Teaparty Group Tries to Disenfranchise Ohio Democrats

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
so much for the right loving the constitution...and democracy.

CINCINNATI — Lori Monroe, a 40-year-old Democrat who lives in central Ohio, was startled a few weeks ago to open a letter that said a stranger was challenging her right to vote in the presidential election.

Monroe, who was recovering from cancer surgery, called the local election board to protest. A local tea party leader was trying to strike Monroe from the voter rolls for a reason that made no sense: Her apartment building in Lancaster was listed as a commercial property.

"I'm like, really? Seriously?" Monroe said. "I've lived here seven years, and now I'm getting challenged?"

Monroe's is one of at least 2,100 names that tea party groups have sought to remove from Ohio's voter rosters.

The groups and their allies describe it as a citizen movement to prevent ballot fraud, although the Republican secretary of state said in an interview that he knew of no evidence that any more than a handful of illegal votes had been cast in Ohio in the last few presidential elections.

Ohio voters face challenges from tea party groups - latimes.com

The Ohio Tea Party is turning into the Spanish Inquisition.

Last edited by a moderator:

CINCINNATI — Lori Monroe, a 40-year-old Democrat who lives in central Ohio, was startled a few weeks ago to open a letter that said a stranger was challenging her right to vote in the presidential election.

Monroe, who was recovering from cancer surgery, called the local election board to protest. A local tea party leader was trying to strike Monroe from the voter rolls for a reason that made no sense: Her apartment building in Lancaster was listed as a commercial property.

"I'm like, really? Seriously?" Monroe said. "I've lived here seven years, and now I'm getting challenged?"

Monroe's is one of at least 2,100 names that tea party groups have sought to remove from Ohio's voter rosters.

The groups and their allies describe it as a citizen movement to prevent ballot fraud, although the Republican secretary of state said in an interview that he knew of no evidence that any more than a handful of illegal votes had been cast in Ohio in the last few presidential elections.

Oh jillian, don't you know this is just more lies from the liberal media in league with the Elders of Zion trying to fund Israelite extremest so that they may poo on the the U.S. Constitution and take all our guns??

tru story

The first thing I noticed was your link, which is the LA Times which is a SuperPac for the Democrat Party, so we are not going to get an unbiased, objective story here. Now, when I see a story like this, the first thing that comes to mind is all these polls that show Obama so far ahead in swing states and in other polls, they are full of crap. You see, the Democrats SuperPacs, also known as the media know the polls are false and they are already preparing thought control via "disenfranchised voters", "voter suppression" and whatever.

I ask jillian, given your faux concern for consitutional rights, where were you showing this same concern when black panthers with nightsticks in Philly were intimidating senior citizens and other people from voting? Where have you been when union thugs use voter intimidation tactics like in Wisconsin? Where have you been on Democrats trying to screw over the military vote? Oh wait, the end justifies the means, so these are all okay in your mind.

Please, don't cry about constitutional rights being violated when it is your side that on every given day is trying to ban freedom of speech from Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity and others that expose your side for what they are.

You know something, being a Libertarian, I never used to think much of Rush, but a year ago, a friend challenged me to listen to him for 1 month and give him a chance. The bet was if I did not agree with Rush or want to listen to him again after a month, he would give me $250. If I ended up listening to Rush, I owed my friend NOTHING. Well....I lost out on gaining $250, because everything he has said about people on your side of the political spectrum is true. No wonder your side thinks the constitution only applies to you.
Oh, and I remember MONTHS ago Rush said, just watch and see, the Obama regime will distort employment numbers just enough that by October, unemployment will magically by under 8.0%. Even today, I still do not agree with everything Rush says, but one thing is for sure, he is 100% correct about the left and the media.

I want to conclude this post by thanking you for putting up this link. The mere fact that the LA Times is already preparing excuses for if Obama loses Ohio tells me one thing, the polls showing Obama with big lead in Ohio are nothing more than one giant fabrication trying to depress the Republican base in Ohio not to vote.

Part of the article that was not quoted.

