Tebow A Jet: Can The Bigots On The Left Support A Christian???

not as long as they're prepared for some of us to roll our eyes

didn't jesus say that people shouldn't make a show of their piety? and should pray in a closet???

Jesus said a lot of things...

One can cherry pick almost any one of them to fit an interpretation of any number of situations...

yeah, but he had a particular issue with hypocritical shows of religion. that whole pharisees and false prophets thingy.

and yes, i see people cherry pick from leviticus all the time... yet those same people mix fibers and don't follow the dietary laws.

but i think it's fair to say, no one has a problem with his religious beliefs... it's the show. i don't appreciate from anyone, not just him. i mean, really, does anyone think G-d cares who wins the super bowl?

There's a whole thread related to how people see his display of his faith...I don't care if he does what he does or not, nor do I believe Jesus didn't want people to openly profess their faith.... I'd say healing the sick and raising the dead were pretty open displays of faith...

Sports players have been pointing skyward thanking the Lord for ages and narry a word...

I don't care... If he can help win games, he can sacrifice chickens to the Lord in the end zone for all I care...

Why are you an ass hole all of the time? Beaten as a kid?
Wassamata? Cant handle sports trash talk?

You dropped on your head a lot as a kid?

I said the same last year when most analysts were predicting them to go pretty far. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeert, I was right.
Yay for you... You have a 50% chance of being right every time you say something...

You want a fucking medal, boy?

:lol: Hey, whatever boosts your ego kid.

The probability of being correct when discussing a team's success is not 50%. I'll let you figure that out on your own because I know you can do it.

I'll let you figure out the percentages of being right and wrong, child... Theres a 50% chance you'll figure it out...

lol

One can cherry pick almost any one of them to fit an interpretation of any number of situations...

yeah, but he had a particular issue with hypocritical shows of religion. that whole pharisees and false prophets thingy.

and yes, i see people cherry pick from leviticus all the time... yet those same people mix fibers and don't follow the dietary laws.

but i think it's fair to say, no one has a problem with his religious beliefs... it's the show. i don't appreciate from anyone, not just him. i mean, really, does anyone think G-d cares who wins the super bowl?

There's a whole thread related to how people see his display of his faith...I don't care if he does what he does or not, nor do I believe Jesus didn't want people to openly profess their faith.... I'd say healing the sick and raising the dead were pretty open displays of faith...

Sports players have been pointing skyward thanking the Lord for ages and narry a word...

I don't care... If he can help win games, he can sacrifice chickens to the Lord in the end zone for all I care...

I couldn't have said it better. :)

Tebows problem is not that he is a Christian, but that he is a marginal QB

Reggie White was a Minister but nobody cared because he was an amazing football player
The Rev was also black and his politics unknown.

He got a pass.

Tebow is only marginal because he's prone to thanking God in public, white, conservative, take your pick.

He's not the best passer out there but neither was Michael Vick at first.

Course Vick never won a National Champianship.

Yeah But Tebow has a problem that is not easy to correct at his stage of development. His problem is he throws a football in a windup motion, so he takes longer to get rid of it, and deffenses can read where the ball is going easier. Vick always had a canon, he just needed to get comfortable in the pocket.

Most athletes are very religous people, and they don't deal with much anomosity because of that, in my opinion.

i think the whole pointing skyward is kinda silly, too. but it isn't a big show. it's just kind of an acknowledgement.

re the bolded part: jet fan??? :rofl:

The dirty little secret is that the left has no moral compass. Democrats have dropped any claim to "family values" and are now the party of "a condom in every wallet". It must be nice to be a democrat politician with no moral values. You are free to snipe at republicans at will and with the hollywood elite and left wing media in your back pocket the sky is the limit on what you can get away with.

I don't see how adding Tebow as a backup (which is what he will be) QB makes the Jets a worse team...

Time will tell...

The dirty little secret is that the left has no moral compass. Democrats have dropped any claim to "family values" and are now the party of "a condom in every wallet". It must be nice to be a democrat politician with no moral values. You are free to snipe at republicans at will and with the hollywood elite and left wing media in your back pocket the sky is the limit on what you can get away with.

Still trying to sell the "Republicans are the party of family values" ?

i think the whole pointing skyward is kinda silly, too. but it isn't a big show. it's just kind of an acknowledgement.
Same difference, hon.... How about the guys who the first words out of their mouth in a post game interview is "First, I'd like to thank the Lord Jesus Christ...."?

re the bolded part: jet fan??? :rofl:
Could you tell?....;)

Same difference, hon.... How about the guys who the first words out of their mouth in a post game interview is "First, I'd like to thank the Lord Jesus Christ...."?

well, how would you feel if the same person instead stood up and said 'allah akhbar'?

and if tebow were a muslim, would you still be defending his big show of his piety?

if your answer's the same, that's fine. i'm just curious.

