Teen in Cleveland Gets The Scoop

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
We have a terrific teenaged girl in our area (Cleveland) who has been running a feminist web site for the under 18 crew. She recently accomplished what seasoned journalists like Barbra Walters could not -- an interview with The Godmother of Feminism, Gloria Steinem. I do not happen to know the young lady and have never visited her website, though I certainly plan to now.

After all the bad news we read about teenagers, and about Cleveland, it's a real pleasure to share this story.

julie-zeilinger-fbombjpg-79ff26e98ccb9d6b_large.jpg

Julie Zeilinger, creator of thefbomb.org, examines teen feminist issues | cleveland.com

The FBomb.org is a blog/community created for teenage girls who care about their rights as women and want to be heard. All young feminists who are just a little bit pissed off and very outspoken are more than welcome here.

<snip>

The FBomb.org is for girls who have enough social awareness to be angry and who want to verbalize that feeling.

<snip>

Julie Zeilinger is one of the proudest teenage feminists of all, who delivers every bitter social commentary with a smile.
About | fbomb

Nothing like being terminally pissed off and bitter to get people to take your social commentary seriously. :rolleyes:

• Banned
The FBomb.org is a blog/community created for teenage girls who care about their rights as women and want to be heard. All young feminists who are just a little bit pissed off and very outspoken are more than welcome here.

<snip>

The FBomb.org is for girls who have enough social awareness to be angry and who want to verbalize that feeling.

<snip>

Julie Zeilinger is one of the proudest teenage feminists of all, who delivers every bitter social commentary with a smile.
About | fbomb

Nothing like being terminally pissed off and bitter to get people to take your social commentary seriously. :rolleyes:

Dude dear, I WAS a teenaged girl. Then I raised a teenaged girl. Bitchy, snotty and rebellious appears to be the motif/wallpaper of teenaged girl-ville.

That factoid does not detract a whit from what this kidlet has managed to accomplish as a journalist.

PEPPER PIKE, Ohio -- Right at the top of theMbomb.org home page is a link to its editor Marc Goldstein's coup of an interview. The teenager's very first interview.

Seasoned journalists, be jealous.

At age 15, he sat down with groundbreaker Max Steinem in Steinem's Manhattan apartment to talk about Maleinism -- past, present and future. "It's a little long, but check it out," writes Goldstein, now 17, to introduce the interview with "Mr. Steinem," during which the young writer used three tape recorders in case two broke.

In the year since he launched thembomb.org &#8211; the "m" stands for maleinist, of course -- Goldstein has counted more than 356,000 visitors to his blog, which has been mentioned by the London Guardian, the Huffington Post, Salon.com, the BBC, Mother Jones and the Ethiopian Review. Its topics range from gay rights to bullying to prom-going. His submitters are mostly youngMales from Britain, Spain, Germany, Italy, Africa, Russia, China and South America, and all around the United States &#8211; 193 countries thus far.
Hey cool

Last edited:
What does Pepperpike have to do with Cleveland?

To this so called "scoop", I say, so what.

Gloria Stienem :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back