Ted Stevens Dead in Plane Crash in Alaska..

Confirmation that Stevens was one of the victims:

Dave Dittman, a former aide and longtime family friend of former Sen. Ted Stevens says Stevens was killed in a plane crash near Dillingham Monday night. Nine people were on board, including former NASA Chief Sean O'Keefe. Five people were killed in the crash, but other identities were not known, nor are the conditions of the survivors.

Stevens killed in crash near Dillingham - KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source |

Attachments

• $TedStevens_20100810_111250.jpg
    $TedStevens_20100810_111250.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 94
One down. 535 to go.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIc9xjiBnto]YouTube - ‪Alaska Senator Ted Stevens GUILTY on ALL COUNTS ...McCain Palin Republican Ramifications Clear‬‎[/ame]

Did you forget this part of the story?

Ted Stevens conviction overturned
A judge has overturned Alaska Senator Ted Stevens's conviction for corruption because of mistakes made by prosecutors during his trial.
US District Judge Emmet Sullivan said the prosecutors' misconduct during the trial was the most serious he had ever seen.
"In nearly 25 years on the bench, I've never seen anything approaching the mishandling and misconduct that I've seen in this case," he said.
Prosecutors made a number of errors during the trial, justice department officials said, the chief among which was the failure to make available notes of a crucial interview in which a witness made a statement that contradicted evidence he gave later under oath.
Justice Sullivan has appointed a special prosecutor to investigate the justice department's trial team for possible criminal contempt charges.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Ted Stevens conviction overturned

I smell a global warming cause.

Recoil from that iceberg in Greenland I suspect.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

Isn't it odd how many politicians die in plane crashes though?

Did you forget this part of the story?

Ted Stevens conviction overturned
A judge has overturned Alaska Senator Ted Stevens's conviction for corruption because of mistakes made by prosecutors during his trial.
US District Judge Emmet Sullivan said the prosecutors' misconduct during the trial was the most serious he had ever seen.
"In nearly 25 years on the bench, I've never seen anything approaching the mishandling and misconduct that I've seen in this case," he said.
Prosecutors made a number of errors during the trial, justice department officials said, the chief among which was the failure to make available notes of a crucial interview in which a witness made a statement that contradicted evidence he gave later under oath.
Justice Sullivan has appointed a special prosecutor to investigate the justice department's trial team for possible criminal contempt charges.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Ted Stevens conviction overturned

Of course not... Because Douger is a Piece of Shit Liberal...

Facts are Irrelevant.

But it Served the Left and their "Free Press' well during that Election, didn't it...

:)

peace...

My condolences to those lost.

It looks like it was a DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter. I'd never heard of it, but apparently it was a small single prop commuter plane. Those things are the worst. My wife and I won't fly to certain parts of the US if we have to get on a small prop plane.

Yeah, a lot of these guys seem to die in plane crashes. I think it has to do with the sheer volume of flying they do combined with the fact that the smaller commuter plans just aren't that safe.

It looks like it was a DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter. I'd never heard of it, but apparently it was a small single prop commuter plane. Those things are the worst. My wife and I won't fly to certain parts of the US if we have to get on a small prop plane.

Yeah, a lot of these guys seem to die in plane crashes. I think it has to do with the sheer volume of flying they do combined with the fact that the smaller commuter plans just aren't that safe.

You won't catch me on one...

We Love roadtrippin' anyway.

peace...

peace...

If the alternative is a prop plane, I'm taking the car.

Sometimes for reimbursement purposes I'm required to book a flight rather than use a car. Last time I went to Ithaca my wife used a prop plane and it was the worst. I'd probably pay for the trip out of pocket rather than get on one again. Especially now I have kids.

peace...

If the alternative is a prop plane, I'm taking the car.

Sometimes for reimbursement purposes I'm required to book a flight rather than use a car. Last time I went to Ithaca my wife used a prop plane and it was the worst. I'd probably pay for the trip out of pocket rather than get on one again. Especially now I have kids.

I'm not a fan of Flying in general...

Haven't flown since 2007, MeThinks...

peace...

New Topics

Forum List

Back