Technological solution to the pot problem

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Now the problem with pot is not pot itself. While I have never used it, I would far rather be around a bunch of potheads than a bunch of drunks. The problem is that it is illegal. And there are vast sums of money to be made in growing it as an illegal product and in incarcerating those who are caught using or growing it. And then, of course, there are the Mexican Drug Cartels.

So how do we solve this in one swell foop? Consider this. Bioengineer dandelions to produce a high amount of TCP. Not only would the Drug Cartels be out of the pot business, but the local neighborhood kids would pay you to clean the dandelions out of your lawn.

Now the problem with pot is not pot itself. While I have never used it, I would far rather be around a bunch of potheads than a bunch of drunks. The problem is that it is illegal. And there are vast sums of money to be made in growing it as an illegal product and in incarcerating those who are caught using or growing it. And then, of course, there are the Mexican Drug Cartels.

So how do we solve this in one swell foop? Consider this. Bioengineer dandelions to produce a high amount of TCP. Not only would the Drug Cartels be out of the pot business, but the local neighborhood kids would pay you to clean the dandelions out of your lawn.

Or we could remove the protectionism afforded to the drug, textile, and oil industries by simply legalizing and taxing it appropriately.

It's not just the female plant that is banned, but the male as well. It was industrial protectionism at the root to begin with, and the reefer madness bullshit was a twofer to demonize anything south of our border; that was the purpose of Hearst newspapers switching the term from Cannabis to the Spanish version of marijuana.

Do we really need to give the government another reason to imprison people?

Duuuuuuuuuuuude................

Dandelions_0.jpg

Forum List

Back