In some cases, the Ohio tea party researchers have correctly identified voters who have died or moved, speeding up the official updating of registration files. They also found voters registered at a Cincinnati trailer park that no longer exists.

Are you saying it's OK if only a hadnfull of legitimatie votes are canceled by fraud? I say if even 1 vote cast legitimatey is canceled by fraud it's too many and everything possible should be done to prevent it.

Same ol', same ol'. The GOP, this time in the form of the Teabaggers, doing their best to intimidate voters to change the outcome of an election. These people should have the DOJ camped on their front doorstep everytime they try this.

The first thing I noticed was your link, which is the LA Times which is a SuperPac for the Democrat Party, so we are not going to get an unbiased, objective story here. Now, when I see a story like this, the first thing that comes to mind is all these polls that show Obama so far ahead in swing states and in other polls, they are full of crap. You see, the Democrats SuperPacs, also known as the media know the polls are false and they are already preparing thought control via "disenfranchised voters", "voter suppression" and whatever.

I ask jillian, given your faux concern for consitutional rights, where were you showing this same concern when black panthers with nightsticks in Philly were intimidating senior citizens and other people from voting? Where have you been when union thugs use voter intimidation tactics like in Wisconsin? Where have you been on Democrats trying to screw over the military vote? Oh wait, the end justifies the means, so these are all okay in your mind.

Please, don't cry about constitutional rights being violated when it is your side that on every given day is trying to ban freedom of speech from Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity and others that expose your side for what they are.

You know something, being a Libertarian, I never used to think much of Rush, but a year ago, a friend challenged me to listen to him for 1 month and give him a chance. The bet was if I did not agree with Rush or want to listen to him again after a month, he would give me $250. If I ended up listening to Rush, I owed my friend NOTHING. Well....I lost out on gaining $250, because everything he has said about people on your side of the political spectrum is true. No wonder your side thinks the constitution only applies to you.
Oh, and I remember MONTHS ago Rush said, just watch and see, the Obama regime will distort employment numbers just enough that by October, unemployment will magically by under 8.0%. Even today, I still do not agree with everything Rush says, but one thing is for sure, he is 100% correct about the left and the media.

I want to conclude this post by thanking you for putting up this link. The mere fact that the LA Times is already preparing excuses for if Obama loses Ohio tells me one thing, the polls showing Obama with big lead in Ohio are nothing more than one giant fabrication trying to depress the Republican base in Ohio not to vote.

when obama kicks romney's ass, are you going to move out of the country or commit suicide?

here's another source and why they choose who they choose to try to disenfranchise them of their vote:

(JTA) -- Students at the Telshe Yeshiva Rabbinical College are among 2,100 Ohio voters that the Tea Party is attempting to remove from the state's rosters prior to the November election.
The seminary students' voting status is being challenged by the Tea Party-affiliated Ohio Voter Integrity Project for failing to specify their dorm room numbers, the Los Angeles Times reported. The project, an offshoot of the True the Vote organization founded by two oil tycoons in Rosenberg, Texas, has prioritized issuing voter challenges of college students, who as a group tend to lean liberal.

Telshe Yeshiva students named in Ohio Tea Party voter challenge | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

How is making a legal challenge disenfranchising someone from voting? If they are correct in their challenge then you have done something to legally disqualify yourself from voting and the law as written is simply being upheld if they are incorrect in the challenge and you have done nothing to disqualified you will be allowed to vote.

I know, back when I started listening in 1991 he said some things I couldnt believe but found out they were true

1)liberals dont think communism was tried properly in the USSR? HUH?
2)Liberals are bigots......BIGTIME
3)Liberals dont think black people can be racist.....I reallly thought he was nuts on that one...but again he was correct....

It's pretty amazing.......

If you can't beat them, keep them from voting.

- GOP Proverb

Well the dems have 2

If you cant get the will of the people...use the courts

And if you cant beat em with votes, make more votes (dead people, register 80 people, vote often in the same election) and whatever you do, do not show ID

Forum List

Back