Ted Turner Says Global Warming will Lead to Cannibalism

I don't know what's so hard to get. If you took land used for meat and turned it over to food processing and made humanity primarily vegetarian (maintaining smaller animal populations for food and diverstity) you could make up for any loss to ethanol or oil.

The problem is is that ethanol (and any grown plant based alt fuels) results in a net energy loss, ie you get less energy out than you put in. Same with farming from animals, however the latter is far more institutionalized than the former.

Hydrogen cells are far more energy efficient and energy rich than ethanol or electric cars.

Man is not a vegetarian species. We are omnivores, without meat in our diet you have to have some very specific types of non meat food sources or vitamins to replace what you lose by not eating meat.

Man is not a vegetarian species. We are omnivores, without meat in our diet you have to have some very specific types of non meat food sources or vitamins to replace what you lose by not eating meat.

I had a teacher in high school who did not eat meat....he ate veggies and took supplements. His skin was orange and oily. Very nasty...he looked unhealthy IMO. Weak and feeble. I even made him cry by making a fart noise with my hands. If a veggie only diet causes that, I want no part of it. I love fart noises. LOL

I had a teacher in high school who did not eat meat....he ate veggies and took supplements. His skin was orange and oily. Very nasty...he looked unhealthy IMO. Weak and feeble. I even made him cry by making a fart noise with my hands. If a veggie only diet causes that, I want no part of it. I love fart noises. LOL

No, one can be healthy as a vegetarian, BUT you have to make sure you replace what you are losing by not eating meat. It takes a little work, nothing extremely hard, BUT it does take work and it takes specific things to ensure your healthy.

Specific foods or vitamins are required. An Officer I had in the Marine Corps was a Vegetarian ( well he tried, hard to do and meet mission requirements) He said one source of replacement was several types of beans.

The point though is we are NOT vegetarian, we are omnivores, we need meat.

No, one can be healthy as a vegetarian, BUT you have to make sure you replace what you are losing by not eating meat. It takes a little work, nothing extremely hard, BUT it does take work and it takes specific things to ensure your healthy.

Specific foods or vitamins are required. An Officer I had in the Marine Corps was a Vegetarian ( well he tried, hard to do and meet mission requirements) He said one source of replacement was several types of beans.

The point though is we are NOT vegetarian, we are omnivores, we need meat.

I agree, I know I do anyway....Nothing like a two-day marinated rib-eye over the grill with some grilled onions and potatoes...and of course, a Coors-light!! IT"S BLUE!!!:eusa_dance:

I've got a feeling a few people here have already bought the canned food and the shotguns.

You need more than that. I suggest a long range rifle, bolt action is fine, a medium range rifle, assault weapon semi automatic style with high capacity magazines, a Shotgun for in close work with double O and slugs as well as bird shot for hunting, and a Pistol for personal safety in tight spots, suggest a semi auto though a good revolver works too.

As for food you want at least one and probably 2 years worth of canned goods, dry goods, flour, salt, sugar and powdered milk as well as as much bottled water as you can store. I suggest you have fuel stored as well.

If you are serious I would suggest a place outside a major urban environment. Makes storage and protection an easier feat. If you have to remain in a city and travel to your site, I suggest a pistol shotgun and semiautomatic rifle for every adult in your group with a minimum of 500 rounds of ammo for the rifle. I suggest you keep one vehicle fueled all the way at all times and that if your travel takes more than one tank of fuel you have some means of refueling planned out.

I also suggest you have a community of friends to help survival odds go up.

Just a suggestion.

You need more than that. I suggest a long range rifle, bolt action is fine, a medium range rifle, assault weapon semi automatic style with high capacity magazines, a Shotgun for in close work with double O and slugs as well as bird shot for hunting, and a Pistol for personal safety in tight spots, suggest a semi auto though a good revolver works too.

As for food you want at least one and probably 2 years worth of canned goods, dry goods, flour, salt, sugar and powdered milk as well as as much bottled water as you can store. I suggest you have fuel stored as well.

If you are serious I would suggest a place outside a major urban environment. Makes storage and protection an easier feat. If you have to remain in a city and travel to your site, I suggest a pistol shotgun and semiautomatic rifle for every adult in your group with a minimum of 500 rounds of ammo for the rifle. I suggest you keep one vehicle fueled all the way at all times and that if your travel takes more than one tank of fuel you have some means of refueling planned out.

Just a suggestion.

You've done your homework....nice.

I just bought a Taurus 9mm...PT 24/7. Love it...Shot a hog with it the other day...Consistently accurate at about 20-25 yards.

Speaking of rifles...I've got a Howa Model 1500--.308. Love it also. Best rifle I've owned. Drive nails with it. (Shot a hog with it last weekend---I'm not sure how far he was...but I shot, counted a about a second and a half and watched the bullet hit. Longest shot I've ever made... that .308 is bad A. I'd suggest it for a survival rifle any day.

Just a suggestion.

Damn good assessment. I'll have to keep working on the arsenal. I'm top heavy on the handguns.

"Inaction on global warming will be catastrophic." What action pray tell do you take on something when you can't identify the cause of it?

If this is a result of Earth's cyclical climate change, Man is just going to have to suck it up and deal. If it is something Man has caused, one of these alarmist nimrods needs to identify that cause and provide conclusive evidence to support it or quit crying "the sky is falling."

Geez ...:rolleyes:

"Inaction on global warming will be catastrophic." What action pray tell do you take on something when you can't identify the cause of it?

If this is a result of Earth's cyclical climate change, Man is just going to have to suck it up and deal. If it is something Man has caused, one of these alarmist nimrods needs to identify that cause and provide conclusive evidence to support it or quit crying "the sky is falling."

Geez ...:rolleyes:

My thing, is that the warming of the Globe has been going on since the Ice Age. The earth was a ball of ice, then the ice started melting as cyclical climate change. Humans were not burning fossil fuels when this ice began to melt. The globe has been warming on a grander scale for a long time.

My thing, is that the warming of the Globe has been going on since the Ice Age. The earth was a ball of ice, then the ice started melting as cyclical climate change. Humans were not burning fossil fuels when this ice began to melt. The globe has been warming on a grander scale for a long time.

I don't dismiss that Man's impact on the environment could have an effect on global warming. Al I ask for is some REAL evidence. Not some theoretical and/or convoluted crap.

With real evidence, we THEN have something upon which to act. The Chicken Littles have been crying "do something" for quite awhile and demanding this nation or that sign up to some treaty to "do something" when not a one of them has a f-ing clue WHAT to do.

Just what we need is another bunch of stupid restrictions that only we hold ourselves accountable to for some reason, that don't amount to crap. And the Earth warms any-damned-way.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

Now, I'll be able to shoot my neighbors and I'll watch Slaughter of the Lambs a few hundred times to see how I can cook them!

I see it more of a statement about Ted Turner than I do about anything else. Remind me to never turn my back on him. Especially if he has a fork in his hand.

Forum List

Back