Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
You know your living in 2005 when

1. You accidently enter you password on the microwave

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three

4. You e-mail the person who works at the next desk to you

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses

6. You make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line

7.You pull into your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home

8. Every commercial on TV has a website at the bottm of the screen

9. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it

10. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile :)

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.....

2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

especially:

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses

A

# 6 works another way too.
Ever just dial the last 4 at home, then wait till it finally clicks
"crap... I'm not at work, I have to dial all 7 digits."

CivilLiberty said:
2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

especially:

A

Im very guilty of that one, to the point that they may even have e-mail addresses but I dont' know what they are. :eek:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
# 6 works another way too.
Ever just dial the last 4 at home, then wait till it finally clicks
"crap... I'm not at work, I have to dial all 7 digits."

I did that a few times!! :laugh:

I have some more......

13. You take your cell phone or wireless to the bathroom with you, in case you get called

14. You watch TV, surf the web,send emails to one friend, IM another and talk on a cell phone to yet another all at the same time

15. You've surfed the web while out on your deck, patio or front porch

16. You IM your mother at least once a week

17. Each member of your family has their own computer

18. Instead of reading the newspaper at breakfast, you pull up the Drudge Report

19. You post on USMB first thing in the morning, and last thing at night.

19a. While at work, you check USMB to see if you've gotten rep points lately

20. You listen to the radio or watch TV over the web

21. You've asked people out on dates by email instead of calling them

22. On your keychain, you have a USB disk and/or your work keyfob

23. You know who "Commander Taco" is, furthermore, you don't think there is anything strange about the fact that there is a person CALLED "Commander Taco"

24. You can't discuss politics, religion or Microsoft without becoming angry

25. You did all your Christmas shopping online last season

26. Instead of going outside to see what the weather's like, you click the Weatherbug icon on your PC instead

27. You won't tell your next door neighbor anything personal, but have confided your life's story on an online bulletin board like this one

28. You've sent money to your kid in college using PayPal (or for that matter, paid your alimony, child support, given your kid his/her allowance, tipped the paperboy/papergirl in the same way)

29. You don't get junk mail any longer, but you get tons of SPAM

30. You think the expression "All your Base Are Belong To Us" is hilarious

31. You actually get the joke "There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't"

32. Your "honey do" list is on your Palm Pilot

33. You've commuted to work by walking to the kitchen or bedroom

34. You've attended business meetings while dressed in your pajamas

35. You have one phone number but several email addresses

36. Your social circle consists of people known as "firefoxrules", "hackerkid" and "LinuxAddict", and you don't know their real names

37. You are fluent in several languages, but can only speak English (barely)

38. You consider Bill Gates to be a menace to society (and you consider Linus Torvalds - the creator of Linux- to be a saint)

39. You broke up with your girlfriend/boyfriend because he or she "went to the other side" and started using a Windows computer

40. You haven't paid any of your bills with a check or with cash in years

41. For Valentine's Day, you've given your sweetheart something from thinkgeek.com

42. Your love life requires you have a broad band connection! ;-)

43. Instead of keeping a diary, you have a blog

44. You keep your grocery list on your palm pilot, too

45. You cell phone your significant other from the grocery store to make sure you get the right brand of toothpaste

46. You send out party invitations and instead of providing an address, you give the GPS coordinates.

47. You can't imagine how people had sex before computers came along ;-)

48. You post your wedding pictures, pictures of your kid's communion, Bar Mitzvah, vacation pictures on a website instead of mailing them to your friends.

49. Same thing with Christmas Cards

50. You arrange for the (plumber, landscaper, building contractor) to email you instead of calling you

51. You can't pay your credit card bill because you forgot your password

52. You start referring to your family members as [email protected], [email protected], etc.

53. Your computer crashes and you go into withdrawal

KarlMarx said:
I have some more......