Could you tell?....;)

nah... couldn't tell at all. :D

I don't see how adding Tebow as a backup (which is what he will be) QB makes the Jets a worse team...

Time will tell...

I hear ya, but it is gonna be a real Dog & Pony Show. Tebow will be attacked daily by the New York Left loons. It will be a big distraction. So in that respect, it could make them a worse team. But like you said, time will tell.

Reggie White was a Minister but nobody cared because he was an amazing football player

He got a pass.

Tebow is only marginal because he's prone to thanking God in public, white, conservative, take your pick.

I'd like to hear the argument for him NOT being a marginal QB. Of course, there isn't one. You let your politics cloud your Sports. It's ok, it clouds everything you do.

Here's why he's horrendous. You go next, kay?

34th place in completion percentage. (Last place)
28th in QB Rating. (Almost last place)

-Mid-season winning streak recap:

First Tebow gets put in vs. a winning team: Detroit. He loses by an embarrassing 35 points. Then, *ALL* Versus .500 or below teams they go on a win streak, vs. whom *ALL* did not make the playoffs. Of *ALL* of these sucky sucky teams, they literally had trouble winning each of these games, mostly in OT or within the last few seconds of the 4th quarter.

-With making the playoffs on the line, and finally against an over .500 team, they dropped three straight. New England crushes their soul, Buffalo (a .375 team mind you) wallops them by 26 points, and they lose to KC, the worst team in their Division.

-They luckily still make the playoffs, despite losing their last 3 straight, b/c their division rivals did horrendous as well. They become an 8-8 record playoff team, gross.

-They play a handicapped Steelers team, QB sprained ankle, Center out, top 2 RB's out, etc. and again BARELY are able to squeeze a win out.

-They again face a successful team - and again New England crushes their soul.

**Crickets**

Got 'em, coach!~

He got a pass.

I'd like to hear the argument for him NOT being a marginal QB. Of course, there isn't one. You let your politics cloud your Sports. It's ok, it clouds everything you do.

First Tebow gets put in vs. a winning team: Detroit. He loses by an embarrassing 35 points. Then, *ALL* Versus .500 or below teams they go on a win streak, vs. whom *ALL* did not make the playoffs. Of *ALL* of these sucky sucky teams, they literally had trouble winning each of these games, mostly in OT or within the last few seconds of the 4th quarter.

-With making the playoffs on the line, and finally against an over .500 team, they dropped three straight. New England crushes their soul, Buffalo (a .375 team mind you) wallops them by 26 points, and they lose to KC, the worst team in their Division.

-They luckily still make the playoffs, despite losing their last 3 straight, b/c their division rivals did horrendous as well. They become an 8-8 record playoff team, gross.

-They play a handicapped Steelers team, QB sprained ankle, Center out, top 2 RB's out, etc. and again BARELY are able to squeeze a win out.

**Crickets**

Got 'em, coach!~

You left out the Bears game where the idiot running back only needed to stay in bounds and not fumble in OT

Or the game where Tebow inspired his kicker to kick a 59 yd FG to tie

Wait 'til the Leftist Atheists take issue with Tebow kneeling down on public land.

**Crickets**

Got 'em, coach!~

You left out the Bears game where the idiot running back only needed to stay in bounds and not fumble in OT

Or the game where Tebow inspired his kicker to kick a 59 yd FG to tie

Well, I didn't want to be too detailed. Those were amongst the below .500 teams involved in the "win streak."

Look for the Jets to run the wildcat much more often...

I expect the Jets to do much better in the red zone next year... Should be interesting...

I don't know, I think the Jets are a sinking ship. This just looks like a desperate gimmick. I would like to see Tebow playing somewhere else. New York just isn't the right fit for him. The New York Left loons will obsess over his religious beliefs and make the poor guy's life miserable. He would do much better playing somewhere else. But that's just my take anyway.

Yeah, the left will obsess over his religion unlike you :doubt:

He got a pass.

National Championship =/= Good NFL QB

Tebow wishes he was a marginal NFL QB. He sucks.

If people quit trying to prop him up he wouldn't be getting smacked back down.

Did I mention he sucks?

Forum List

Back