Teen Mothers and Adoption

And exactly what is the truth ? Teen mothers run the entire gamut from worthless to great. Do you really think they are all planning to be on DWTS ?

Some might, after seeing Bristol or something like it. Her life says, that even though you are a teen mom you can still be rich. Has she even gone to college at all?
In reality a teen mom is probably never going to be rich, her kids father isn't going to be in Playgirl, and she wont be rewarded for acting like a brat.

When they wanted to scare teens about meth us here they didn't get some glamorous celebrity who had done meth. They put some white trash meth heads picture on the campaign, with meth bites and all. That is reality. Being poor, living pay check to pay check with a kid's father who doesn't contribute or is a loser is reality.

Everybody has witnessed the battering Bristol has been subjected to. She's been the butt of late night talk show jokes, a running punchline for comedians, she's been called disgusting names; her baby daddy has shit all over her publicly.

Being a single parent is tough regardless of whether or not you have money. There are plenty of girls who might have a harder time of it financially, but none that are so well known...

I felt bad for Bristol, especially with being forced into the spotlight when she was pregnant. I personally think Palin should have said no, to spare her daughter but that is another subject. I stopped feeling bad for her the moment she snickers at the teacher for saying she was a teacher. In the moment she proved she was a disrespectful little girl who needed to grow up.
I still bad for her child, he has to deal with the fact his father is a total dbag who has the brain power of a fly.

Not sure if this is true, I heard that if you are pre-planning to give the baby up for adoption, then at birth they don't even let the mom see the baby. The doctors just take the baby out of the room right away so that there's not time for as much of an emotional bond to form. That's pretty gut-wrenching.

But I think just generally that's probably what's best for the kid. You don't want the baby crying at night because little dude's got an empty stomach and you can't do ANYthing about that because you have NO money until the paycheck deposits in two days, so all you can do is hear your kid cry in hunger and think how terrible a parent you are because you can't provide even the basic thing. That's got to be even more gut-wrenching.

I think it is up to the birth mother now, not sure, but I think it is up to her. If I was in that situation I have no idea what I would want. I thought about it for a moment when I first got pregnant, but there is no way I could have.

Simpy put, the organization that hired her are idiots and have no clue what the fuck they are doing. How could they? Didnt they THINK about who they asked to be spokesperson before choosing Bristol? Obviously not. Which means, in my opinion, they arent very smart.

In answer to the OPs question...yeah. IF the child that is now a mother wishes to do so. Or for ANY woman that wishes to do so. Those that do that have the ultimate heart, because they are thinking more of the baby than they are thinking of themselves. Isnt that how it should be?

I know someone who suffered much guilt after giving up her baby. She has said many times that this story saved her sanity....and her life.

The Judgment of Solomon refers to a story from the Hebrew Bible in which Solomon ruled between two women both claiming to be the mother of a child.

The story is recounted in 1Kings 3:16-28. Two young women who lived in the same house and who both had an infant son came to Solomon for a judgment. One of the women claimed that the other, after accidentally smothering her own son while sleeping, had exchanged the two children to make it appear that the living child was hers. The other woman denied this and so both women claimed to be the mother of the living son and said that the dead boy belonged to the other.

After some deliberation, King Solomon called for a sword to be brought before him. He declared that there is only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy's true mother cried out, "Please, My Lord, give her the live child—do not kill him!" However, the liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaimed, "It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!" Solomon instantly gave the live baby to the real mother, realizing that the true mother's instincts were to protect her child, while the liar revealed that she did not truly love the child. The reputation of the king greatly increased when all the people of Israel heard of this wise judgment.

Some might, after seeing Bristol or something like it. Her life says, that even though you are a teen mom you can still be rich. Has she even gone to college at all?
In reality a teen mom is probably never going to be rich, her kids father isn't going to be in Playgirl, and she wont be rewarded for acting like a brat.

When they wanted to scare teens about meth us here they didn't get some glamorous celebrity who had done meth. They put some white trash meth heads picture on the campaign, with meth bites and all. That is reality. Being poor, living pay check to pay check with a kid's father who doesn't contribute or is a loser is reality.

Everybody has witnessed the battering Bristol has been subjected to. She's been the butt of late night talk show jokes, a running punchline for comedians, she's been called disgusting names; her baby daddy has shit all over her publicly.

Being a single parent is tough regardless of whether or not you have money. There are plenty of girls who might have a harder time of it financially, but none that are so well known...

I felt bad for Bristol, especially with being forced into the spotlight when she was pregnant. I personally think Palin should have said no, to spare her daughter but that is another subject. I stopped feeling bad for her the moment she snickers at the teacher for saying she was a teacher. In the moment she proved she was a disrespectful little girl who needed to grow up.
I still bad for her child, he has to deal with the fact his father is a total dbag who has the brain power of a fly.
Now now, Jeff Goldblum is supposed to be very bright

After reading the train wreck that is the Bristol Palin thread and her being a spokesperson for teen motherhood, it made me wonder......

Wouldn't it have been better if they chose a teen that gave her baby up for adoption?

Now I know Bristol Palin has a lot of family support and money to help her care for her child, but most teens don't.

So.........................

Seems to me a girl who is in her teens and not ready to take up the responsibility of teen motherhood and doesn't want to abort her baby would consider giving up her baby for adoption.

There are many families out there waiting to be parents. I know first hand, my brother and his wife adopted 2 children because my SIL had Lupus and couldn't have children. One of my best friends adopted a boy a few years ago and has been on the waiting list for another child.

What do you think?

Thread-Crap-Parental_Advisory.gif

This story is kind of goofy, but some folks are level headed enough to make this decision correctly.

