Ted Cruz' Father Fought Alongside Fidel Castro

Having to move to Texas would depress anyone.

I guess you would prefer someplace like Detroit, or Shit-cago.
I'd prefer a place that doesn't vote for dumbasses like George W. Bush, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, Tom DeLay, Sheila Jackson Lee, Hoe Barton, Ted Poe, and pajama boy Blake Farenthold.

That's pretty much anywhere else.

But you are ok with the folks voting for an intellectual void like Obumbler.
Every once in a while you remind me just how un-serious you actually are, by claiming the sky is green.

Any president that doesn't remain passive and unresponsive while Americans are beheaded by Isis, and who isn't so eggar to look for a reason to release 5 top terrorists from Guantanamo Bay Prison (for a charged deserter), would be an improvement.
280 Marines were blown up in Beirut and Reagan took a nap.

I guess you would prefer someplace like Detroit, or Shit-cago.
I'd prefer a place that doesn't vote for dumbasses like George W. Bush, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, Tom DeLay, Sheila Jackson Lee, Hoe Barton, Ted Poe, and pajama boy Blake Farenthold.

That's pretty much anywhere else.

But you are ok with the folks voting for an intellectual void like Obumbler.
Every once in a while you remind me just how un-serious you actually are, by claiming the sky is green.

Any president that doesn't remain passive and unresponsive while Americans are beheaded by Isis, and who isn't so eggar to look for a reason to release 5 top terrorists from Guantanamo Bay Prison (for a charged deserter), would be an improvement.
280 Marines were blown up in Beirut and Reagan took a nap.

Muammar Gaddafi challenged the United States with the "line of Death" and President Reagan bombed his palace we never heard from him again. Obama draws a red line against Syria using biological weapons, then looks for an excuse to back out. Don't act tough in front of the world if you have no intension of following through with what you say. Then again, this president has always been about making speeches.

Last edited:
Muammar Gaddafi challenged the United States with the "line of Death" and President Reagan bombed his palace we never heard from him again.
You mean until a few years later when he blew up Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland?

And Reagan did nothing about Beirut - you are confused, like all wingnuts:

Reagan decided on the air strikes in response to the Libyan role in the April 5, 1986 bombing of a West Berlin disco, in which two American off-duty soldiers were killed. Libyan agents organized the attack, which was carried out by two Palestinian men and the German wife of one of the Palestinians, who actually planted the bomb.​

Sit down, retard.

Muammar Gaddafi challenged the United States with the "line of Death" and President Reagan bombed his palace we never heard from him again.
You mean until a few years later when he blew up Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland?

And Reagan did nothing about Beirut - you are confused, like all wingnuts:

Reagan decided on the air strikes in response to the Libyan role in the April 5, 1986 bombing of a West Berlin disco, in which two American off-duty soldiers were killed. Libyan agents organized the attack, which was carried out by two Palestinian men and the German wife of one of the Palestinians, who actually planted the bomb.​

Sit down, retard.

LMAO !! You are criticizing Reagan when he at least had the backbone to follow through with what he said and engage terrorists who were killing Americans? Quite simply put, Obama hasn't been able to win the American people over with enough confidence to believe they actually feel safe under his foreign policy decisions. Blunders such as calling Al Qaeda decimated with terrorists on the run in a victory speech, only to be embarrassed over what followed at Benghazi. Then to watch Obama do nothing in response over those Americans who were beheaded. Hell, I suppose I'd be looking to other Presidents as well, over attempting the task of defending this one. If it seems like liberals are diverting attention, it's usually because they can't defend those current issues that are before them.

LMAO !! You are criticizing Reagan when he at least had the backbone to follow through with what he said and engage terrorists who were killing Americans?
Yes - because he didn't.

280 Marines were killed by terrorists in Beirut and he didn't do jack shit.

...and you still can't defend Obama's foreign policy record.

I'd much rather have a president who isn't afraid to take action in defending Americans from terrorists, than a president who would much rather release them back into the battlefield in exchange for a charged deserter. From Benghazi, to Fort Hood, to reneging a tough stance against Syria's use of chemical weapons, while remaining unresponsive to beheaded Americans, this president's foreign policy hasn't made Americans feel safe at all since he took office. You are choosing to go after a president who had stronger re-election, popularity votes, and polling numbers. If your case is to prove President Reagan was a bad president in defending Americans from terrorists, you are only hurting President Obama by comparison ... it certainly hasn't helped him. President Jimmy Carter is the only living president who's unresponsive foreign policy could possibly be any worse, great at long winded speeches and talks while really getting nothing done (do you see a familiar common thread with today's Commander-in-Chief?) Back then the nation had to wait 444 days to see American Hostages released from Iran. How many more days will we have to wait for Obama to take a tough stance against Muslim extremists, instead of being so worried of who he might offend? Perhaps what we need is a president with an actual backbone, rather than one who is more concerned with being liked in some popularity contest by the world.