13. You take your cell phone or wireless to the bathroom with you, in case you get called

14. You watch TV, surf the web,send emails to one friend, IM another and talk on a cell phone to yet another all at the same time

15. You've surfed the web while out on your deck, patio or front porch

16. You IM your mother at least once a week

17. Each member of your family has their own computer

18. Instead of reading the newspaper at breakfast, you pull up the Drudge Report

19. You post on USMB first thing in the morning, and last thing at night.

19a. While at work, you check USMB to see if you've gotten rep points lately

20. You listen to the radio or watch TV over the web

21. You've asked people out on dates by email instead of calling them

22. On your keychain, you have a USB disk and/or your work keyfob

23. You know who "Commander Taco" is, furthermore, you don't think there is anything strange about the fact that there is a person CALLED "Commander Taco"

24. You can't discuss politics, religion or Microsoft without becoming angry

25. You did all your Christmas shopping online last season

26. Instead of going outside to see what the weather's like, you click the Weatherbug icon on your PC instead

27. You won't tell your next door neighbor anything personal, but have confided your life's story on an online bulletin board like this one

28. You've sent money to your kid in college using PayPal (or for that matter, paid your alimony, child support, given your kid his/her allowance, tipped the paperboy/papergirl in the same way)

29. You don't get junk mail any longer, but you get tons of SPAM

30. You think the expression "All your Base Are Belong To Us" is hilarious

31. You actually get the joke "There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't"

32. Your "honey do" list is on your Palm Pilot

33. You've commuted to work by walking to the kitchen or bedroom

34. You've attended business meetings while dressed in your pajamas

35. You have one phone number but several email addresses

36. Your social circle consists of people known as "firefoxrules", "hackerkid" and "LinuxAddict", and you don't know their real names

37. You are fluent in several languages, but can only speak English (barely)

38. You consider Bill Gates to be a menace to society (and you consider Linus Torvalds - the creator of Linux- to be a saint)

39. You broke up with your girlfriend/boyfriend because he or she "went to the other side" and started using a Windows computer

40. You haven't paid any of your bills with a check or with cash in years

41. For Valentine's Day, you've given your sweetheart something from thinkgeek.com

42. Your love life requires you have a broad band connection! ;-)

43. Instead of keeping a diary, you have a blog

44. You keep your grocery list on your palm pilot, too

45. You cell phone your significant other from the grocery store to make sure you get the right brand of toothpaste

46. You send out party invitations and instead of providing an address, you give the GPS coordinates.

47. You can't imagine how people had sex before computers came along ;-)

48. You post your wedding pictures, pictures of your kid's communion, Bar Mitzvah, vacation pictures on a website instead of mailing them to your friends.

49. Same thing with Christmas Cards

50. You arrange for the (plumber, landscaper, building contractor) to email you instead of calling you

51. You can't pay your credit card bill because you forgot your password

52. You start referring to your family members as [email protected], [email protected], etc.

53. Your computer crashes and you go into withdrawal

My goodness Karl I can relate to everyone of those..I guess Im hopeless...........especially #53 That just happened to me and Im still reliving it :blowup:

Johnney said:
you can take every phone out of the house and id be happy!

Not a phone talker either myself, but I have to have one on me at all times for emergencies... of the ax murderer variety :laugh:

Yup, Karl's list is closer to me. I've been writing on the deck, under trees, and on vacation. Vacation and writing should be seperate activities, right?

I actually called my son this past week, asking why he hasn't been on IM, as I wanted to 'talk' to him. He said, "uh, you are?" smartass!

Kathianne said:
Yup, Karl's list is closer to me. I've been writing on the deck, under trees, and on vacation. Vacation and writing should be seperate activities, right?

I actually called my son this past week, asking why he hasn't been on IM, as I wanted to 'talk' to him. He said, "uh, you are?" smartass!

Somehow the writing and reading under the trees or on the deck makes it nicer though! Vacation that's a no no

Bonnie said:
Somehow the writing and reading under the trees or on the deck makes it nicer though! Vacation that's a no no

I know! I get up too early and stay up too late. At those ends I get bored. I guess I do need to learn to relax.

Bonnie said:
My goodness Karl I can relate to everyone of those..I guess Im hopeless...........especially #53 That just happened to me and Im still reliving it :blowup:

You can? Well.... I've had my eye on this neat gadget at thinkgeek.com (see #41)..... ;-)

Forum List

Back