Ted Cruz blatant lies to push Fox News "war on cops" story

Ted Cruz caught blatantly lying about Obama to push conservative ‘war on cops’ narrative

“They’re feeling the assault from the president,” the senator continued. “From the top on down, as we see — whether it’s in Ferguson or Baltimore — the response of senior officials of the president, of the attorney general, is to vilify law enforcement. That is fundamentally wrong, and it is endangering the safety and security of us all.”

The presidential candidate made the remarks after he was asked about the shooting death of Harris County Sheriff’s Deputy Darren Goforth, who was shot 15 times at close range Friday night at a gas station near Houston — Cruz’s hometown.

Cruz complained about Obama’s “silence” on the 47-year-old deputy’s slaying, saying the president was “completely wrong” and displayed the “manifestation of the divisiveness, the partisanship and of the hostility to law enforcement that has characterized the entire Obama administration.”

However, the president personally called Goforth’s widow on Monday and issued a statement on the deputy’s death — which he described as contemptible.

Get the facts straight before you open your pie hole, mr. Harvard…asshole.
Even the "black lives matter" people are not advocating cop killing, and Fox News is seizing on random isolated incidents where black lives protestors chant things they shouldn't.

Fox and the GOP quite routinely create strawmen, but then in the political world, who doesn't.

I gues the only people I can blame are those who buy into the strawmen

I guess you didn't see the video of the BLM parade where the participants were chanting "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon".

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chant: ‘Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon’ [VIDEO]

Perhaps this is considered an "isolated incident not indicative of the whole movement"
similar to how these shootings are "isolated incidents" and don't represent a whole movement.

both sides argue as convenient to make their points.
The isolated incidents are all that Fox News will show

Ted Cruz caught blatantly lying about Obama to push conservative ‘war on cops’ narrative

“They’re feeling the assault from the president,” the senator continued. “From the top on down, as we see — whether it’s in Ferguson or Baltimore — the response of senior officials of the president, of the attorney general, is to vilify law enforcement. That is fundamentally wrong, and it is endangering the safety and security of us all.”

The presidential candidate made the remarks after he was asked about the shooting death of Harris County Sheriff’s Deputy Darren Goforth, who was shot 15 times at close range Friday night at a gas station near Houston — Cruz’s hometown.

Cruz complained about Obama’s “silence” on the 47-year-old deputy’s slaying, saying the president was “completely wrong” and displayed the “manifestation of the divisiveness, the partisanship and of the hostility to law enforcement that has characterized the entire Obama administration.”

However, the president personally called Goforth’s widow on Monday and issued a statement on the deputy’s death — which he described as contemptible.

Even the "black lives matter" people are not advocating cop killing, and Fox News is seizing on random isolated incidents where black lives protestors chant things they shouldn't.

Fox and the GOP quite routinely create strawmen, but then in the political world, who doesn't.

I guess you didn't see the video of the BLM parade where the participants were chanting "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon".

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chant: ‘Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon’ [VIDEO]

Perhaps this is considered an "isolated incident not indicative of the whole movement"
similar to how these shootings are "isolated incidents" and don't represent a whole movement.

And who is showing all the daily incidents of either
Black on Black violence,
sexual assaults and abuses happening in military ranks, in prisons,
etc. etc. etc.

There are a lot more things we don't show.
Are we going to include that in our assessments?

And what if the predominant predictor of violence is not race?
What if it's more MEN trying to exert control that's behind most of these cases?

If it's a MEN'S issue, are we going to focus on that as the common factor?
or keep harping on "race" because it's easier to target that angle in the media?

He may have called the widow, but he made no public comment on the matter as he did in the case of Michael Brown and that idiot in Baltimore.

I missed that part. Did they point rifles at officers like they did at Bundy Ranch?

Stay ignorant my friend.

If you believe that you haven't been paying attention.

Perhaps this is considered an "isolated incident not indicative of the whole movement"*

Are you reading my whole statement in context?
Do you understand the use of quotation marks?
ie, QUOTE "isolated incidents" END QUOTE
see also the BOLD FACE/Large Print

Sorry, maybe the point I was making was "too subtle"
for people reading too fast and not able to pay full attention.

Perhaps this is considered an "isolated incident not indicative of the whole movement"*

The notion that what's been happening is isolated shows that someone isn't paying attention. 8 cops dead in nine days.

