Teen arrested after cab driver alerts police to alleged massacre plot

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

An Oklahoma high school student was arrested after a cab driver reported hearing him plot a Columbine-style shooting at his school, police said.

Timmy Eike, 18, who would have been a senior this fall at Woodward High School, was arrested Tuesday after police found a shotgun, rifle and 250 rounds of ammunition in his bedroom, according to KWTV, News 9.

According to KWTV, court records show Eike bought those weapons illegally in the past month.

Law enforcement authorities were led to Eike by a cab driver who told the station he drove Eike to work at Walmart several times in recent weeks, and the teen spoke of killing people, hiding bodies and getting out of the country.

"I did what I figured anybody else would have done," said the cab driver, who wishes to remain anonymous.

Eike is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and lying to a licensed dealer about his mental condition, according to KSWO-TV.

A judge will decide on Monday whether he can be released on bond

Read more: Teen arrested after cab driver alerts police to alleged massacre plot | Fox News

The cab driver potentially saved the lives of several highschool students. Another Columbine in the making.

An Oklahoma high school student was arrested after a cab driver reported hearing him plot a Columbine-style shooting at his school, police said.

Timmy Eike, 18, who would have been a senior this fall at Woodward High School, was arrested Tuesday after police found a shotgun, rifle and 250 rounds of ammunition in his bedroom, according to KWTV, News 9.

According to KWTV, court records show Eike bought those weapons illegally in the past month.

Law enforcement authorities were led to Eike by a cab driver who told the station he drove Eike to work at Walmart several times in recent weeks, and the teen spoke of killing people, hiding bodies and getting out of the country.

"I did what I figured anybody else would have done," said the cab driver, who wishes to remain anonymous.

Eike is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and lying to a licensed dealer about his mental condition, according to KSWO-TV.

Read more: Teen arrested after cab driver alerts police to alleged massacre plot | Fox News

The cab driver potentially saved the lives of several highschool students. Another Columbine in the making.

"Lying to a dealer about his mental condition" - so people have to be honest when buying a gun? That needs to be changed.

Good for the cab driver.

OMG we see the law working and doing what it is supposed to do. I would imagine this happens a lot and we never know.

You know things like psychotics being denied firearm sales, people calming down and not needing a gun, and things like that.

"Lying to a dealer about his mental condition" - so people have to be honest when buying a gun? That needs to be changed.

Why? People who are psychotic shouldn't be near guns period. Puts the public safety at risk.

I'm sure this was an isolated incident as other other mass murders and attempts at such ares.

The gun control lobby need to understand, people have the right to defend themselves against people with legally held guns that were bought for self defence.
It doesn't make any difference how many people are murdered, one man with a gun may just stop a mass murder.
It's not happened as yet but it will on one of these mass murders.....sooner or later.

You'll see.

Why? People who are psychotic shouldn't be near guns period. Puts the public safety at risk.

Insane people dont murder at any greater rate than the general population if we want to base it on statistical odds it would be blacks that we should withhold gun rights from...not that I am advocating that

Of course and I agree. But the article says that the boy lied to the dealer about his condition. Does this not mean he said he had mental condition, when in fact, he did?

Forum List

Back