Tech Companies and Swaying the Vote - Clinton Confronted Over Google Ties Denial

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Hillary Clinton confronted over denying close ties to Big Tech, particularly Google | One America News Network

“The 2.6 million is a rock-bottom minimum — the range is between 2.6 and 10.4 million votes depending on how aggressive they were in using the techniques that I’ve been studying such as the search engine manipulation affect, the search suggestion effect, the answer bot effect, and a number of others they control these and no one can counteract them,” explained the researcher.

Projections show a potential shift of up to 15 million votes in the 2020 election.
-----
now, if you like who the tech companies like, you probably don't care or are all for this. but we've never had info flow this fast and be so controlled before. it was just impossible for news to go global in minutes in the 80s and hell, into the new millennia.

get the tech companies to like / support you, that's a huge shift in your favor.

this is why i think there needs to be some regulation or control. while i can pick and choose what i buy, i'm still picking and choosing from what they choose to show me w/o a hell of a lot of effort. and for the record, i would also be against this even if it benefited my personal views. at the end of the day my personal views will come and go and change along the way.

but a system that can shift the votes like this? well at a minimum that's a lot to consider.

oh goodie :5_1_12024: - another sector that swayed voters and made Hillary LOSE !

dog catchers gotta be next !!!

:spinner::spinner::spinner::spinner:

oh goodie :5_1_12024: - another sector that swayed voters and made Hillary LOSE !

while i did present this as a hillary denial of said help - my main point is that the tech companies - based on what they choose to allow, show or be found, can sway the vote - period. doesn't matter for who.

i don't want businesses having that type of power. lobbyists are bad enough. this just means they don't have to even do that now.

Hillary Clinton confronted over denying close ties to Big Tech, particularly Google | One America News Network

“The 2.6 million is a rock-bottom minimum — the range is between 2.6 and 10.4 million votes depending on how aggressive they were in using the techniques that I’ve been studying such as the search engine manipulation affect, the search suggestion effect, the answer bot effect, and a number of others they control these and no one can counteract them,” explained the researcher.

Projections show a potential shift of up to 15 million votes in the 2020 election.
-----
now, if you like who the tech companies like, you probably don't care or are all for this. but we've never had info flow this fast and be so controlled before. it was just impossible for news to go global in minutes in the 80s and hell, into the new millennia.

get the tech companies to like / support you, that's a huge shift in your favor.

this is why i think there needs to be some regulation or control. while i can pick and choose what i buy, i'm still picking and choosing from what they choose to show me w/o a hell of a lot of effort. and for the record, i would also be against this even if it benefited my personal views. at the end of the day my personal views will come and go and change along the way.

but a system that can shift the votes like this? well at a minimum that's a lot to consider.

Sorry, but the dude's numbers are bullshit.

His 2016 numbers are based on conclusions from a paper he published 4 years before that. That paper basically said if you take two politicians that nobody has ever heard of and one got all good news searches and one got all bad news searches then most people would vote for the one that got the good searches.

But it is not good logic to assume the same happens in a case like 2016 when the two people were known by everyone.

-----

His 2016 numbers are based on conclusions from a paper he published 4 years before that. That paper basically said if you take two politicians that nobody has ever heard of and one got all good news searches and one got all bad news searches then most people would vote for the one that got the good searches.

But it is not good logic to assume the same happens in a case like 2016 when the two people were known by everyone.
i don't think you can really assign actual #'s yet so i would think they're all a guess at this point. i'd even agree it's debatable at how effective a company can be in this effort.

there are going to be a segment that will simply never vote another way. genetically impossible it would seem. but how the info is presented and flows will effect many in the middle who simply don't pay attention that closely and go vote for whoever makes them happy or has the most positive "press".

but i would agree his #'s at this point are a pure stab in the dark.

while i did present this as a hillary denial of said help - my main point is that the tech companies - based on what they choose to allow, show or be found, can sway the vote - period. doesn't matter for who.

i don't want businesses having that type of power. lobbyists are bad enough. this just means they don't have to even do that now.

too late, big oil, the car boys, and the gun guys, have a lock-

my point was, and is NOBODY SWUNG VOTERS IN HILLARYS FAVOR - SHE LOST.

The new rule of the day....don't believe any of it....do your own homework and don't believe people without checking it out yourself....especially news and high tech people...they are living in a different world than the rest of us....

-----

He certainly cannot prove with any reasonable degree of certainty that his study can be applied to Trump and Hillary to accurately show how many votes Google influenced. I don't think an actual number could ever be proved.

I think the study DOES have merit in showing how Google HAS ATTEMPTED to manipulate, and how it COULD be effective, based on his previous study.

We don't need hard numbers to know that there is a problem. That's not what you are saying, is it? You are simply disputing his estimates as to the 2016 Presidential Election. If that's the case, I have no argument with you.

If you are saying this is "nothing to see here. Please disperse" then I completely disagree.

Tell that to righty citizens united. We can’t do anything about it.

Pretty sure you can't do shit so you're just being redundant

Pretty sure citizens united was disastrous and left door open for all kinds of bad shit. Thanks righties.

Did you forget to log into your other account before you posted this?
:laughing0301:

Don't have another account.

Pretty sure citizens united was disastrous and left door open for all kinds of bad shit. Thanks righties.

Pretty sure you're an ignorant idiot who does not have a clue about Citizens United and is just repeating CNN KoolAid like a trained ape.

For decades Liberals enjoyed the fact that huge unions and other entities could endorse them, and when Citizens United helped level thew playing field they squealed like the hypocrite bitches they are. Well, too bad.

What? Seriously, earlier it showed Brain replying to himself, not you.
:laugh:

Something didn't update correctly.

i think you give them too much credit. they're all fks. they give two shits about america and they have been exposed. there are alternative sites for people to go, so if they all wish to be biased, it will only be those fks on their boards. it's over. people moved. Parler.

What? Seriously, earlier it showed Brain replying to himself, not you.
:laugh:

Something didn't update correctly.

Well didn't someone just bust another's chops for not knowing how to use these high tech forums???

i think you give them too much credit. they're all fks. they give two shits about america and they have been exposed. there are alternative sites for people to go, so if they all wish to be biased, it will only be those fks on their boards. it's over. people moved. Parler.
Change a few people with different ideas, the people just follow. Human nature. Besides I don't like thinking in absolute stereotypes.

Change a few people with different ideas, the people just follow. Human nature. Besides I don't like thinking in absolute stereotypes.
if something from a social board changes someone's mind, they don't have much of a mind.

if something from a social board changes someone's mind, they don't have much of a mind.
Yet it happens so very often

Forum List

Back