Tebow wins again

Tebow and the Broncos win again!

His stats today were 210 total yards and a TD toss with a 95.4 QB rating.

5-1 under Tebow.

Have to give props to Denver's defense too. They are playing really good right now and along with Tebow, keeping the Broncos alive.

The pundits don't get it.

Tebow has only turned the ball over ONCE in six games.

The Broncos time of possession is 4 minutes longer than the opposition, because they are running the ball so much.

These two things allow for fewer possessions by the opposition and more time for the Denver defense to rest and better field position for the defense as well.

That is the beauty of Tebow.

People will always be haters at athletes. Trust me, I know something about being hated.

But everybody loves a winner.

If he wins the Superbowl, he'll get a ticker tape parade.

Denver is winning despite Tebow. The defense has picked it up and is covering for Tebows obvious limitations

But everybody loves a winner.

If he wins the Superbowl, he'll get a ticker tape parade.

And he will have earned it.

I'll be rooting for him the rest of the way, except when he plays the Pats.

I'd love to see a team win in a completely new way, it would be great for the game.

But at the moment I'm still betting against the Broncos going deep into the playoffs.

You can win with a running quarterback if you design your game plan around him.

Anything is possible I suppose, but what you claim is doable has never been done in the Super Bowl era.

Fact, not opinion.

That's because pro coaches are idiots.

If you want to see a well coached team, watch Boise State.

Chris Petersen is a genius.

Anything is possible I suppose, but what you claim is doable has never been done in the Super Bowl era.

Fact, not opinion.

:lmao:

No son, you are the idiot if you think that comparison is worth more than the gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

Chris Petersen (born October 13, 1964) is an American football coach and former player in the United States. He is currently the head football coach at Boise State University, a position he has held since the 2006 season. Peterson has guided the Broncos to two BCS bowl wins, in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl and the 2010 Fiesta Bowl. He is the first and only two-time winner of the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award, which he won in 2006 and 2009. He also won the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award in 2010.

On January 1, 2010, after leading Boise State to another undefeated regular season, Petersen was rewarded with a new five-year contract extension, with other terms of the contract to be announced later.[3] On April 22, 2010, the State Board of Education approved the new contract, which will pay Petersen $8 million over the course of the five-year deal, or $1.6 million per year. The contract also includes automatic one-year extensions to the contract each time Petersen wins at least eight regular season games.[4]

Fact, not opinion.

Peterson took over a great program. There's no question about that. Not to mention Boise State was in the WAC when he took over-up until this year.

NFL is very different than college. Star players in the NFL don't always translate to successes in the NFL. From the same program as Tebow, Chris Leak was an awesome QB when he was there. Where's he now?

Last edited:
With Orton as starter, Denver averaged 21 points scored a game and 28 given up.

With Tebow as starter, Denver has averaged 19 1/3 points scored a game and 20 given up.

With Orton as starter, Denver scored at least 20 in 4 of 5 games.

With Tebow as starter, Denver scored at least 20 in 1 of 6 games.

With Orton as starter, Denver gave up more than 20 points in 4 of 5 games.

With Tebow as starter, Denver gave up more than 20 points in 2 of 6 games.

All of this should be a clear indication that Tebow, while he has certainly brought something to the team, does not deserve the lion's share of credit for Denver's current success. Instead, it is the play of the defense that deserves the attention.

Yes, Tebow has done a better job protecting the ball. Orton had too many turnovers. Making the switch appears to have been a good idea, at least for this season. However, when you score fewer points that you were before yet suddenly win the majority of your games, the focus should be on the defensive improvement. If he does not improve his passing, Tebow will be successful only so long as his defense continues to smother the opposition. Trent Dilfer was able to win a SB by letting his defense win games and avoiding mistakes, perhaps Tebow will be able to do the same; what bothers me is giving Tebow the credit when the majority of his play argues against it.

Oh, and has already been said, college and the NFL are not the same. The talent levels are different, the amount of time with which to develop players is different, even some of the rules are different. There's no reason to assume that because something works at the college level it will work in the pros. I'm not opposed to trying new tactics at the NFL level, but saying that an option-type system doesn't work simply because NFL coaches are idiots is just silly. :lol:

Hate Tim Tebow, but I have got to give him some credit for what he has accomplished. The greatest college player ever? debateable.
The greatest college quarterback? not much of a debate, Tebow has the wins, and rings.

Tebow is the equivilant of Flutie in the NFL. He will get you wins. He will get you to .500 or better, but not more than ten wins in a season. He will get you into the playoffs, but will never get you into the Superbowl. He will be the most devestating player on the team that has him. He will cause more harm than a Terrell Owens ever could. Reason being the team that has him will asssume that they are set at quarterback when they are not. They will always be looking for that final piece to their puzzle, not realizing that their quarterback is the reason they can't win the Superbowl. Wins are good, the playoffs are good, but you play the game to win the superbowl.

Denver should try to get as many wins as they can with Tebow, pad his stats as much as they can. Get as much lipstick on the pig as possible and than trade his ass to whom ever you can sucker into taking him. Look to Miami. Elway is right about Tebow.

Hate Tim Tebow, but I have got to give him some credit for what he has accomplished. The greatest college player ever? debateable.
The greatest college quarterback? not much of a debate, Tebow has the wins, and rings.

I don't hate Tebow, but I've never been much of a Gators fan either. I have never heard, outside of Gainesville, anyone call Tebow the greatest ever. I'd have to disagree with that notion. A lot of QBs could have piloted the team the Gators had those years to success. They were that good. But yes, I believe that he deserves credit for the Broncos turn-around.

Tebow is the equivilant of Flutie in the NFL. He will get you wins. He will get you to .500 or better, but not more than ten wins in a season. He will get you into the playoffs, but will never get you into the Superbowl. He will be the most devestating player on the team that has him. He will cause more harm than a Terrell Owens ever could. Reason being the team that has him will asssume that they are set at quarterback when they are not. They will always be looking for that final piece to their puzzle, not realizing that their quarterback is the reason they can't win the Superbowl. Wins are good, the playoffs are good, but you play the game to win the superbowl.

A fair assessment.

Denver should try to get as many wins as they can with Tebow, pad his stats as much as they can. Get as much lipstick on the pig as possible and than trade his ass to whom ever you can sucker into taking him. Look to Miami.

I'd love to see the Dolphins or another Florida team get him.

Elway is right about Tebow.

John Elway couldn't find his own ass without a GPS and a sherpa guide.

Give him credit. He won again!

But I'd rather have Christian Ponder.

Did you watch the game? Give the defense credit. Without their big forced turnovers Tebow wins nothing, and I would give the gameball again to the Defense. Looking at all of Tebows wins, the Defense and Special Teams get the gameballs for those as well.

At least you are smart enough to take Ponder.

if he wore a turban there would be little controversy!

It's not his religion that stirs controversy. What stirs the controversy is that anyone who knows anything about football knows he is a horrible pro quarterback. He has been lucky enough to have his Defense and Special teams win the games for him.

No one knows why he got the start in the first place. Unless you are right and he got the start because he is a christian and no other reason. Which looks like that might be what it was.:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back