Ted Stevens is in the lead.

No, there has to be a special election if Stevens is removed.

No, there has to be a special election if Stevens is removed.

As I understand it, she can appoint herself during the time between the expulsion and the special election, which she will win of course.

There is so many absentee ballots to be counted.

Something is fishy with Alaska though. 538 has a great article on it.

Can someone tell me why Alaska had a very low voting number when their governor who had an 80% approval rating was running for VP?

Wouldn't be people be excited about this??

Can someone tell me why Alaska had a very low voting number when their governor who had an 80% approval rating was running for VP?

It's always like that. Rugged terrain makes it hard for people to get to polling places. So my friend in Anchorage says.

He approval rating is much less now.

Besides, they want to secede from the union.

Last edited:
As I understand it, she can appoint herself during the time between the expulsion and the special election, which she will win of course.

Not for two years. It is up to the Governor to appoint a replacement. Not sure if she could appoint herself, but makes for an interesting discussion.

nope, believe it or not, Chris actually has it right

And although Palin would likely face a legal challenge if she tried to appoint herself or a temporary replacement (a law passed by the Alaska Legislature after Lisa Murkowski's appointment to the Senate by her father, former Gov. Frank Murkowski, requires a special election to fill any Senate vacancies) she would certainly be the frontrunner in any race to replace Stevens.
Is Sarah Palin Nipping at Ted Stevens' Heels? - The Sleuth

amazing, after all those times he was wrong, he finally gets one right

Forum List

Back