He may have called the widow, but he made no public comment on the matter as he did in the case of Michael Brown and that idiot in Baltimore.

he called someone. It must be the first time in seven years he's been in office. BUT, Did he go on his national soapbox and tell all the people that "could have been his sons" to knock it off or to try and Calm things down that he's had a hand in stirring up? He only climbs on that soapbox when he can use it to stir up more hate, by claiming the police acted stupidly, or when some criminal is out looting stores like this Brown kid. people he just picks out of the air to speak about. Obama IS in all this mess and so is the Democrat party who just passed some resolution to stand with these thugs, Blacklivesmatters. So they'll try to smear anyone to distract from all of that. but they should have thought of that before

The notion that what's been happening is isolated shows that someone isn't paying attention. 8 cops dead in nine days.

the underlying cause of the segregation has been going on since the days of slavery
people have never fully resolve the issue of unequal property ownership
and this affects how we look at ownership of laws and govt

The big elephant in the room is people don't own equal property, don't decide their own tax laws
and where our income from our own labor goes, so we don't share equal sense of ownership of laws and govt.

Obama can't address this because he relies on the party system to manipulate
the sense of control and power, so that isn't equal.

What would be equal is localizing ownership and democratic management at the community level.
People would still be at unequal levels of development, but with educational outreach that
recognizes people are at different levels, this can be accommodated and not exploit people for it politically
as is happening now.

People talk about embracing diversity but keep dividing people by politics and economic class.
We need a system that acknowledges we aren't standing on equal ground yet.
And sets up means of education and training to bridge that gap instead of demonizing it.

It's not about race guys...they just talk about this story and not the one about the white guys blowing the cops head off and telling him he's going to die soon because cops lives matter. Not race, don't be silly guys

I'm sure they'll be calling this Sheriff a liar too. but millions of people has seen how Obama has had a HAND in stirring up this crap. You Obot servants can smear everyone you want, but it won't change the facts.

snip:
Sheriff Clarke to Obama: 'Stop Trying to Fix Police, Fix the Ghetto'
"President Obama has breathed life into this ugly movement."

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke appeared on Fox News a couple of times on Monday, continuing his campaign to expose the "Black Lives Matter" movement for what he believes is truly a movement that is now killing cops.

Clarke has been very vocal about placing blame on President Obama for fueling this war on police and in his appearances Monday, he did the same. He was especially sore after learning about the execution of Deputy Dan Goforth at the Texas gas station and said this on Fox & Friends:

First of all, the headline is, 'Black Man Shoots White, Defenseless Police Officer.' Because I get sick and tired when it's the other way around, when an officer defends his life, they always point out that it's a white officer shooting an unarmed black suspect.

"Look," Clarke continued, "President Obama has breathed life into this ugly movement." He goes on to call on the good, law-abiding citizens of America to counter "this slime, this filth coming out of these cop haters."

When anchor Brian Kilmeade posed that there are many people who believe that Obama has simply shed light on an underlying and ongoing problem in America, Clarke had this to say:

That is a lie. President Obama didn't shed light on anything… If anything needs to be straitened out in this country, it is the subculture that has risen out of the underclass in the American ghetto… Stop trying to fix the police, fix the ghetto.

all of it here:
Sheriff Clarke to Obama: 'Stop Trying to Fix Police, Fix the Ghetto'

Three Police Officers assassinated in a week is certainly something to be concerned about. Why are lefties ranting about "ideological purity"? They are sounding more like nazis every day.

the underlying cause of the segregation has been going on since the days of slavery

The big elephant in the room is people don't own equal property, don't decide their own tax laws
and where our income from our own labor goes, so we don't share equal sense of ownership of laws and govt.

What would be equal is localizing ownership and democratic management at the community level.
People would still be at unequal levels of development, but with educational outreach that
recognizes people are at different levels, this can be accommodated and not exploit people for it politically
as is happening now.

People talk about embracing diversity but keep dividing people by politics and economic class.
And sets up means of education and training to bridge that gap instead of demonizing it.

Not everyone is equal, that's one thing people don't seem to get. Some are born with less intelligence, some are born with club feet, some are born with a gene that will kill them before they're twenty. This notion that we should all be equal is BS. One thing that is equal and rightly so is equal rights. Some just want to be more equal than others.

