. People are allowed to get away with far too much because of excuses that are mostly made up. Responsibility has become lost.

Because kids do understand what adults expect from them, they often feign ignorance about sexual issues. Studies here and abroad have mentioned this. And the almost ubiquitous nature of smartphones today makes this even more likely. Kids today know much more about sex than those just a generation ago. Knowing about it makes them curious, so teaching them about it is common sense.

The school district where I live starts teaching about it in elementary school - 5th grade. It continues throughout middle and high school. One class required has 'fake' babies that the kids have to take care of for one week. These dolls are programmed to mimic what an infant needs for care - cry when hungry, needs diaper changed, wants to be held, rocked, etc etc etc. Some are even programmed to have colic. All are programmed to cry throughout the night nearly every 3 hours, just like a newborn would. Their heads are 'floppy' just like a newborn and must be supported. The dolls record all actions (time, date, what was done or not done, etc) and the kids are graded on this. My daughter said that nearly every student in her class didn't want kids after having to take care of the dolls for a week. If this isn't in all of the schools nationwide, it should be.

Beats an egg. :) Sounds like a great idea. Though I'd think it's not gonna discourage sex so much as PIV sex. :)
PIV???

The boys would grab them and bitchslap shit out of them, so the girls looked negligent when they read the recorders in them.

Sorry, slipped into clinician mode. :) PIV = Penis in Vagina

PIV???

The district here requires the boys to take care of them as well. That 'project' is the final exam in that class.

I think that is a fantastic idea. That shows these girls just a tiny bit about the struggles they would face if they had a baby. It's not an easy life even with social services supports, unlike what some would have you believe. Some girls seem to think that having a baby will be like babysitting. They just don't realize all of the responsibilities that come with raising a child. Also, it gets even more difficult as they age. Taking care of babies is the EASY part. :)

PIV???

The district here requires the boys to take care of them as well. That 'project' is the final exam in that class.

Yes, that would be a great program for both the boys and the girls.

Forum List

Back