Technically Speaking, wasn't the Judge "Assassinated"?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Security tight at funeral for slain Arizona judge

By GILLIAN FLACCUS
Associated Press Jan 14, 1:23 PM EST

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - One day after mourning a bubbly 9-year-old slain during the attempted assassination of a congresswoman, residents and fellow jurists gathered Friday at the same Tucson church to remember a federal judge.

U.S. District Judge John Roll, who served nearly 40 years, had stopped by a supermarket meet-and-greet for Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords on Saturday when he was shot and killed, along with five others. Authorities say the shooter, 22-year-old Jared Loughner, was targeting Giffords, who was wounded along with 12 others. Giffords' husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, posted a message on Twitter Friday saying "GG" was "improving each day."

Pawtucket Times - News from the Associated Press

It's not like this Psychopath was Shooting Poorly or Randomly... He was Clearly Targeting People...

So my Question is, wasn't the Judge Assassinated?...

They don't seem to ever Refer to it that way.

And even though she is Alive, she still seems to be the Focus of the AP even when Talking about a Dead Judge.

I wonder why that is?

:)

peace...

he killed him without a doubt.

There is no evidence that he knew who he was when he shot him.

Do you mean why isn't it thought he killed the judge intentionally, mal? For starters, how would he have known the judge was going to be there?

How do we Know he didn't?... The Sheriff down in AZ is being Stingy with the Info... For Obviously Political Reasons Illustrated in his Partisan Attacks while the Bodies were still Warm...

And how do we Know the Psycho didn't hear it during the rally and ad that Person of the Government he Generally Hate to his List?...

peace...

Do you mean why isn't it thought he killed the judge intentionally, mal? For starters, how would he have known the judge was going to be there?

How do we Know he didn't?... The Sheriff down in AZ is being Stingy with the Info... For Obviously Political Reasons Illustrated in his Partisan Attacks while the Bodies were still Warm...

And how do we Know the Psycho didn't hear it during the rally and ad that Person of the Government he Generally Hate to his List?...

peace...

I suppose it is possible, mal, but there's no evidence of it as yet. By contrast, we know Giffords had publicized her appearance, so it does seem more likely she was the target.

Security tight at funeral for slain Arizona judge

By GILLIAN FLACCUS
Associated Press Jan 14, 1:23 PM EST

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - One day after mourning a bubbly 9-year-old slain during the attempted assassination of a congresswoman, residents and fellow jurists gathered Friday at the same Tucson church to remember a federal judge.

U.S. District Judge John Roll, who served nearly 40 years, had stopped by a supermarket meet-and-greet for Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords on Saturday when he was shot and killed, along with five others. Authorities say the shooter, 22-year-old Jared Loughner, was targeting Giffords, who was wounded along with 12 others. Giffords' husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, posted a message on Twitter Friday saying "GG" was "improving each day."

Pawtucket Times - News from the Associated Press

It's not like this Psychopath was Shooting Poorly or Randomly... He was Clearly Targeting People...

So my Question is, wasn't the Judge Assassinated?...

They don't seem to ever Refer to it that way.

And even though she is Alive, she still seems to be the Focus of the AP even when Talking about a Dead Judge.

I wonder why that is?

peace...

The Judge was NOT targeted -- the Democratic Congresswoman was targeted.

Stop he Hate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace...

Wake up!

The Judge went there at the last minute -- to say hello to a friend...a political opponent, not a political enemy.

I thought the same thing.

What exactly is an assassination? Does it need to be the simple murder of a public figure? Or does it need to be the targeted murder of a public official?

For example, say I was in Medieval times and I had a vendetta against Sir Wimsley, the head guard of King Luther, because he released me from my guard duties for excessive flatulance.

So, at the big festival, I took aim with my longbow at the viewing box in which was seated Sir Wimsley, King Luther, Queen Hildagaard, Prince Likkums, Princess Clitia, and Sandra the Queen's wench. I intended to hit and kill Sir Wimsley, but accidentally hit King Luther in the carotid artery...and he bled out.

Would that have been an assassination of King Luther? Or would it have been manslaughter of King Luther and attempted assassination of Sir Wimsley?

The last I read, the DOJ was trying to determine if the judge was there on official business...therefore they could charge his murder as a federal crime and get the federal death penalty.

But no, I don't think anyone thinks he was the actual target.

"Assasination" is not a legal term, xotoxi. It's just a way to convey the murder was of a public figure.

BTW, in your example, you are guilty of murder in the first. It's called "transferred intent".

What exactly is an assassination? Does it need to be the simple murder of a public figure? Or does it need to be the targeted murder of a public official?

For example, say I was in Medieval times and I had a vendetta against Sir Wimsley, the head guard of King Luther, because he released me from my guard duties for excessive flatulance.

So, at the big festival, I took aim with my longbow at the viewing box in which was seated Sir Wimsley, King Luther, Queen Hildagaard, Prince Likkums, Princess Clitia, and Sandra the Queen's wench. I intended to hit and kill Sir Wimsley, but accidentally hit King Luther in the carotid artery...and he bled out.

Would that have been an assassination of King Luther? Or would it have been manslaughter of King Luther and attempted assassination of Sir Wimsley?

as usual Madeline is an imbecilic tool.

An assassination of a public figure entails the public figure being targeted.

When a public figure is a bystander during a shooting spree, the public figure is a victim like everyone else...not targeted because they are a public figure.

gawd, Madeline...text book example of what is wrong with critical thinking skills and education in America

When a public figure is a bystander during a shooting spree, the public figure is a victim like everyone else...not targeted because they are a public figure.

gawd, Madeline...text book example of what is wrong with critical thinking skills and education in America

Thanks for clarifying that for me, mani.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, mani.

your Freudian slip is showing :redface:

The last I read, the DOJ was trying to determine if the judge was there on official business...therefore they could charge his murder as a federal crime and get the federal death penalty.

But no, I don't think anyone thinks he was the actual target.

^^^^ That.

the evidence i've seen so far leads me to believe his shooting was coincidental to the fact he was there to shoot Giffords, and everyone else was just a continuance of his desire to be killed
he did post a "goodbye friends" on his MySpace page before he went to the event

Forum List

Back