Teen Mothers and Adoption

It cracks me up that so many of you are against teens putting up their babies for adoption instead of aborting them or trying to raise them when they themselves are too young for the challenges of parenthood.

This crosses all political lines imo.........

I see how happy the children and the parents that adopted them are, it's a shame some of you can't see how this is benificial to all involved.

Personally, I'm all for adoption. Adoption has made my family a bigger and better one. I think it's great. But.... I would prefer that we also teach kids that abstinence is the smart way.

Again, it's not one campaign, it's a series of campaigns, focusing on different messages from different 'celebrities'. And, the focus of the Candie's Foundation is abstinence. And I see no problem with that. Having said that, I do think that a campaign talking about the positives of adoption would be a great idea.

Last edited:
it is also generally a good idea to ignore input by kim kardashian style posters.

Cali of course relates to Bristol, so she doesn't understand that the majority of people are not spoiled rich girls who have everything handed to them.:razz:

I understand that petty jealous people have issues with others. And I find it sad that you are one of them. You make huge assumptions about my life... when in fact, you know jack shit about it. You think that makes you look clever? Cuz it really doesn't.

I happen to think the ad is a good one. Because it shows kids a reality about being a single teen mom. Whether it's Bristol Palin or someone else is of no consequence.

So making a large pay check and being on Dancing with The Stars is reality for single mom's?
Well, I will be waiting for my invitation, since you say that is reality.

You make huge assumptions about my life... when in fact, you know jack shit about it.
I will remember that when you make one of your marijuana comments.

It cracks me up that so many of you are against teens putting up their babies for adoption instead of aborting them or trying to raise them when they themselves are too young for the challenges of parenthood.

I see how happy the children and the parents that adopted them are, it's a shame some of you can't see how this is benificial to all involved.

"all involved"?

I does not crack me up and it makes me very sad that people can be so dismissive of what mothers, teen and otherwise, go through during pregnancy. Not to mention the agony of having to abandon their newborn.

What do the birth mothers get out of it? Yes, some are paid good money to do what they do or given gifts but the baby brokers are the ones who really cash in. I think it's a shame how young girls are manipulated and used to supply the adoption industry.

Personally, I'm all for adoption. Adoption has made my family a bigger and better one. I think it's great. But.... I would prefer that we also teach kids that abstinence is the smart way.

Again, it's not one campaign, it's a series of campaigns, focusing on different messages from different 'celebrities'. And, the focus of the Candie's Foundation is abstinence. And I see no problem with that. Having said that, I do think that a campaign talking about the positives of adoption would be a great idea.
There are adopted children in my family too. It worked out nice for the kids and the parents but not so great for the birth mothers.

Cali of course relates to Bristol, so she doesn't understand that the majority of people are not spoiled rich girls who have everything handed to them.:razz:

I understand that petty jealous people have issues with others. And I find it sad that you are one of them. You make huge assumptions about my life... when in fact, you know jack shit about it. You think that makes you look clever? Cuz it really doesn't.

I happen to think the ad is a good one. Because it shows kids a reality about being a single teen mom. Whether it's Bristol Palin or someone else is of no consequence.

So making a large pay check and being on Dancing with The Stars is reality for single mom's?

You make huge assumptions about my life... when in fact, you know jack shit about it.

The only time I comment on your personal life is when you raise mine. You shut up lying about my life, and I'll shut up raising painful facts about yours. Deal?

Whether Bristol Palin did DWTS or not is not really of any consequence. When she did it, she wasn't glamorizing single teen moms, she was making some money. Clearly, people earning a living is offensive to you. But I'd prefer a single parent pay their own way than sponge off the rest of us. But it's currently an individual choice. She makes hers. You make yours. I wouldn't criticize you for yours, or her for hers.

The only time I comment on your personal life is when you raise mine. You shut up lying about my life, and I'll shut up raising painful facts about yours. Deal?

Whether Bristol Palin did DWTS or not is not really of any consequence. When she did it, she wasn't glamorizing single teen moms, she was making some money. Clearly, people earning a living is offensive to you. But I'd prefer a single parent pay their own way than sponge off the rest of us. But it's currently an individual choice. She makes hers. You make yours. I wouldn't criticize you for yours, or her for hers.

I am not the one who said they had a problem with celebrities glamorizing single parenthood. ;) I was just pointing how hypocritical you are. So when other celebrities do it, it is glamorizing it? but when Bristol does it, she is just earning a living? Got it.
And as for the marijuana comment, sure that is how it started. :lol::lol:
So, are you saying I sponge of others? or was that a general comment? hmmm?

if some of the suggestions as to the impertinence of this ad are hung up on the money she took or has via her mom or that is sppt. her mom gives her, lack of real poverty, then it would be consistent to, say, take the same line with, Madonna or Angelina Jolie(?)

I am not the one who said they had a problem with celebrities glamorizing single parenthood. ;) I was just pointing how hypocritical you are. So when other celebrities do it, it is glamorizing it? but when Bristol does it, she is just earning a living? Got it.
And as for the marijuana comment, sure that is how it started. :lol::lol:
So, are you saying I sponge of others? or was that a general comment? hmmm?

No, I'm not at all surprised that you have no problem with celebrities dragging their kids around like fashion accessories... nor am I surprised that you don't get the problem with glamorizing that behavior. Nor am I surprised that, for you, teens having kids is not a problem, but someone making an effort to show those kids a dose of reality is a problem to you... no, none of that surprises me at all.

And, as for the MJ comment, yea, that is how it started.... with you making dumbassed remarks about my personal life. What goes around comes around.

And... the 'sponge' comment was general... if it hit a nerve, perhaps there is a nerve to hit. Hardly my problem... though, yet again, I am not surprised that you choose to make it such.

After reading the train wreck that is the Bristol Palin thread and her being a spokesperson for teen motherhood, it made me wonder......

Wouldn't it have been better if they chose a teen that gave her baby up for adoption?

Now I know Bristol Palin has a lot of family support and money to help her care for her child, but most teens don't.

So.........................

Seems to me a girl who is in her teens and not ready to take up the responsibility of teen motherhood and doesn't want to abort her baby would consider giving up her baby for adoption.

There are many families out there waiting to be parents. I know first hand, my brother and his wife adopted 2 children because my SIL had Lupus and couldn't have children. One of my best friends adopted a boy a few years ago and has been on the waiting list for another child.

What do you think?

Thread-Crap-Parental_Advisory.gif
Yes. Apparently del's thread wasn't going the way some wanted, so we have another.

These Palin haters are :cuckoo:. Maybe the high price of gas has caused them to go crazy.

Forum List

Back