Ted Strickland: Democrats Suffering From 'Intellectual Elitism'

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania

It kinds of sums up what I said in my thread on why the Democrats lost big time in this election cycle and if Obama and the American people can't get it through their thick craniums that the Republicans in the House and Senate they are dealing with don't care about public policy, the deficit and the people, but who's sole intent is to remove Obama from office by destroying him, they're never going to get it and Obama, the Democratic and the American people are going to suffer. This is the best time to hit the Republitards hard who are basking in the spotlight of Democratic loses they are wrongly perceiving as approval and enthusiasm for the Republitard Party when in reality is showed the failure of the Democratic Party to rally and get its own people to come out and vote in huge numbers and the blame for that falls squarely on Obama and the Democratic Party because face it, the Republitards have done diddly squat over the last two years for voters to feel enthused about them.

Obama is a foot note in history , He will be removed from office during the next cycle as the pendulum swings back He could have been a 2 termer if he had tried to govern as a centrist instead of rushing around trying to bring about the fruition of the 100 year dream.
He killed the dream and relegated himself to minimal historic interest.

It kinds of sums up what I said in my thread on why the Democrats lost big time in this election cycle and if Obama and the American people can't get it through their thick craniums that the Republicans in the House and Senate they are dealing with don't care about public policy, the deficit and the people, but who's sole intent is to remove Obama from office by destroying him, they're never going to get it and Obama, the Democratic and the American people are going to suffer. This is the best time to hit the Republitards hard who are basking in the spotlight of Democratic loses they are wrongly perceiving as approval and enthusiasm for the Republitard Party when in reality is showed the failure of the Democratic Party to rally and get its own people to come out and vote in huge numbers and the blame for that falls squarely on Obama and the Democratic Party because face it, the Republitards have done diddly squat over the last two years for voters to feel enthused about them.

I see the infection is spreading.... it's not just Fail&Go who needs to get his opinions from a comic, now you do too.

Interesting that you define yourself as a conservative and show absolutely none of the characteristics of an actual conservative. 'Check Chaser Charlie'.

Strickland is correct in theory but if the answer is that simplistic, why did Strickland allow that idiot John Kasich take the governorship away from him?

Obama is doing what he can, the Dems in congress need to develop some senblence of a fighting strategy with these teapartiers. They have to get scrappy and creative with solutions Repubs and Independents can connect with.

The strategy to demand that the tax cuts are paid for just as the unemployment benefits need to be paid for is correct. Pound on that until the tax cuts sunset if need be.

LOL
Another, EVERYBODY is out to GET the poor Obama thread.

And the Republicans didn't win a "historic" midterm election because the people WANTED them.

cracks me up.

I see the infection is spreading.... it's not just Fail&Go who needs to get his opinions from a comic, now you do too.

Interesting that you define yourself as a conservative and show absolutely none of the characteristics of an actual conservative. 'Check Chaser Charlie'.

If you're going to answer me at least answer without trolling me. I am a conservative, just not in the fashion of Republitards. I believe in cutting spending and slashing the budget, but not by giving more money to the rich and slashing from the poor, treating them like second class citizens.

I didn't quote Huffingtonpost, I quoted the person who made the statements himself since Huffingtonpost didn't make them.

LOL
Another, EVERYBODY is out to GET the poor Obama thread.

And the Republicans didn't win a "historic" midterm election because the people WANTED them.

cracks me up.

Banana-Monkey-Auto.gif

If you're going to answer me at least answer without trolling me. I am a conservative, just not in the fashion of Republitards. I believe in cutting spending and slashing the budget, but not by giving more money to the rich and slashing from the poor, treating them like second class citizens.

I didn't quote Huffingtonpost, I quoted the person who made the statements himself since Huffingtonpost didn't make them.

And it's a good thread too.

Barack Obama has made it clear from the day he was elected as president that he doesn’t believe in American exceptionalism, and has made apologising for his country into an art form. In a speech to the United Nations last September he stated that “no one nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. No balance of power among nations will hold.” It is difficult to see how a US president who holds these views and does not even accept America’s greatness in history can actually lead the world’s only superpower with force and conviction.

