Tech Question

Have you recently used a restore point?

My modem went out a couple of weeks ago. My daugher who was staying with me called the phone company and they replaced it. Some things had to be reset after that.

Have you recently used a restore point?

My modem went out a couple of weeks ago. My daugher who was staying with me called the phone company and they replaced it. Some things had to be reset after that.
Last time someone else worked on my puter I ended up with a lot of "hidden" shit.
That's been a while so I can't recall how I un-hid them.....

Anybody know WTF I'm talking about?

Yup, looks like it's a major ongoing issue. Try an older version of Google Earth and see if that works.

Google Earth: Download Google Earth for PC, Mac, or Linux

Click on Advanced Setup then select previous version 5.2.

I'll give it a try.

Oh and unless you are already using Chrome don't add it, uncheck the boxes.

Sunshine said:
Google Earth dissappeared from my computer and I can't get it back. What gives? Anyone know?
I saw someone on another site say they had the same thing happen! (Actually i haver seen a couple people saying this over the last couple years)

Its scary to think that google can remove it from your computer WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!! (However,google cannot AND SHOULD NOT be trusted so............)

I wonder if the file is marked "READ ONLY" if they can still do this?

EDIT:

I just read the thread on the other site from the 5th...

See if you have "geplugin.exe" and make a new shortcut to it AND I SUGGEST MAKING IT READ ONLY!!

Last edited:
Google Earth dissappeared from my computer and I can't get it back. What gives? Anyone know?

There is a known problem with running Google Earth with Win7. Did you recently upgrade from Vista?

You might want to restore you computer to an earlier restore point. Running system restore is safe, and you will not lose anything. It will reset your operating system back to an earlier date before the problem started.

If you choose this route it is always a good thing to run your antivirus software after doing the restore.

There is also a fix on the Microsoft website for Google Earth problems.

Forum List

Back