220px-Junoposter2007.jpg

Ben Stein adopted his son from a woman who was matched with the Steins when she was only 4 months along. It made it easier on everyone.

Teen agers are not really that up to the job, and if you are the type to get knocked up that young, you are even less qualified.

Just watched Juno yesterday, great movie. I also love the message.

Yeah it is about adoption, but in my opinion the real message is. No matter how dysfunctional your family is, it can be more of a family than a "normal" family. And that even though you are not someone's birth mother(step mom and adopted mom), you can still be the true mother in the situation.

Now now, Jeff Goldblum is supposed to be very bright

If you don't believe it, just ask him.
To me he seems to have a very large ego, kind of like Levi.

Simpy put, the organization that hired her are idiots and have no clue what the fuck they are doing. How could they? Didnt they THINK about who they asked to be spokesperson before choosing Bristol? Obviously not. Which means, in my opinion, they arent very smart.
Actually, they did. They hired an outside marketing research firm specializing in the teen demographic to see what sort of impact some candidates for the spokesperson position would have. Of the choices, Palin scored best.

The conclusion you jumped to is without foundation.

After reading the train wreck that is the Bristol Palin thread and her being a spokesperson for teen motherhood, it made me wonder......

Wouldn't it have been better if they chose a teen that gave her baby up for adoption?

Now I know Bristol Palin has a lot of family support and money to help her care for her child, but most teens don't.

So.........................

Seems to me a girl who is in her teens and not ready to take up the responsibility of teen motherhood and doesn't want to abort her baby would consider giving up her baby for adoption.

There are many families out there waiting to be parents. I know first hand, my brother and his wife adopted 2 children because my SIL had Lupus and couldn't have children. One of my best friends adopted a boy a few years ago and has been on the waiting list for another child.

What do you think?

Thread-Crap-Parental_Advisory.gif
Yes. Apparently del's thread wasn't going the way some wanted, so we have another.

Actually, they did. They hired an outside marketing research firm specializing in the teen demographic to see what sort of impact some candidates for the spokesperson position would have. Of the choices, Palin scored best.

The conclusion is my opinion, hon. We all have one. Mine is just different from yours.

It's not a one off. The Candie Foundation does a lot of campaigns surrounding teen mothers. Why does everyone think this is an 'either/or' situation? It's not. Maybe they should do a campaign focusing on adoption. But that does not negate the validity of having Bristol Palin emphasis that it's not a smart move to have a child when you're still a child yourself.

Maybe our celebrity culture should stop glamorizing single parenthood and maybe celebrities should stop using their kids as fashion accessories?

Yet The Candie Foundation is using a "celebrity" as their spokesperson.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Yet... the Candie's Foundation is using a 'celebrity' who's using her own experience to teach other kids 'don't do what I did, it really isn't that glamorous'. I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how that is a bad thing.

They planned their latest campaign using research showing that this was an appropriate method to educate their audience.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a valid reason why this campaign is a bad thing. No one seems to be able to do that.

The conclusion is my opinion, hon. We all have one. Mine is just different from yours.
Cool. Good to know that when you are given some foundation showing that your conclusion that they 'obviously' did not do something is flat wrong, you still stick with it. It must work well for you.

Just a suggestion: Call me Si modo, Si, or modo. Terms of endearment often don't sit well with me coming from someone who is not my fiancee or my mother. Unless you think you have some sort of relationship with me that is at that level of intimacy, don't bother patronizing me with using one on me.

It's only a suggestion.

Cool. Good to know that when you are given some foundation showing that your conclusion that they 'obviously' did not do something is flat wrong, you still stick with it. It must work well for you.

Just a suggestion: Call me Si modo, Si, or modo. Terms of endearment often don't sit well with me coming from someone who is not my fiancee or my mother. Unless you think you have some sort of relationship with me that is at that level of intimacy, don't bother patronizing me with using one on me.

It's only a suggestion.
OK dearie.

You know. I just have to wonder what Amanda would say about all this.

It cracks me up that so many of you are against teens putting up their babies for adoption instead of aborting them or trying to raise them when they themselves are too young for the challenges of parenthood.

This crosses all political lines imo.........

I see how happy the children and the parents that adopted them are, it's a shame some of you can't see how this is benificial to all involved.

It's not a one off. The Candie Foundation does a lot of campaigns surrounding teen mothers. Why does everyone think this is an 'either/or' situation? It's not. Maybe they should do a campaign focusing on adoption. But that does not negate the validity of having Bristol Palin emphasis that it's not a smart move to have a child when you're still a child yourself.

Maybe our celebrity culture should stop glamorizing single parenthood and maybe celebrities should stop using their kids as fashion accessories?

Yet The Candie Foundation is using a "celebrity" as their spokesperson.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Yet... the Candie's Foundation is using a 'celebrity' who's using her own experience to teach other kids 'don't do what I did, it really isn't that glamorous'. I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how that is a bad thing.

They planned their latest campaign using research showing that this was an appropriate method to educate their audience.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a valid reason why this campaign is a bad thing. No one seems to be able to do that.

Maybe our celebrity culture should stop glamorizing single parenthood
Kind of like putting Bristol on Dancing with the Stars????

it is also generally a good idea to ignore input by kim kardashian style posters.

Cali of course relates to Bristol, so she doesn't understand that the majority of people are not spoiled rich girls who have everything handed to them.:razz:

I understand that petty jealous people have issues with others. And I find it sad that you are one of them. You make huge assumptions about my life... when in fact, you know jack shit about it. You think that makes you look clever? Cuz it really doesn't.

I happen to think the ad is a good one. Because it shows kids a reality about being a single teen mom. Whether it's Bristol Palin or someone else is of no consequence.

Forum List

Back