Growing disillusionment with the Obama administration’s handling of the economy as well as health care and immigration has gone hand in hand with mounting unhappiness with the President’s aloof and imperial style of leadership, and a growing perception that he is out of touch with ordinary Americans, especially at a time of significant economic pain. Barack Obama’s striking absence of natural leadership ability (and blatant lack of experience) has played a big part in undermining his credibility with the US public, with his lacklustre handling of the Gulf oil spill coming under particularly intense fire.

On the national security and foreign policy front, President Obama has not fared any better. His leadership on the war in Afghanistan has been confused and at times lacking in conviction, and seemingly dictated by domestic political priorities rather than military and strategic goals. His overall foreign policy has been an appalling mess, with his flawed strategy of engagement of hostile regimes spectacularly backfiring. And as for the War on Terror, his administration has not even acknowledged it is fighting one.

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown – Telegraph Blogs

Americans are currently in one of those ANTI-INTELLECTUAL phases that we tend to go through periodically.

The so called ELITE have betrayed us, so naturally the unwahsed therefore dismiss academia as just so much bullshit.

Barack Obama has made it clear from the day he was elected as president that he doesn’t believe in American exceptionalism, and has made apologising for his country into an art form. In a speech to the United Nations last September he stated that “no one nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. No balance of power among nations will hold.” It is difficult to see how a US president who holds these views and does not even accept America’s greatness in history can actually lead the world’s only superpower with force and conviction.

Growing disillusionment with the Obama administration’s handling of the economy as well as health care and immigration has gone hand in hand with mounting unhappiness with the President’s aloof and imperial style of leadership, and a growing perception that he is out of touch with ordinary Americans, especially at a time of significant economic pain. Barack Obama’s striking absence of natural leadership ability (and blatant lack of experience) has played a big part in undermining his credibility with the US public, with his lacklustre handling of the Gulf oil spill coming under particularly intense fire.

On the national security and foreign policy front, President Obama has not fared any better. His leadership on the war in Afghanistan has been confused and at times lacking in conviction, and seemingly dictated by domestic political priorities rather than military and strategic goals. His overall foreign policy has been an appalling mess, with his flawed strategy of engagement of hostile regimes spectacularly backfiring. And as for the War on Terror, his administration has not even acknowledged it is fighting one.

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown – Telegraph Blogs

obie wan has his lips planted squarely on the soros left asscheek. he looks good that way.

Americans are currently in one of those ANTI-INTELLECTUAL phases that we tend to go through periodically.

The so called ELITE have betrayed us, so naturally the unwahsed therefore dismiss academia as just so much bullshit.

well, have you seen them make any smart moves lately?

ran across this, thought it fits in this thread.:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:
December 02, 2010
Liberal Excuses for Conservative Victory
By Jay Haug
Following their electoral repudiation, the left is handing out very few mea culpas. Instead, we are getting a lot of whining, excuses, spinning, and outright distortions. Other than those 43 House Democrats who wanted someone other than Nancy Pelosi as minority leader, the Democrats, in the words of Margaret Thatcher, "are not for turning."

Contrast Democratic Party talk now, or lack of it, with 2008. When the left won, their rhetoric was all about "change has come." The verbiage crescendoed with exalted talk of imposing their agenda, elections having consequences, and compromise mandating conservative surrender, white flag in hand, to the liberal creed. Triumphal talk of "we are the people we've been waiting for" and "this is our time ... when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal" was all the rage when Democrats took Washington by storm. But the story changed dramatically a few weeks ago when liberals lost and conservatives won. As a result, we now get a peek behind the curtain at the quickly sewn fig leaves of liberal defeat.

Here then are the top nine excuses I have heard for the Democratic Party's losses in the 2010 elections -- justifications we are going to hear in abundance of over the next two years. So write 'em down now and refer back to them as often as needed.

Excuse #9. Talk Radio did us wrong. Even in victory, Barney Frank lambasted talk radio, saying that "right-wing media talk show hosts targeted me." Since the election, Rush Limbaugh has been named by Democrats from the House floor, on liberal talk shows, by Rep. James Clyburn of South Carolina, and by many others as what is wrong with America. A local lefty letter-writer to my hometown newspaper condemned the "lie spread by mean-spirited talk show entertainers" that show the power of "false and misleading information." Look for the "fairness doctrine" to be revived as a debating point, though the left has less chance to reimpose it than when they ran the U.S. House. The political left currently has no answer to conservative talk radio, which has a great advantage, namely at circumventing the liberal filter the mainstream media places on the news.

