Ted Turner Says Global Warming will Lead to Cannibalism

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Interviewed Tuesday for Charlie Rose's PBS show, CNN founder Ted Turner argued that inaction on global warming “will be catastrophic” and those who don't die “will be cannibals.” He also applied moral equivalence in describing Iraqi insurgents as “patriots” who simply “don't like us because we've invaded their country” and so “if the Iraqis were in Washington, D.C., we'd be doing the same thing.” On not taking drastic action to correct global warming:

Not doing it will be catastrophic. We'll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-...urgents-patriots-inaction-warming-cannibalism

This is great stuff.

Taking our fricking corn meal and soy beans and turning them into oil will turn us into cannibals, though. There won't be anything left to eat. What there is, we won't be able to afford.

Didn't it snow in the midwest today??? How the hell is that global warming?:cuckoo:

Maybe we should actually listen to old Teddy..............between him and Rupert they actually know first hand what cannibalism is all about, they practice it daily!!!:eusa_think: :eusa_drool:

well.. I don't know 'bout yall but I've totally got my Mad Max, Post-apocalyptic gear dry cleaned and pressed for the new thunderdome society.

MelGibsonMadMax.jpg

Taking our fricking corn meal and soy beans and turning them into oil will turn us into cannibals, though. There won't be anything left to eat. What there is, we won't be able to afford.

Won't be anything left to eat? I haven't had corn in a couple of days, and I try to avoid soy beans as much as possible, and I'm doing ok. Unless you think most of the country lives off of strictly corn meal and soy beans.

Won't be anything left to eat? I haven't had corn in a couple of days, and I try to avoid soy beans as much as possible, and I'm doing ok. Unless you think most of the country lives off of strictly corn meal and soy beans.

If you eat canned food or processed food I suggest you READ the labels.

I don't know what's so hard to get. If you took land used for meat and turned it over to food processing and made humanity primarily vegetarian (maintaining smaller animal populations for food and diverstity) you could make up for any loss to ethanol or oil.

The problem is is that ethanol (and any grown plant based alt fuels) results in a net energy loss, ie you get less energy out than you put in. Same with farming from animals, however the latter is far more institutionalized than the former.

Hydrogen cells are far more energy efficient and energy rich than ethanol or electric cars.

I don't know what's so hard to get. If you took land used for meat and turned it over to food processing and made humanity primarily vegetarian (maintaining smaller animal populations for food and diverstity) you could make up for any loss to ethanol or oil.

The problem is is that ethanol (and any grown plant based alt fuels) results in a net energy loss, ie you get less energy out than you put in. Same with farming from animals, however the latter is far more institutionalized than the former.

Hydrogen cells are far more energy efficient and energy rich than ethanol or electric cars.

I agree with hydrogen cells...ethanol is just as expensive to harvest, transport, refine, and destribute as oil. It's got the same process, and a little more, to the pump as oil. Plant, grow, harvest, ship, refine, ship. Oil is, Harvest, ship, refine, ship. There's something lurking in the dark about bio-fuel IMO. While encouraging to go green, it'll still be monopolized by the rich energy companies.

Forum List

Back