Another silly, uninformed liberal OP. Are you not aware that Cruz's father did not know that Castro was a communist when he was backing him, and that he rejected Castro when he realized what he was all about?

This is as silly as the pathetic OP that bashes Cruz because he's gonna sign up for "Obamacare," i.e., he's going to sign up for the federal health care plan that's offered to all U.S. Senators, which plan happens to fall under Obamacare.

Cruz and his wife had been insured through his wife's health insurance, but his wife is quitting her job to help her husband campaign, and so Cruz is going to sign up for the same federal health plan that other Senators have--and he's *not* going to accept the subsidy that comes with the plan.
Fought with Castro for four years, while getting grades good enough to get into the U of T at Austin, after bribing an official for a student visa. Yeah, if you buy that I have a bridge you'll just adore. Rafael's life is a lie, period.

You must be kidding. Do some reading about Castro. LOTS of Cubans had no idea that Castro was gonna turn out to be a Marxist dictator who would align Cuba with Russia. Heck, President Eisenhower did not think Castro was a Marxist and was surprised when Castro began to show his Marxist colors.

Cruz's father was one of many Cubans who became disillusioned with Castro as Castro began to show his true colors.

Sheesh, can you guys ever admit anything?

Another silly, uninformed liberal OP. Are you not aware that Cruz's father did not know that Castro was a communist when he was backing him, and that he rejected Castro when he realized what he was all about?

This is as silly as the pathetic OP that bashes Cruz because he's gonna sign up for "Obamacare," i.e., he's going to sign up for the federal health care plan that's offered to all U.S. Senators, which plan happens to fall under Obamacare.

Cruz and his wife had been insured through his wife's health insurance, but his wife is quitting her job to help her husband campaign, and so Cruz is going to sign up for the same federal health plan that other Senators have--and he's *not* going to accept the subsidy that comes with the plan.
Fought with Castro for four years, while getting grades good enough to get into the U of T at Austin, after bribing an official for a student visa. Yeah, if you buy that I have a bridge you'll just adore. Rafael's life is a lie, period.

You must be kidding. Do some reading about Castro. LOTS of Cubans had no idea that Castro was gonna turn out to be a Marxist dictator who would align Cuba with Russia. Heck, President Eisenhower did not think Castro was a Marxist and was surprised when Castro began to show his Marxist colors.

Cruz's father was one of many Cubans who became disillusioned with Castro as Castro began to show his true colors.

A lot of good people fought with Castro to overthrow Bautista. No one knew he was a communist until 1961 when he finally admitted it. Even then many just couldn't believe it.

LMAO !! You are criticizing Reagan when he at least had the backbone to follow through with what he said and engage terrorists who were killing Americans?
Yes - because he didn't.

280 Marines were killed by terrorists in Beirut and he didn't do jack shit.

I'd much rather have a president who isn't afraid to take action in defending Americans from terrorists

That leaves out Reagan.

than a president who would much rather release them back into the battlefield in exchange for a charged deserter.
He wasn't charged until last month, after we got him back.

See? You're a political retard.

In fact, Cruz offered up his father to the Ag Summit attendees as an example of the right way to be an immigrant. Before coming to America, Cruz said, his father was "imprisoned and tortured in Cuba."

What Cruz did not tell the audience of crusty conservatives — and what I did not know until I got back to my writing desk a few days later — was that Cruz's father, Rafael, actually fought alongside Fidel Castro's communist forces. He was captured and jailed and beaten by the regime of Fulgencio Batista, the US-backed dictator.

Somehow, despite the fact that he was a rebel fighting alongside communists, Rafael was released from the dictator's prison sometime around 1957 and accepted to the University of Texas. He then made it to America on a student visa when a family friend bribed a Cuban crony to stamp his exit visa. How a Cuban rebel could get a visa into the United States in the 1950s without lying about aiding and abetting Castro is beyond me. Lying on a visa application is grounds for deportation.

I'd love to see the original document, Senator. I mean, if you're seriously running for president.

A few years back, when the birther conspiracy against Obama was in full bloom, Pastor Rafael Cruz told a Texas audience that he'd "like to send [Obama] back to Kenya."

President Barack Obama's father was an African Muslim. That doesn't sit well with the nativists. But Cruz's daddy was, by his son's own admission, "a guerrilla, throwing Molotov cocktails and blowing up buildings" while fighting for Castro against a US-backed regime. Hardly the Horatio Alger biography required from the hard-right.

There's more.

Rafael married an American woman named Eleanor, and they moved to Canada to chase their American dream in the Alberta oil fields. Rafael got Canadian citizenship, got drunk a lot, got his wife pregnant, and got Jesus.

