Team Santorum: America is with Rick on belief in the existence of the devil

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Team Santorum: America is with Rick on belief in the existence of the devil
Washington Examiner ^ | 02/22/2012 | Byron York

Team Santorum: U.S. is with Rick on devil belief | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

MESA, Ariz. -- Some of Rick Santorum's advisers are frustrated and angry that reporters are focusing more on their candidate's statements about Satan than on his positions on the issues. Here in Arizona Tuesday, Santorum faced repeated questioning about portions of a 2008 speech at a Catholic university in Florida in which he said, "Satan is attacking the great institutions of America."

"I don't know what's newsmaking that Rick Santorum believes in right and wrong, good and evil, God and the devil," says one campaign aide. "I really don't know how that's out of the mainstream."

It's not. In 2007, the Gallup polling organization asked Americans whether they believe in God, in heaven, in hell, and in the devil. The results: 86 percent of those questioned said they believed in God, 81 percent in heaven, 70 percent in the devil, and 69 percent in hell.

Just 21 percent of those questioned said they do not believe in the devil, giving Satan a healthy 70-21 believe/disbelieve ratio. (Eight percent said they weren't sure.)

Santorum's aides believe it is unfair that reporters are asking questions about aspects of Santorum's faith and not asking similar questions about Mitt Romney's. Of course, Santorum has spoken more publicly about the details of his religious beliefs than Romney has, and that is why some of the questions are popping up now. On the other hand, some in the Santorum camp are pointing to a 2007 interview Romney did with Iowa radio talk show host Jan Mickelson in which Mickelson essentially goaded Romney into discussing, off-air but on-camera, a few details of Mormon beliefs. ("The Church says that Christ appears and splits the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem," Romney told Mickelson. "That’s what the Church says. And then, over a thousand years of the millennium, that the world is reigned in two places, Jerusalem and Missouri. . . . The law will come from Missouri, and the other will be from Jerusalem.")

But specifically religious questioning of Romney is as rare as specific Romney statements about Mormon beliefs. Given the current grilling of Santorum, that is a source of growing frustration to Santorum's advisers. "Why is Mormonism off limits?" asks one. "I'm not saying it's a seminal issue in the campaign, but we're having to spend days answering questions about Rick's faith, which he has been open about. Romney will turn on a dime when you talk about religion. We're getting asked about specific tenets of Rick's faith, and when Romney says, 'I want to focus on the economy,' they say, OK, we'll focus on the economy."

UPDATE: After this was posted, the Santorum adviser called back to stress that his "off limits" point was not specifically about Mormonism but rather that Santorum alone is being questioned about religion. He asked why Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul, in addition to Romney, have not faced the level of questioning abour religion that Santorum has. In our original conversation, the adviser said, "If you're going to ask us, you need to ask everybody."

----
Any Christan would believe in the devil and that he is the father of lies and pain. So I don't see the problem as this poll shows. Maybe a little weird in a presidential race, but this is just the truth as the devil wishes to get into our government and lifes. Lets stop attacking something that's true and focus on his fiscal record.

Last edited:
how many believe in bigfoot ?

70 percent of this country believes in the devil. Why, do you attack Santorum for being part of the 70 percent?:eusa_whistle:

Yeah........70 percent of the country believes in the Devil.

However............how many people in this country (other than Pat Robertson and the Westboro Baptist Church and the 700 Club) believe that Satan is ACTIVELY trying to take down this country?

Or.........is it that you believe Obama is the anti-Christ?

70 percent of this country believes in the devil. Why, do you attack Santorum for being part of the 70 percent?:eusa_whistle:

However............how many people in this country (other than Pat Robertson and the Westboro Baptist Church and the 700 Club) believe that Satan is ACTIVELY trying to take down this country?

And somehow you think Satan is NOT trying to take us all down? Any belief in Satan has to come from the Bible, and the Bible is very clear on Satan's designs and motivations. To think that he is just some 'evil' spirit blithely ignoring the souls around him is infantile. His entire motivation is to separate those souls from Communion with God.

Looks like he's doing a pretty good job of it, too...

The greatest trick Satan ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist...

Last edited:
Goooo Santorum all the way I hope....We need someone who represents main stream working Americans again, and not to worry about the ones who make us believe that they are the main stream, when we know good and well now that they are not, nor do they represent us, where as instead they are phony's who use activist judges and special interest groups to make their numbers apear huge, when they are not in step with main stream Americans at all to be found within their true numbers.

The media has created an illusion that many immoral people in this nation, control this nation anymore, when infact their numbers are small, but just are swollen up by the media for group supporting reasons, and/or for culture war supporting reasons.. The people need not be fooled by this anymore, and they need to start voting their conscience once again, instead of being followers or sheeple that have been for to long having their heads in the sand now, as the nation was burning down around them for way to long now.

The flames are at the doorway, and it is time to push them back into a safer position by your vote, and this in order to save your children and this nation from those flames finally.

Some of Rick Santorum's advisers are frustrated and angry that reporters are focusing more on their candidate's statements about Satan than on his positions on the issues.

What are his positions on the issues? All this nitwit talks about is religion.

Not exactly true.... he keeps being asked about it.

Watch tonight and tell me Im wrong.

Plus, when did it become bad to be a religious person?

If I remember correctly, Obama quotes Jesus to justify upcoming tax hikes – “To whom much is given, much is required.”
If remember correctly, it was Obama that stomped on religious freedom by mandating that Catholic charities violate the basic tenets of their faith and provide contraceptives.

Why all the fuss over Santorum?

Nevermind.... I think I know the answer to my question.

Well of course Satan exists. There he is, occupying the White House as we speak! Just as proud as a peach.

:evil:

God and Santa Claus.

most of us are taught about Santa Claus and many of us actually believe for a while.

However somehow that belief is strong enough that we pass it on to our children.

Church and programming of the young about supernatural powers has the same effect except with continued enforcement pressure.

And somehow you think Satan is NOT trying to take us all down? Any belief in Satan has to come from the Bible, and the Bible is very clear on Satan's designs and motivations. To think that he is just some 'evil' spirit blithely ignoring the souls around him is infantile. His entire motivation is to separate those souls from Communion with God.

The greatest trick Satan ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist...

I thought that was the Easter Bunny.

I thought that was the Easter Bunny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4tLCGcTG4]Genghis Khan vs Easter Bunny. Epic Rap Battles of History #8 - YouTube[/ame]

Satan is the symbolic embodiment of our own worst habits and desires. In that sense Satan is taking over the country but in reality it is just a whole lot of people futilely chasing happiness by accumulating wealth and power, no supernatural boogieman needed. It has been said that the greatest lie Satan ever told was to convince people he didn't exist but that's not right, the greatest lie is when we all told ourselves that material goods are the key to happiness.

I can believe in Satan, ans still despise Santorum; to him, I am not a Christian.

Forum List

Back