Ted Stevens maybe on his way out!!

ALASKA: The Anchorage Daily News says that election workers today “will count 24,000 votes from Anchorage, the Kenai Peninsula, Southwest and Southeast Alaska.” Challenger Mark Begich (D) currently has a 1,022-vote lead over incumbent Sen. Ted Stevens (R).

Some more Q&As from the Anchorage Daily News. “What happens after today’s count? Absentee ballots arrive from overseas through Wednesday. When will it be final? Week of Dec. 1. Then what? Recount if the voters or loser asks.”

Again... many coming in from rural areas... according to Anchorage Daily News

Hmmm... the news reports had the ballots coming in from many rural areas.. conservative areas... plus the news reports stating many coming in from absentee ballots, including military... also conservative...

You were the one claiming to know the areas thanks to a blog... where I was the one stating we shall see as they actually get counted, and using the premise of more rural areas being more conservative....

You can doubt my assumption... just as I doubt any assumption by a biased blog

Actually ZirconDave (I call you that because you're artificial), those reports actually said they were from REMOTE locations, and they didn't specify if they were "conservative" or "liberal".

You were the one that made the assumption that conservatives lived in remote areas.

Speaking of remote locations, ever heard of Hippies? They're LIBERAL and they like remote locations too.

Visit Colorado for clarification.

Actually ZirconDave (I call you that because you're artificial), those reports actually said they were from REMOTE locations, and they didn't specify if they were "conservative" or "liberal".

You were the one that made the assumption that conservatives lived in remote areas.

Speaking of remote locations, ever heard of Hippies? They're LIBERAL and they like remote locations too.

Visit Colorado for clarification.

And results have shown thru numerous elections that urban areas are more liberal (gasp) and rural areas are more conservative (gasp)... not a huge contention... does that mean all rural persons are conservative? No.. you have your hippies etc.... but the adage usually holds true... in terms of a generalization of results

Again... that is no more right or wrong than the shit pulled out of someone's post on a fucking blog

Could Stevens indeed lose? Yep... Could just as easily have a 1100 vote advantage in the 24-25K ballots to be counted...

As stated... I have no interest in the guy... I do, however, have an interest in whether the libbies get a super majority... which is my only interest in the results of this race

The areas that remain to be counted were carried by Begich on election

night, one town is actually his hometown.

And results have shown thru numerous elections that urban areas are more liberal (gasp) and rural areas are more conservative (gasp)... not a huge contention... does that mean all rural persons are conservative? No.. you have your hippies etc.... but the adage usually holds true... in terms of a generalization of results

Again... that is no more right or wrong than the shit pulled out of someone's post on a fucking blog

Could Stevens indeed lose? Yep... Could just as easily have a 1100 vote advantage in the 24-25K ballots to be counted...

As stated... I have no interest in the guy... I do, however, have an interest in whether the libbies get a super majority... which is my only interest in the results of this race

No, but if you'd actually listen to the news without preconceived notions, you would see that Stevens has steadily lost his lead, and is now behind, and votes are still coming in, with most of them for the other guy.

Nope.......I hope he loses by 500 votes and is sent to jail.

He should be sent to jail along with those who passed the $700 billion bailout. What were they thinking handing $700 billion to one man who apparently flip flopping on what to do with taxpayers money. It's like handing $700 billion to Bill Gates so he could invest that money back into Microsoft.

He should be sent to jail along with those who passed the $700 billion bailout. What were they thinking handing $700 billion to one man who apparently flip flopping on what to do with taxpayers money. It's like handing $700 billion to Bill Gates so he could invest that money back into Microsoft.

Maybe we should bring back that good old American tradition called Revolution.

It's time for the people to take back their country.

Maybe we should bring back that good old American tradition called Revolution.

It's time for the people to take back their country.

Damn right. I say let's take out both the Republican and Democratic party. You shouldn't be running on a party-line, you should be running for this country. Second, education must root out any invisible evil devices that make a human being corrupt (there has to be a way to take out that greed trait). Third, educate people to their strengths. Fourth, find a better way to govern 200 million people and require all legislation to be voted by the people, not their representatives (since they don't seem to follow the polls as much, e.g. Bush failed economic policies, yet they want to pass the $700 billion bailout at the end of his term).

Damn right. I say let's take out both the Republican and Democratic party. You shouldn't be running on a party-line, you should be running for this country. Second, education must root out any invisible evil devices that make a human being corrupt (there has to be a way to take out that greed trait). Third, educate people to their strengths. Fourth, find a better way to govern 200 million people and require all legislation to be voted by the people, not their representatives (since they don't seem to follow the polls as much, e.g. Bush failed economic policies, yet they want to pass the $700 billion bailout at the end of his term).

Well, if the parents would actually teach their children to share once in a while, there would be no greed.

Self-centeredness breeds selfishness. Selfishness breeds greed. Greed and selfishness combined breed stupidity.

Check Paulson, Bernake and all the other 'tards for that one.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens has lost his bid for a seventh term. The longest-serving Republican in the history of the Senate trailed Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich by 3,724 votes after Tuesday's count. That's an insurmountable lead with only about 2,500 overseas ballots left to be counted. Stevens, who turned 85 Tuesday, also revealed that he will not ask President George W. Bush to give him a pardon for his seven felony convictions.

Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens loses re-election bid - washingtonpost.com

[YOUTUBE]dwnqqj5Q1BU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back