At least Obama can rightfully claim that Hawaii — where he was born — is part of America. That gives the president a leg up on Pastor Cruz's son Ted, who was born in Calgary in 1970. (That's in Canada.) Pastor Cruz did not become an American citizen until 2005.

Remember, you can't be president of the United States unless you're a "natural born Citizen." The question of Cruz's nationality centers on his mother, who claims on his Canadian birth certificate to be an American citizen raised in Delaware.

I believe that his mother is an American — I'm no conspiracy kook. But Cruz is the Pied Piper of the Tea Party movement, the ones who were peddling the narrative of Obama as a mongrel Manchurian Candidate.

Certainly those people will want to see Cruz's proof of citizenship as well. Did his mother live in the United States for at least 10 years — with at least five of them coming after her 14th birthday — as required by US law at the time of her son's birth?

Maybe next time we meet in Iowa, Cruz will show me her report cards to prove it.

Interesting this is just coming out now, not when Rubio ran for office before. Wonder if the Bush's are behind this to clear Jebby's way in the Florida primary.

Plenty of people supported Castro for one simple reason: they figured ANYTHING had to be better than Batista.

So, tomorrow (Monday) is the big day. Why is Cruz declaring his candidacy at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, the Christian college founded by the Rev. Jerry Fallwell, instead of Texas? Looks like red meat for the wacko base...

When they cremated the rev fartwell he burned for two weeks because of the fat
Sonny Says:
Turn the other cheek !

Then....... close one eye and empty that thar magazine !
News from The Associated Press

In fact, Cruz offered up his father to the Ag Summit attendees as an example of the right way to be an immigrant. Before coming to America, Cruz said, his father was "imprisoned and tortured in Cuba."

What Cruz did not tell the audience of crusty conservatives — and what I did not know until I got back to my writing desk a few days later — was that Cruz's father, Rafael, actually fought alongside Fidel Castro's communist forces. He was captured and jailed and beaten by the regime of Fulgencio Batista, the US-backed dictator.

Somehow, despite the fact that he was a rebel fighting alongside communists, Rafael was released from the dictator's prison sometime around 1957 and accepted to the University of Texas. He then made it to America on a student visa when a family friend bribed a Cuban crony to stamp his exit visa. How a Cuban rebel could get a visa into the United States in the 1950s without lying about aiding and abetting Castro is beyond me. Lying on a visa application is grounds for deportation.

I'd love to see the original document, Senator. I mean, if you're seriously running for president.

A few years back, when the birther conspiracy against Obama was in full bloom, Pastor Rafael Cruz told a Texas audience that he'd "like to send [Obama] back to Kenya."

President Barack Obama's father was an African Muslim. That doesn't sit well with the nativists. But Cruz's daddy was, by his son's own admission, "a guerrilla, throwing Molotov cocktails and blowing up buildings" while fighting for Castro against a US-backed regime. Hardly the Horatio Alger biography required from the hard-right.

There's more.

Rafael married an American woman named Eleanor, and they moved to Canada to chase their American dream in the Alberta oil fields. Rafael got Canadian citizenship, got drunk a lot, got his wife pregnant, and got Jesus.

At least Obama can rightfully claim that Hawaii — where he was born — is part of America. That gives the president a leg up on Pastor Cruz's son Ted, who was born in Calgary in 1970. (That's in Canada.) Pastor Cruz did not become an American citizen until 2005.

Remember, you can't be president of the United States unless you're a "natural born Citizen." The question of Cruz's nationality centers on his mother, who claims on his Canadian birth certificate to be an American citizen raised in Delaware.

I believe that his mother is an American — I'm no conspiracy kook. But Cruz is the Pied Piper of the Tea Party movement, the ones who were peddling the narrative of Obama as a mongrel Manchurian Candidate.

Certainly those people will want to see Cruz's proof of citizenship as well. Did his mother live in the United States for at least 10 years — with at least five of them coming after her 14th birthday — as required by US law at the time of her son's birth?

Maybe next time we meet in Iowa, Cruz will show me her report cards to prove it.

Didn't you know? Both partys only allow communists to run for President these days.

So which one do you like? Do you like the chap that pretends to oppose it or Mr. Communism himself, Bernie Sanders and his wife Hillary?

There's more.

Didn't you know? Both partys only allow communists to run for President these days.

So which one do you like? Do you like the chap that pretends to oppose it or Mr. Communism himself, Bernie Sanders and his wife Hillary?
The nice thing about America is that the Sins of the Father do not taint the Blood of the Child.

So long as Cruz isn't advocating for Communism in America, he passes this particular bullshit test, and continues to have a place at the table.

Fail.

Epic Fail.

There's more.

I'm sure Obama will understand what that is like...

Forum List

Back