Teen charged in NJ Walmart racial comment case

Gross overreaction

Bias laws exist to protect people from significant abuse. Disrespect is not abuse

This is hardly about politics. It was a stupid kid pulling a stupid prank. This is a gross overreaction by the authorities in NJ. Get a grip NJ.

This is where hate crimes will lead us. There will be two offenses intimidating and racial intmidating.

Gross overreaction

Bias laws exist to protect people from significant abuse. Disrespect is not abuse

That is what a lot of white southerners said about blacks. They had to have bias laws to protect them from raping their women.

A thread of this story already has been posted in the Race Relations/Racism forum.

Teen charged in NJ Walmart racial comment case - Yahoo! Finance

Charges of harassment and bias intimidation??? Bias intimidation? What is that? Who made that up? Jeez!

This is a contender for the Dumbest Arrest of 2010 award. He was probably trying to impress his friends so he pulled a stoopid prank. He gets arrested for a prank while Bush and Obama are responsible for many innocent deaths yet they get rewarded with Libraries. This is the Age of Paradox.

Yea his parents are probably die-hard Liberals who voted for Obama. He was just being stupid. Total overreaction by the NJ authorities. They're dumber than this kid is.

That's why walmart needs to do something about their intercoms, anyone can walk up to it and say whatever the hell they please. I am sure if the accident involved disrespectful remarks towards Christianity, the response would be different.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech isn't absolute, especially not on private property! You can't yell fire in a crowded building. This is on the same lines as that!

Sorry Rabbi, but that's a poor argument!

You can't yell fire in a crowded building. This is on the same lines as that!
No it is not.
This was a juvenile prank, as should be obvious to the most casual observer. Rewarding the prank with attention is not the way to dissuade others from mimicking the prank.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater (when there is no fire) is apt to cause a panic and injury or death. What the teen did would not cause panic, hence it is not the same.

That's why walmart needs to do something about their intercoms, anyone can walk up to it and say whatever the hell they please. I am sure if the accident involved disrespectful remarks towards Christianity, the response would be different.

Oh...so you are saying that racism does not get as much attention as bias against christianity?

Get out much?

You can't yell fire in a crowded building. This is on the same lines as that!
No it is not.
This was a juvenile prank, as should be obvious to the most casual observer. Rewarding the prank with attention is not the way to dissuade others from mimicking the prank.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater (when there is no fire) is apt to cause a panic and injury or death. What the teen did would not cause panic, hence it is not the same.

Correct...this was a childish prank and the culprit probably had no idea how serious the ramifications of this prank are.

Anyone who makes this more than that is one that is looking to stir up more trouble than is necessary.

Charges of harassment and bias intimidation??? Bias intimidation? What is that? Who made that up? Jeez!

A good lawyer will get him off.

A mediocre lawyer will be able to show how the kid had no idea how serious his actions could be percieved.

Personally, I laughed when I heard what he did. Any black person that actually left the store or was at all insulted by this prank needs to re-evaluate what they are all about.

A good lawyer will get him off.

A mediocre lawyer will be able to show how the kid had no idea how serious his actions could be percieved.

Personally, I laughed when I heard what he did. Any black person that actually left the store or was at all insulted by this prank needs to re-evaluate what they are all about.

But this is NJ, home state of racial grievance politics.

And lawsuits. I hope to hell some a-hole doesn't try to sue Walmart for getting their feelings hurt by some punk.

BTW - racist comments from both whites and blacks are tolerated in many schools. Kids generally get a detention and maybe a "talkin to", if that. Maybe he should sue his school for not preparing him for the real fucking world.

Forum List

Back