Diversity? Who asks for it? If you leave humans alone they will segregate themselves with a few exceptions.

Black on Black violence,
etc. etc. etc.

What if it's more MEN trying to exert control that's behind most of these cases?

or keep harping on "race" because it's easier to target that angle in the media?
The predominant predictor of violence is poverty, and that trascends the race of the impoverished especially within impoverished races/cultures that have been exposed to wars, and the dismantling of their family structures.

By dismantling, I mean things like seperation of families during the oppression

Black on Black violence,
etc. etc. etc.

The predominant predictor of violence is poverty, and that trascends the race of the impoverished especially within impoverished races/cultures that have been exposed to wars, and the dismantling of their family structures.

By dismantling, I mean tings like seperation of families

I missed that part. Did they point rifles at officers like they did at Bundy Ranch?

Stay ignorant my friend.
I'm quite sure more than a few times the Bundy Ranch dwellers thought about killing cops

What you've done, is equate shooting cops, with cops shooting blacks.

No cops should ever be shot, except that one time that cop was shooting somone in the back, wo was running away. If the guy who got shot, hid behind a tree, and shot back, it would have been justified as self defense, but the only way for that to have worked is for it to be on video.

The "Black Lives Matter" message, as a whole, as I understand, does not advocate killing cops...it advocates awareness of situations we don't know about, or hear about, where blacks get shot in the back wile they're running away, or are unarmed.

as is happening now.

Diversity works just fine where I live.

Desegregation in the 70's was a success.

The well to do Latinos and Blacks started hanging out with well to do Whites.

The Latino and Black losers and criminals started hanging out with the White losers and criminals.

There isn't any reason to group people by race.

The only time any of those racial groups do something specific to race is when my Latino friends make Tamales at Christmas.

i suppose if they did want to kill all,cops they would advertise that...true or false.

The "Black Lives Matter" message, as a whole, as I understand, does not advocate killing cops...it advocates awareness of situations we don't know about, or hear about, where blacks get shot in the back wile they're running away, or are unarmed.

^ This is what it is SUPPOSED to mean, toxicmedia, but in reality
if people are yelling anti-cop chants referring to pigs and bacon, and threats as made
in Ferguson which the family of Michael Brown even denounced and rejected,
that is exploiting the movement to push for retaliation and projected blame to incite
people further.

There is a difference. One approach is seeking correction to prevent further problems,
the other rejection and division and exploiting those problems INSTEAD of seeking solutions.

Like the difference between the real troops fighting for freedom in Iraq with sincere democratic spirit
vs.
the abuse of the war effort to profit from
targeting and decimating the civilian population and infrastructure in Iraq

And the difference between
protesting the wrongs that were on the level of Genocide against the Iraqi people
vs.
exploiting the anti-war vote just to get elected!

Why can't we acknowledge that BOTH are going on.
there is BOTH the sincere effort behind these campaigns
AND the exploitation of that campaign to push harmful destruction.

it's not either/or if BOTH are going on.

as is happening now.

Diversity works just fine where I live.

Desegregation in the 70's was a success.

The well to do Latinos and Blacks started hanging out with well to do Whites.

The Latino and Black losers and criminals started hanging out with the White losers and criminals.

There isn't any reason to group people by race.

The only time any of those racial groups do something specific to race is when my Latino friends make Tamales at Christmas.

Dear toxicmedia
the critical "segregation" I am addressing is CLASS and this has become synonymous with PARTY

ie the party of the poor blaming the rich for being rich,
treating them automatically as part of the abusive corporate crowd who all need to be punished with more taxes, regardless who did the crimes and corruption and who didn't, just taxing people as a class and judging them for their wealth, and not going after the specific wrongdoers who committed abuses at taxpayers expense

vs

the party of the rich blaming the poor for being poor:
treating them automatically as part of the criminal population who don't deserve govt help, regardless who has committed crimes and corruption or not. Just judging people as a class for their lower education and socioeconomic state, and not distinguishing specific wrongdoers who committed crimes at taxpayers expense

People are grouping *themselves* by party, by beliefs, by who they blame as the criminal class
causing the problems and burdening the taxpayers.

Class and party segregation is probably the deepest discrimination going on right now.
And we treat it like it is the norm.

Forum List

Back