Excuse #8. Conservatives must compromise now. After every election liberals lose, the message is the same, and it is parroted by their friends in the mainstream press. "This election is evidence that the American people want Republicans and Democrats to work together." Huh? Where did they get this from? Gallup tells us that 42% of Americans call themselves conservative and 20% liberal. Why any conservative would want to compromise with a liberal while sporting a two-to-one advantage is beyond me. That is like a football team leading 42-20 at halftime and agreeing to their opponent's offer to "call it a tie." So after a sweeping conservative victory, we are supposed to believe that the message is "compromise"? The Democrats jammed through ObamaCare, bailouts, stimulus legislation, and all kinds of other pieces of hefty lefty dogma, without any compromise with Republicans, and now that the voters have rejected their agenda, they want conservatives to compromise? President Obama said it to Republicans after 2008. "I won." Conclusion? Obama got to dictate the agenda, and so he did. Now conservatives can say back to him, "We won."

Excuse #7. It's not my fault. John F. Kennedy said it. "Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan." By that standard, Nancy Pelosi is now a motherless child. "We didn't lose the election because of me," she stated. "Our members do not accept that." Why don't they? Because if they did, liberal Democrats would have to change course, something not possible by their DNA. After the election, President Obama himself made appropriate noises about his "shellacking," but when pestered by the media in his post-election news conference about changing course, he appeared to be the only one in the room unwilling to accept the voters' message and actually do something about it. Bill Clinton saved his presidency by compromising over welfare reform, proclaiming that "the era of big government is over" in 1994, when Republicans took the House of Representatives. But Obama is a lefty true believer who seems incapable of following suit.

Excuse #6. Voters are stupid. Surely one of Obama's top political gaffes was when he said at a Democratic fundraiser, "Part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now and facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time is because we are hardwired not to always think clearly when we are scared." This is a cleaned up version of the much-maligned and haughty "bitter clingers" comment during his election run. Did anyone think Obama included himself among those "not thinking clearly"? No, it is the people "who don't get me and my programs." This kind of thinking is not new among Democrats. Just ask Al Gore, who attempted to put science to a vote in the global warming debate only to finally realize that science advances by disagreement rather than a show of hands. This week, even Gore admitted that his support for corn-based ethanol in 2000 was more about politics than science.

Excuse #5. The conservative victory was purely emotional. This card has been played frequently since Peter Jennings of ABC characterized the 1994 Republican congressional victory as voters "throwing a temper-tantrum." This was regurgitated by liberal Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on September 3, 2010, when he condemned "the spoiled-brat American electorate ... the nation demands the impossible: quick, painless solutions to long-term structural problems." In fact, what the electorate recognized quickly was a hard left Democratic leadership taking the country in the wrong direction by proposing bad solutions that not only would not work, but would hamstring our economy, increase our debt, and endanger America's future.

the rest here.
American Thinker: Liberal Excuses for Conservative Victory

And it's a good thread too.

It is a good thread that she's attempting to derail with fallacious argumentation and bickering, just like a certain former governor from Alaska, but let me not feed into her nonsense.

SNIP:
December 02, 2010
By Jay Haug
Following their electoral repudiation, the left is handing out very few mea culpas. Instead, we are getting a lot of whining, excuses, spinning, and outright distortions. Other than those 43 House Democrats who wanted someone other than Nancy Pelosi as minority leader, the Democrats, in the words of Margaret Thatcher, "are not for turning."

Contrast Democratic Party talk now, or lack of it, with 2008. When the left won, their rhetoric was all about "change has come." The verbiage crescendoed with exalted talk of imposing their agenda, elections having consequences, and compromise mandating conservative surrender, white flag in hand, to the liberal creed. Triumphal talk of "we are the people we've been waiting for" and "this is our time ... when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal" was all the rage when Democrats took Washington by storm. But the story changed dramatically a few weeks ago when liberals lost and conservatives won. As a result, we now get a peek behind the curtain at the quickly sewn fig leaves of liberal defeat.

Here then are the top nine excuses I have heard for the Democratic Party's losses in the 2010 elections -- justifications we are going to hear in abundance of over the next two years. So write 'em down now and refer back to them as often as needed.

