Ted Koppel: Trump is right about fake news

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Journalism legend Ted Koppel feels that The New York Times and Washington Post have both ā€œdecided as organizationsā€ that President Trump is bad for America.

ā€œIā€™m terribly concerned that when you talk about the New York Times these days, when you talk about the Washington Post these days, weā€™re not talking about the New York Times of 50 years ago. We are not talking about the Washington Post of 50 years ago,ā€ Koppel said on March 7 at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in a clip that was uncovered on Monday by NewsBusters.

ā€œWeā€™re talking about organizations that I believe have, in fact, decided as organizations that Donald J. Trump is bad for the United States,ā€ Koppel said. ā€œWe have things appearing on the front page of the New York Times right now that never would have appeared 50 years ago.ā€

Koppel explained that analysis and commentary didnā€™t use to appear on the front page, but times have changed since Trump entered the world of politics.

ā€œI remember sitting at the breakfast table with my wife during the campaign after the Access Hollywood tape came out and the New York Times, and I will not offend any of you here by using the language but you know exactly what words were used, and they were spelled out on the front page of the New York Times,ā€ he said. ā€œI turned to my wife and I said, ā€˜The Times is absolutely committed to making sure that this guy does not get elected.ā€™ā€

Koppel said Trumpā€™s perception that ā€œthe establishment press is out to get himā€ is indeed accurate.

Ted Koppel: New York Times, Washington Post ā€˜decided as organizationsā€™ that Trump is bad for United States

Koppel said nothing close to your thread title. He confirmed the bias of some news organizations, beut he never said what they were reporting was fake.

Christ almighty...

Koppel said nothing close to your thread title. He confirmed the bias of some news organizations, beut he never said what they were reporting was fake.

Christ almighty...
Sure he did. He said publishing opinion and analysis on the front page is not what objective journalism is about. He said even the most respected news organizations are out to get the President. Later in the article he tells the CNN anchor that CNN would be in the toilet not if they had not gone after Trump, meaning their reporting is determine by money. Keep in mind that Koppel doesn't like Trump, but unlike the editors and reporters on the NYT and WP and CNN, etc., he is an ethical journalist.

Christ almighty...
Sure he did. He said publishing opinion and analysis on the front page is not what objective journalism is about. He said even the most respected news organizations are out to get the President. Later in the article he tells the CNN anchor that CNN would be in the toilet not if they had not gone after Trump, meaning their reporting is determine by money. Keep in mind that Koppel doesn't like Trump, but unlike the editors and reporters on the NYT and WP and CNN, etc., he is an ethical journalist.
Ted Koppel is of a bygone age of journalism that never had to justify it's very existence in the face of a hostile, potentially repressive government and it's fogbank of propaganda. America's print media could have adopted a siege mentality and refused to counter-attack but they had to punch back or wither. It may not even be a good thing but it is better than meekly following rules that somehow do not apply to Trump's propaganda machine.

Christ almighty...
Ted Koppel is of a bygone age of journalism that never had to justify it's very existence in the face of a hostile, potentially repressive government and it's fogbank of propaganda. America's print media could have adopted a siege mentality and refused to counter-attack but they had to punch back or wither. It may not even be a good thing but it is better than meekly following rules that somehow do not apply to Trump's propaganda machine.
This is what Koppel is worried about, that that publishing opinion pieces and analysis on the front page as if they were facts would cause a weak minded person like yourself would lose all ability to discern fact from propaganda.

Christ almighty...
Didnt take long for the NYT lemmings to come out.
You sound retarded.

Christ almighty...
This is what Koppel is worried about, that that publishing opinion pieces and analysis on the front page as if they were facts would cause a weak minded person like yourself would lose all ability to discern fact from propaganda.
I can tell opinion from analysis, can you?

Christ almighty...
lol The question Koppel raises is whether you can tell opinion and analysis from fact and apparently you can't even comprehend the question.

Christ almighty...
lol The question Koppel raises is whether you can tell opinion and analysis from fact and apparently you can't even comprehend the question.
I comprehend the question far better than anyone who ever swallowed a Trump tweet as the holy gospel.

Christ almighty...

Never fear, you and your friends will be of a "bygone era" also. People like you push, and push, and America gets pissed and slaps you back down. You will never win. And that is EXACTLY why you hate Trump so much...ā€¦ā€¦...because he won't allow your poo-poo to flow.

I comprehend the question far better than anyone who ever swallowed a Trump tweet as the holy gospel.
I'm not quite sure what that means but I'm certain no one has done that, so you comprehend the question better than no one.

Christ almighty...
Learn to read, shitforbrains commie.
"I'm terribly concerned that when you talk about the New York Times these days, when you talk about the Washington Post these days, we're not talking about the New York Times of 50 years ago," Koppel noted to journalist and author Marvin Kalb earlier this month. "We are not talking about the Washington Post of 50 years ago. We're talking about organizations that I believe have, in fact, decided as organizations that Donald J. Trump is bad for the United States."

Christ almighty...
"I'm terribly concerned that when you talk about the New York Times these days, when you talk about the Washington Post these days, we're not talking about the New York Times of 50 years ago," Koppel noted to journalist and author Marvin Kalb earlier this month. "We are not talking about the Washington Post of 50 years ago. We're talking about organizations that I believe have, in fact, decided as organizations that Donald J. Trump is bad for the United States."

Don't sweat it, fuckface, I can read, and comprehend, better than you can. Go back to your fantasies of Trump, and make sure you don't forget to spit on your palm...

Christ almighty...
Didn't take long for the Gestapo to put a legendary authentic journalist in his place. Good work, bootlicker.

Christ almighty...

Don't sweat it, fuckface, I can read, and comprehend, better than you can. Go back to your fantasies of Trump, and make sure you don't forget to spit on your palm...
Thatā€™s why why I exposed your ignorance and/or lie so easily. Commie.

Koppel said nothing close to your thread title. He confirmed the bias of some news organizations, but he never said what they were reporting was fake.

Christ almighty...

Thatā€™s why why I exposed your ignorance and/or lie so easily. Commie.

One of your problems is that you presume too much.

You presume that I disagree that these "news" outlets are out to get Trump. I don't, they most certainly are.

Another problem you have is that you are reading into Koppel's words something that is not there.

In his remarks, he is lamenting the fact that the front pages of the papers and the lead on most of the networks is not news but rather editorials and opinion pieces, things that, in the past were relegated to the back pages and the end of broadcasts. That was the crux of his comments.

If you were better able to comprehend his words, you would realize that he also said that their desire to get rid of Trump was probably justified.

Feel free to hold Koppel up as your new hero of the right, but make no mistake, he said nothing about "fake" news. And he is no friend of Trump.

The liberal media have proven they are nothing more than a partisan propaganda wing of the Dem party. They lie, omit, twist and spin in favor of Dem's. Its so bad SNL makes fun of them.

Forum List

Back