Ted Stevens Dead in Plane Crash in Alaska..

Not going to waste a tear over Ted Kennedy or Ted Stevens. Both had questionable morals and both get to answer for that to someone in a much better position than me to do so. Politicans take heed, what do you want your legacy to be?

Treating a D and a R the same. You libs happy yet?

nope. ted kennedy was pilloried for private actions involving an avoidable accident. while his actions at the time were criticized by kennedy himself, Kennedy was never accused of selling his office like Stevens was,

the double standard is yours

RIP to both of them

Ted Stevens, like a lot of polticians, got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. But, to his credit, he didn't drown it afterward.
Do you think he learned how to swim in HS?

I like watching the liberals celebrate his death. Remember: a FORMER Republican Senator died. You guys lost Byrd, so I don't think the score is quite even yet.

Either way. Stephens' death doesn't affect politics, and it doesn't affect me. Sorry for his family's loss, but worse things could happen.

name the liberals celebrating Stevens' death, and the instances of it.:evil:

You been to the Yahoo article that was posted early today? I guess not.

Also, there's Douger's post in this very thread.

Uh, Yahoo articles aren't really a good indicator Jon. You should see one on the issue of Immigration or Obama.

I like watching the liberals celebrate his death. Remember: a FORMER Republican Senator died. You guys lost Byrd, so I don't think the score is quite even yet.

Either way. Stephens' death doesn't affect politics, and it doesn't affect me. Sorry for his family's loss, but worse things could happen.

Douger seems to be referring to ALL current members of Congress. But I guess you're one of those who want to see incumbents gone.

what is funny is that pante created a call out thread on this and now, once again, pante looks like a fool :lol:

Douger seems to be referring to ALL current members of Congress. But I guess you're one of those who want to see incumbents gone.
Douger seems to hate anything and everything American

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

progressive and leftist children at yahoo qualify as spokes people for liberals?:lol::lol::lol:

Not going to waste a tear over Ted Kennedy or Ted Stevens. Both had questionable morals and both get to answer for that to someone in a much better position than me to do so. Politicans take heed, what do you want your legacy to be?

Treating a D and a R the same. You libs happy yet?

nope. ted kennedy was pilloried for private actions involving an avoidable accident. while his actions at the time were criticized by kennedy himself, Kennedy was never accused of selling his office like Stevens was,

RIP to both of them

Ted Stevens, like a lot of polticians, got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. But, to his credit, he didn't drown it afterward.

thank you.:clap2:

this si a prime example of what passes for fairness and respect in conservative circles.

nowhere do I go after Stevens' personal life or anything outside his career as it is their careers I was mentioning.

:eusa_whistle:

I really do not care any more that Ted Stevens died than when Ted Kennedy died.
Which is to say almost none for both of them.
I am not into hero worship Nor blind partisanship and personally knew neither one of them.

Last edited:
Hands across the aisle, maybe Palin and 0bama can fly up to the funeral together.

Make sure the death certificate is from Chicago. Might still be able to restart Ted's political career one more time.

Last edited:

RIP to both of them

this si a prime example of what passes for fairness and respect in conservative circles.

nowhere do I go after Stevens' personal life or anything outside his career as it is their careers I was mentioning.

What was it that you said again...

:)

peace...

If Sen. Ted Stevens is found guilty and re-elected, it will be up to the Senate to decide whether he can keep his seat or should be expelled.

It's never happened before. Four senators in U.S. history have been convicted of crimes, but two resigned, one died and one saw his term expire before an expulsion vote took place. Two-thirds of the Senate would have to vote to expel.

The last actual expulsion of a senator occurred during the Civil War. Sen. Jesse Bright, D-Indiana, was kicked out for writing a letter to Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederate states, recommending a friend's gun manufacturing business in Texas.

Bright's letter was written a month before the Confederacy shelled Fort Sumter to start the war. He was expelled in early 1862.

Stevens is the 11th senator to be indicted for a crime. In September, on a visit to Anchorage, he said he would not consider stepping down or quitting his campaign for re-election because he expects to win his legal case.

"Put this down: That will never happen -- ever, OK?" Stevens said. "I am going to run through and I am going win this election."

Read more: Senate would decide Stevens' ultimate fate: Former Sen. Ted Stevens | adn.com

:eusa_shhh:

RIP to both of them

dumbshit.jpg

Outside his career? What the hell are you talking about? When you run for public office, your personal life is your career. Would it have had made any difference if he drowned her in his office while dictating a letter? If you're going to be a liberal apologist, grow a set and be one.

Ted Stevens was a pro-drilling, pro-oil senator from Alaska who lost his integrity by accepting gifts from special interests he would have lobbied for anyway. Ted Kennedy never had any.

Forum List

Back