Excuse #9. Talk Radio did us wrong. Even in victory, Barney Frank lambasted talk radio, saying that "right-wing media talk show hosts targeted me." Since the election, Rush Limbaugh has been named by Democrats from the House floor, on liberal talk shows, by Rep. James Clyburn of South Carolina, and by many others as what is wrong with America. A local lefty letter-writer to my hometown newspaper condemned the "lie spread by mean-spirited talk show entertainers" that show the power of "false and misleading information." Look for the "fairness doctrine" to be revived as a debating point, though the left has less chance to reimpose it than when they ran the U.S. House. The political left currently has no answer to conservative talk radio, which has a great advantage, namely at circumventing the liberal filter the mainstream media places on the news.

Excuse #8. Conservatives must compromise now. After every election liberals lose, the message is the same, and it is parroted by their friends in the mainstream press. "This election is evidence that the American people want Republicans and Democrats to work together." Huh? Where did they get this from? Gallup tells us that 42% of Americans call themselves conservative and 20% liberal. Why any conservative would want to compromise with a liberal while sporting a two-to-one advantage is beyond me. That is like a football team leading 42-20 at halftime and agreeing to their opponent's offer to "call it a tie." So after a sweeping conservative victory, we are supposed to believe that the message is "compromise"? The Democrats jammed through ObamaCare, bailouts, stimulus legislation, and all kinds of other pieces of hefty lefty dogma, without any compromise with Republicans, and now that the voters have rejected their agenda, they want conservatives to compromise? President Obama said it to Republicans after 2008. "I won." Conclusion? Obama got to dictate the agenda, and so he did. Now conservatives can say back to him, "We won."

Excuse #7. It's not my fault. John F. Kennedy said it. "Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan." By that standard, Nancy Pelosi is now a motherless child. "We didn't lose the election because of me," she stated. "Our members do not accept that." Why don't they? Because if they did, liberal Democrats would have to change course, something not possible by their DNA. After the election, President Obama himself made appropriate noises about his "shellacking," but when pestered by the media in his post-election news conference about changing course, he appeared to be the only one in the room unwilling to accept the voters' message and actually do something about it. Bill Clinton saved his presidency by compromising over welfare reform, proclaiming that "the era of big government is over" in 1994, when Republicans took the House of Representatives. But Obama is a lefty true believer who seems incapable of following suit.

Excuse #6. Voters are stupid. Surely one of Obama's top political gaffes was when he said at a Democratic fundraiser, "Part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now and facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time is because we are hardwired not to always think clearly when we are scared." This is a cleaned up version of the much-maligned and haughty "bitter clingers" comment during his election run. Did anyone think Obama included himself among those "not thinking clearly"? No, it is the people "who don't get me and my programs." This kind of thinking is not new among Democrats. Just ask Al Gore, who attempted to put science to a vote in the global warming debate only to finally realize that science advances by disagreement rather than a show of hands. This week, even Gore admitted that his support for corn-based ethanol in 2000 was more about politics than science.

Excuse #5. The conservative victory was purely emotional. This card has been played frequently since Peter Jennings of ABC characterized the 1994 Republican congressional victory as voters "throwing a temper-tantrum." This was regurgitated by liberal Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on September 3, 2010, when he condemned "the spoiled-brat American electorate ... the nation demands the impossible: quick, painless solutions to long-term structural problems." In fact, what the electorate recognized quickly was a hard left Democratic leadership taking the country in the wrong direction by proposing bad solutions that not only would not work, but would hamstring our economy, increase our debt, and endanger America's future.

the rest here.

You forgot the best one. "THEY TREAT ME LIKE A DOG" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Strickland is correct in theory but if the answer is that simplistic, why did Strickland allow that idiot John Kasich take the governorship away from him?

Obama is doing what he can, the Dems in congress need to develop some senblence of a fighting strategy with these teapartiers. They have to get scrappy and creative with solutions Repubs and Independents can connect with.

The strategy to demand that the tax cuts are paid for just as the unemployment benefits need to be paid for is correct. Pound on that until the tax cuts sunset if need be.

There is no need to be creative with any of the solutions. We should simply look at what's actually worked in the past and do them.

Instead, we have politicians being "creative" and using the the solutions that have been known to make things worse.

SNIP:
December 02, 2010
By Jay Haug

the rest here.

You forgot the best one. "THEY TREAT ME LIKE A DOG" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When idiots can provide no real answers the best they can do is derail the thread by trolling it.

What programs would you actually cut?

Forum List

Back