Techno

Dan might have just blacklisted you...

If by "blacklisted" you mean "put a hit out on", then you are correct, sir.

Nah, I'm not really proud of it, but i went through a big ska phase in high school, and I was a huge fan of No Doubt. And even though it's synth-crap, I really think her "Cool" was a great song.

It's old BEP, before they got the chick and "sold out"

Well, there you go, I didn't know there was a time when they didn't have the chick.

you want etheral? Or just laid back. I have a lot of laid back stuff, but it might be to creepy or loungy or whatever for you.

If you're looking for light-ish fair like DNTEL, i'll have to think and get back to you on that.

Creepy and loungy are very cool. Just something I can chill out to, I guess.

Dan said:
If by "blacklisted" you mean "put a hit out on", then you are correct, sir.

Nah, I'm not really proud of it, but i went through a big ska phase in high school, and I was a huge fan of No Doubt. And even though it's synth-crap, I really think her "Cool" was a great song.

Well, there you go, I didn't know there was a time when they didn't have the chick.

Creepy and loungy are very cool. Just something I can chill out to, I guess.

Hmmm, chilling out is my specialty. Let's see if I can hit any nails on the head.

First, right off the Garden State soundtrack, two artists:

Zero 7
Floatier and light, almost dreamish music.
Thievery Corporation
Very loungey. Back in the mid-to-late 90's when techno was the "it" thing, hipsters played this kind of stuff to feel relavent. You either like it, or you don't.

Then, if you want something a little more abstract, I might encourage you to delve into the realm of drum 'n bass and check out Photek. Very minimalistic.

For a more laid back soul/groove feel, I'd suggest you check out my favorite, DJ Shadow. I don't know if he's your style, necessarilly.

For creepier, I recommend Portishead, but it's an acquired taste, so don't dismiss it completely if you hate it right off the bat.

Have you heard of Pandora? It's a great site (and I think it's still free) where you can type in a band and it will try and play other bands that it thinks you might like (based on characteristics of the artist). I tried it for a couple days, and found a handful of artists that I liked and had never heard of.

If you have trouble tracking down any of these artists, send me a PM and I'll help you out ;) ;) nod nod.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Techno rocks.

The Crystal Method has always been a favorite of mine.
along with:
Old school Keoki
Sasha & Digweed
Daft Punk
Old school Prodigy
DJ Irene
Darude

Darude :(
BOOOO. You have what is called "Candy Raver" techno taste :)

You should listen to the latest Prodigy album, Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned; you might like it. Music for the Jilted Generation is my favorite album, barely in front of fat of the lands.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I don't like new Prodigy. Music for the Jilted Gen was the last one I liked.
Did you notice that Darude was at the bottom of my list?
haven't really heard any new stuff lately, this was all pre-deployment
so I have no idea what's new. I like trance
Blaring off-beat synth lines, eh?

Semper Fi said:
There is very little wrong with the Black Eyed Peas. Oh, and Gwen Stiffani or however you spell it is hot and a very talented musician.

I like the old No Doubt - when they were more SKA.

But "Cool" is a decent song.

And BEP - they had me at Fergie.

Forum List

Back