Tear down your penis fence. It offends!

Roopull

Jan 25, 2007
Near Atlanta
link to story

Okay, being new here I figured I'd post some lighthearted stuff before I pour on the heavyhearted stuff. Besides, it seems there's plenty of real news already...

I did a Google search for Shiva Lingas & they don't look much like penises... peni... ding dongs... how's that? Anyhoo, they don't look too naughty to me, but maybe the ones at this spa were especially ding dongish...

For your amusement & childish immature giggles...

Outcry prompts spa to tear down phallic fence

Mon Jan 29, 4:08 AM ET

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A Thai spa has agreed to re-model its penis-shaped fence into lotus flowers after it offended neighbours, a government official said on Monday.

The Sappaya Spa, located near the entrance of a small village and near a beach on the southern tourist island of Phuket, upset locals this month when builders erected the 18 Hindu Shiva Lingas around the property.

"People can't stand them so they called us for help," Thawichart Intararit, chief of Phuket's culture office, told Reuters.

After weeks of negotiations, the spa owner, a staunch Hindu follower, bowed to the outcry over the sculptures, which he thought would bring him good luck in business.

"He promised to have workers use cement to re-shape them into lotus flowers from Monday," Thawichart said.

Shiva Linga is the holy symbol of Lord Shiva, which religious scholars have given various interpretations of, including the symbol of copulation.

Most of Thailand's 64 million people are Buddhists, many of whom also worship Hindu gods and practise Hindu rituals.

Kinda makes you wonder just what was going on in that spa, don't it?:rofl:

Forum List

Back